Does the new Toonraider still post here?

Steve

Hey everyone, long tine no see and all that. Still living in London for the time being but have been unemployed and travelling. Russia's a fucked up place but man it's cool.

Anyway, just curious if the new Toonraider still posted here cos I've got questions about Torquay. You see, I've just accepted a month long position at Torbay Hospital down that way and was just curious what the town was like and the area and all that jazz. I won't be there long so if it sucks hey, at least they're paying me well for my four weeks work. But if it's cool, well maybe I'll enjoy my time.

Has anyone else from here been to Torquay and can give me an honest (ie, not a manc-mag style) reply?

Man I need to come back. :good:

Hey, how you doin' Cath? :lol:

Terrible now I know you're moving so far away <_<:good:

York is lovely, come November I'm hoping to be living there. I'm on my way closer to you. Just a detour in Torquay because the money they're offering is one of the reasons nurses are underpaid. :D

Hey, how you doin' Cath? :lol:

Terrible now I know you're moving so far away <_<:good:

York is lovely, come November I'm hoping to be living there. I'm on my way closer to you. Just a detour in Torquay because the money they're offering is one of the reasons nurses are underpaid. <_<

Don't even START to talk to me about how much you're getting paid!! :D

Hey everyone, long tine no see and all that. Still living in London for the time being but have been unemployed and travelling. Russia's a fucked up place but man it's cool.

Anyway, just curious if the new Toonraider still posted here cos I've got questions about Torquay. You see, I've just accepted a month long position at Torbay Hospital down that way and was just curious what the town was like and the area and all that jazz. I won't be there long so if it sucks hey, at least they're paying me well for my four weeks work. But if it's cool, well maybe I'll enjoy my time.

Has anyone else from here been to Torquay and can give me an honest (ie, not a manc-mag style) reply?

Man I need to come back. :good:

New? :lol:

But yes i stil post here, so fire away with your questions steve. I live very close to Torbay Hosp.

Over run sporadically with nomadic grockles....

very true mags, im glad to see you remember the lingo :good: We're full of grockles and old folk. Great football team though :D

Steve, just a general reply for you.

Torquay isnt as pleasant as it once was (sigh) (mainly due to scousers and 'others' invading the place) we also have quite a drug problem here for such a small seaside resort <_< but if you like beaches and stunning coastal scenery you might just like it here. The towncentre itself is ok, very near to the hospital and has lots of eating places and pubs. If you're into clubbing, theres not a great deal of night life as such, most clubs being around the harbourside, which i avoid fri and sat nights as its full of drunken kids!

Depends what you like really, this is my favourite time of year down here, almost all the grockles have pissed off home, kids back at school and its fairly peaceful. (some might say dead) :lol:

On the plus side, we are very near to some beautiful beaches and lovely places ti visit if you can whilst you're here, like Dartmouth, Salcombe, Dartmoor etc. So if you like walking, cycling, sailing, fishing and general outdoor pursuits you're in!

On the minus side, you may get bored and find not enough to do, depends what you like. Property to rent is expensive and not plentiful, does your job come with accomodation? Just wondered, as there is a new apartment block very close to the hosp which i think is chiefly for Torbay hosp staff and looks ok. There are of course one or two areas to avoid living in but all towns have those! Public transport isnt great and cost of living is high here. But if its only a month that shouldnt affect you.

I'd say give it a go, we even have a football team, so thats your saturday afternoons sorted! <_<

Any questions i'd be happy to help.

webcam of seafront road between Paignton and Torquay

http://www.torquaywebcam.com/

And Torquay harbour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/webcams/torquay_webcam.shtml

Edited by Toonraider

join us next week on wish you were here when we will be in Seaham, we will be sampling the local delights such as twocking and of course lets not forget sister shaggin,

naa really, my mate spent last summer in Torquay and TR has echoed what he was saying, i thought it was always a nice place, but same as everywhere now as you get your scroats everywhere,

join us next week on wish you were here when we will be in Seaham, we will be sampling the local delights such as twocking and of course lets not forget sister shaggin,

naa really, my mate spent last summer in Torquay and TR has echoed what he was saying, i thought it was always a nice place, but same as everywhere now as you get your scroats everywhere,

:good: You're right though, i should work for the Torquay tourist board!

If Steve was coming here for any length of time, i'd probably say try and live on the outskirts of Torquay, We're looking to move to one of the small villages on the out-skirts, Stokeinteignhead.

Edited by Toonraider