Parents (or youngens) do you smack

bobbyshinton

I've never laid a hand on any of my 3 kids, I've always done my utmost to instil discipline, manners and respect to my kids and I'd be disappointed in myself if I ever resorted to hitting any of them.

Absolutely. I was never smacked and I'm vehemently against it. I don't have children, but if I do have them I won't smack them. I was a well behaved child and I simply don't think that smacking is necessarily an effective means of discipline nor do I agree with hitting anyone, let alone children. Children need boundaries and sanctions, but smacking doesn't provide these.

I'm not sure what's worse though, smacking a child in frustration when you reach the end of your tether or using smacking as a considered measure.

Maybe if you'd been smacked you wouldn't be such an uppity little bitch. :good::lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with smacking under certain circumstances. I can clearly remember the few times I was smacked and it always made me realise the gravity of the situation. Doing something stupid (like going for a midnight walk when I was 8 and anything could have happened to me) warranted it.

Another example was when my dad once had my brother up against the wall by his neck because he'd kicked a girl in the head and she'd gone to hospital, he'd had big boots on and showed no remorse.

When I see mothers torturing their bairns for lagging behind while they do the shopping it boils my piss though.

I've never laid a hand on any of my 3 kids, I've always done my utmost to instil discipline, manners and respect to my kids and I'd be disappointed in myself if I ever resorted to hitting any of them.

Absolutely. I was never smacked and I'm vehemently against it. I don't have children, but if I do have them I won't smack them. I was a well behaved child and I simply don't think that smacking is necessarily an effective means of discipline nor do I agree with hitting anyone, let alone children. Children need boundaries and sanctions, but smacking doesn't provide these.

I'm not sure what's worse though, smacking a child in frustration when you reach the end of your tether or using smacking as a considered measure.

Can't comment then tbh

Maybe if you'd been smacked you wouldn't be such an uppity little bitch. :good::lol:

My thoughts exactly without the smilies

Can't comment then tbh

That's patronising bollocks tbh.

Until you've got kids of your own you can only guess at what you would do. It's alright having these perfect little thoughts on a perfect child in your head but raising a child is a totally different ball game - factamondo

You can still have a valid view though. Unless you reckon people can only comment on things they have direct experience of, which is patently untrue. In any case, there are people on here who have kids who don't agree with smacking.

I'm not on about if smacking is right or wrong what I'm saying is you can't have a valid point until you've got first hand experience of having a kid 24/7.

People (up there own arse cunts) make opinions on how it should be done and think it's a fucking doddle when they haven't got a fucking clue, thats why society is fucked today.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I'm not on about if smacking is right or wrong what I'm saying is you can't have a valid point but until you've you've got first hand experience of having a kid 24/7.

People (up there own arse cunts) make opinions on how it should be done and think it's a fucking doddle when they haven't got a fucking clue, thats why society is fucked today.

I'm with Wacky here meself, i couldn't possibly comment meself in this thread correctly I feel due to me not having a young 'un and feel it would be patronising to others who do, like he says you need the experience yourself to know what you'll do at any given time.

I'm not on about if smacking is right or wrong what I'm saying is you can't have a valid point until you've got first hand experience of having a kid 24/7.

So (since were constructing straw men) my view on anything about looking after kids is less valid than some pair of little charvas too thick to use contraception then? I disagree and I would say shit parents are much more to do with what is wrong with society.

As someone who was smacked as a kid when I needed it, I honestly don't see the problem with it. I'm not talking about belting your kid round the supermarket or anything, but the odd clip on the back of the legs definitely made me think twice about acting myself as a kid.

I see parents grab their kids by the arm and hit them 5 or 6 times without saying anything - now that I think is out of order. Once will do. Then if they act themselves when they regain consciousness, do it again.

I would say the pursuit of material wealth above all else is the big problem.

It's the same everywhere, and is particularly evident in football - look at bungs, Chel$ki, the shambolic way we run things. The Iraq war, for the sake of oil money, it's all a load of bollocks.

I would say the pursuit of material wealth above all else is the big problem.

It's the same everywhere, and is particularly evident in football - look at bungs, Chel$ki, the shambolic way we run things. The Iraq war, for the sake of oil money, it's all a load of bollocks.

Are you advocating smacking greedy people?

Until you've got kids of your own you can only guess at what you would do. It's alright having these perfect little thoughts on a perfect child in your head but raising a child is a totally different ball game - factamondo

You can still have a valid view though. Unless you reckon people can only comment on things they have direct experience of, which is patently untrue. In any case, there are people on here who have kids who don't agree with smacking.

A valid opinion maybe, but not a view. Having the view requires experience.... I have to agree in a manner with the dwarf.

A valid opinion maybe, but not a view. Having the view requires experience.... I have to agree in a manner with the dwarf.

Wouldn't they be synonymous in this instance?

If you're being literal then Wacky's view on everything is limited, you'll have to put him on your shoulders for a better look.

Edited by ObaGol

A view and an opinion are exactly the same thing tbh

Parent should have the right and choice to smack if they choose with the government/europe or whoever keeping its noses out of the matter.

I'm in favour, but doesn't matter as i'd rather castrate myself than ever have children!

However you are more than entitled to have opinions on parenting, children and anything related whether you have them or not. Or else your argument as Alex says is that two braindead charvas who aren't fit to live never mind look after a kid will be a better source of argument and debate on the subject than somebody who is intelligent, well rounded and mature, because they haven't got somebody pregnent yet!

What you can say is that somebody with no kids cannot categorically state they will never smack their kids until they have them for a few years and see exactly how they handle the situation, because they may end up doing somethign they thought they wouldn't.