HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray

Kid Dynamite

HD-DVD add on drive for Xbox 360 will be £129.99. Comes with a copy of King Kong HD-DVD too.

Thats my choice made

where did you get that price from? I heard it was going to be £199 with 2 dvds. A rip off when the american one is going for $200 (£110) and the jap one is going for £90.

We need to start kicking up a fuss so they drop the price

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD-DVD add on drive for Xbox 360 will be £129.99. Comes with a copy of King Kong HD-DVD too.

Thats my choice made

where did you get that price from? I heard it was going to be £199 with 2 dvds. A rip off when the american one is going for $200 (£110) and the jap one is going for £90.

We need to start kicking up a fuss so they drop the price

No need to kick up a fuss thats the price. 200 Euro and £129.99

LP's prices could be from that "leaked" X06 document, which may be fake. I hope not, because it said we'd have a Pro Evo 6 demo on marketplace by tomorrow evening. :D

I just found the news about the first day of the X06 convention.

That was just a slip actually, its through the HD component cable.

November 7th is release date. Wonder if I can save up for it, xmas is just round the corner and im skint!!!

LP's prices could be from that "leaked" X06 document, which may be fake. I hope not, because it said we'd have a Pro Evo 6 demo on marketplace by tomorrow evening. :D

I saw a doc yesterday afternoon which was spot on with everything the showed last night. There was no mention of a PES demo on that though.

You can go download the con presentation from xbox.com. Worth it for the Assasins Creed walkthrough.

LP's prices could be from that "leaked" X06 document, which may be fake. I hope not, because it said we'd have a Pro Evo 6 demo on marketplace by tomorrow evening. :lol:

I saw a doc yesterday afternoon which was spot on with everything the showed last night. There was no mention of a PES demo on that though.

You can go download the con presentation from xbox.com. Worth it for the Assasins Creed walkthrough.

I watched that last night; looks pretty impressive, no? :D

Speaking of impressive walkthroughs, anyone seen the trailer for Mass Effect? Shows actually in game graphics and looks phenomenal.

Edited by MrBass

Dunno if anyones interested in buying an HD lcd but woolies are flogging a 'technosonic' 32" widescreen tv for £499. Apparantly the price is expecting to fall to £399 over the weekend AND there may be a 10% woolies voucher floating about as well.

So thats £360 for a 32" HD lcd.

ive had my SD lcd for about a year now - brilliant reading toontastic in 32 inches of widescreen. :angry:

I've got a 32" telly like, but it's not HD, and I'm already paying a tenner extra a month for the multiroom, so I'm not gonna pay another tenner for HD. Which reminds me - I need to ring Sky and threaten to leave again so that they give me my subscription for half price. B)

Just did that and now have a lovely 25% discount for 12 months ;) I was offered half price but only for 3 months.

I'm doing something similar with NTL for broadband. They can't for the life of them understand why I haven't transferred to their broadband service from dial-up. They are evidently keen to switch off the dial-up and are offering incentives in order to do so.

The latest offer from them is 2meg broadband at £7.99 a month for the next 3 years (before it reverts to it's standard price). I'm waiting til they drop that to a fiver and then I'll sign up! :)

:lol:

Hmm.. wonder if they'll offer me any discount if I threaten to cancel. :D

Just got off the blower to NTL with the got no money, may have to cancel, what can you do speil, and my broadband has been upgraded to 4Mb (from 2Mb) and monthly cost reduced to £12.49 (from £17.99) for 3 months. :P

Hmm... wonder if I can haggle down Tescos? <_<

Surely anyone with any sense will wait until a) it becomes apparent which of the two formats will be most popular and b ) the prices come down.

The dweebs who have to be first to own these things either end up buying the wrong one or paying massively over the odds. I like having a decent widescreen telly, and when I go into Bainbridges or whatever and see the HD TVs, the picture is amazing, but I'm not THAT arsed that I would hand over thousands of pounds. It doesn't make the programmes you watch any better. :lol:

I may not have any sense, but I just bought a blu-ray burning laptop for the simple reason that it can hold lots (50gb) of data on one disc.

As far as I know, you can't yet buy a computer that can burn - not just play - HD-DVD, so that decided it for me. I'm not even that bothered if HD-DVD eventually "wins", because the blu-ray discs will always be compatible with my computer, and that'll do me for the next 3 years or so.

Surely anyone with any sense will wait until a) it becomes apparent which of the two formats will be most popular and b ) the prices come down.

The dweebs who have to be first to own these things either end up buying the wrong one or paying massively over the odds. I like having a decent widescreen telly, and when I go into Bainbridges or whatever and see the HD TVs, the picture is amazing, but I'm not THAT arsed that I would hand over thousands of pounds. It doesn't make the programmes you watch any better. :lol:

I may not have any sense, but I just bought a blu-ray burning laptop for the simple reason that it can hold lots (50gb) of data on one disc.

As far as I know, you can't yet buy a computer that can burn - not just play - HD-DVD, so that decided it for me. I'm not even that bothered if HD-DVD eventually "wins", because the blu-ray discs will always be compatible with my computer, and that'll do me for the next 3 years or so.

Are you sure about that?