Elvenking - March of fools

Ani DiFranco - On Every Corner

Yellowcard - sure thing falling

Yellowcard - Three Flights Up

Yellowcard - Two Weeks From Twenty

Kristofferson, Kris / This Old Road

Buzzcocks, The / flat-pack philosophy

The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack

Peter Schilling - Major Tom (Coming Home)

Edited by Pilchard Chops

My ipods top ten most played tracks.

1. Sleater Kinney - What's Mine Is Yours (28)

2. Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise! (27)

3. Genius GZA - Liquid Swords (23)

4. Caribou - Bees (19)

4. Lightning Bolt - 2 Morro Morro Land (19)

6. The Rakes - 22 Grand Job (18)

7. The Earlies - Morning Wonder (17)

8. Black Mountain - Modern Music (16)

8. Deerhoof - O'Malley, Former Underdog (16)

8. Devendra Banhart - Chinese Children (16)

8. Isolee - Schrapnell (16)

Supergrass - Road to Rouen

I love this album, it's such a grower. First couple of listens and you think nice record but nothing spectacular and then you realise after a few more that albums like this are worth a hundred of your trying oh so hard to impress the grown ups records. The shallow, overhyped products of our instant gratification culture. Not that Road to Rouen is a tough listen, a hard sell. Far from it. It just feels more organic, more like it's evolved from some kind of creative process. From people who don't feel they have anything to prove or shock, who just write the songs as they come out. It seems ironic that the band who were once the epitome of youthful exuberance have come full circle with a thoughtful almost trad rock album, at least in some ways. Don't neglect one of the very best bands of the last ten years people just to get your weekly fix of the latest tat.

I'm aware that paragraph can be summed up by the phrase: young 'uns today eh?

Supergrass - Road to Rouen

I love this album, it's such a grower. First couple of listens and you think nice record but nothing spectacular and then you realise after a few more that albums like this are worth a hundred of your trying oh so hard to impress the grown ups records. The shallow, overhyped products of our instant gratification culture. Not that Road to Rouen is a tough listen, a hard sell. Far from it. It just feels more organic, more like it's evolved from some kind of creative process. From people who don't feel they have anything to prove or shock, who just write the songs as they come out. It seems ironic that the band who were once the epitome of youthful exuberance have come full circle with a thoughtful almost trad rock album, at least in some ways. Don't neglect one of the very best bands of the last ten years people just to get your weekly fix of the latest tat.

I'm aware that paragraph can be summed up by the phrase: young 'uns today eh?

89440[/snapback]

10/10 for this review Mr Reinhardt. Road to Rouen is one of the albums of 2005 that will unfortunately be lost amongst the tripe sold to the masses.

Sons and Daughters - the repulsion box.