FM2007 Essential players list.

menace13

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essential players:

Palacio (the utter beast of my team, an essential essential)

Jose Sosa

Lebohang Mokoena

Celsinho

Augusto Fernandez

Lucas

Marcelo (left back, essential)

Rafina (right back, essential)

Sergio Coronel

Antonio Carrajero (a bitch to get)

Darn skippy.

Lucas is an absolute God. Stats shoot up after a season or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Explain please Brock; what exactly is the fun part of playing a game as Sunderland?

I wanted to manage a lower league team as opposed to my usual Real Madrid/Inter/Sampdoria.

Chose the mackems for a laugh, went up as league winners, came 2nd in the premiership and have subsequently won it for the past 3 seasons.

I'll go back to me Milan game when I win the CL.

Plus Foti's still banging them in. :D

• 1 month later...

a new legend:

Carlos Javier Acuna

acunamo6.th.jpg

acuna2in8.th.jpg

Tried signing him but he went to West Ham as I already have 4 strikers.

How's Teaudours doing for you?

He's doing well, I'm constantly getting bids for him.

• 4 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6653123.stm

Who is Lucas Leiva? What is his true position? And based on a previous article about South American youngsters leaving too early, eg. Gabriel Paletta, is Lucas ready to come to the Premiership just yet?

Mark Williams, Leamington Spa (and many others)

These moves are always a gamble, but I think this is a good one.

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

You can certainly imagine him playing alongside Javier Mascherano, for example.

I don't have the same fears for him as I did with Paletta. He's had two full seasons behind him - one helping Gremio win promotion from the second division, and then last year's success when he was chosen as the player of the championship.

In a perfect world you might want him to stay another year before moving on, but (a) Gremio need to sell to balance the books and (:lol: with Liverpool's strength in depth in central midfield it looks as if his first campaign will be a bedding in season.

For 8mill I believe.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...7220189,00.html

BRAZILIAN wonderkid Lucas Leiva is joining Liverpool after they made him an offer he could not refuse.

The 20-year-old holding midfielder has agreed personal terms on an £8million move from Gremio.

He admitted: “I didn’t expect to leave Brazil so soon but what I have been offered and the team from which it came made it impossible to say no.

“Liverpool have made me an excellent proposal in the financial and professional aspects.

“I also realise my departure will be a huge help to Gremio in resolving some of their financial difficulties. That makes me happy with the decision.”

Lucas, skipper of the national Under-20 team, will move to Liverpool in July after the end of the Brazilian season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Deportivo La Coruna have agreed a deal to sign Mexico starlet Andres Guardado.

The Atlas midfielder, 21, was close to a move to Dutch side PSV Eindhoven, but now looks to have secured a €7million (£4.7million) move to the Spanish club.

"We have the pleasure of finishing the negotiations with Deportivo La Coruna to transfer Guardado to that team," Atlas president Fernando Acosta Martinez told Medio Tiempo.

"We had held negotiations with PSV, but we had also had conversations with La Coruna and those were the best for all of us.

"Everything has been arranged and next week we will finalise some formal details in Spain.

"The transfer of the player has been agreed at €7m. This is not an expensive player. I think we have given him away cheaply because he is young and has great qualities.

"He is a national team player. I am sure that if he had been Argentinian or Brazilian, he would have cost €5m (£3.4m) more.

"Atlas didn't really want to sell this player, but it was a very important chance for him to play in Europe."

The player's agent, Mario Ordales, says Guardado chose to move to La Liga rather than the Eredivisie as he felt it would offer him better opportunities to further his career.

"For Guardado, this is an enormous chance because today the Spanish league is the best in the world and offers great possibilities for players," he said.

Carlos Vela article:

Carlos Vela

January 25, 2007

Spanish newspaper Marca recently labelled Carlos Vela “the new Hugo Sanchez”, and certainly there are similarities between the Mexicans: the teenager is a forward currently playing in Spain, with Salamanca – just as his compatriot used to at Real Madrid – he has black curly hair, wears the No 9 shirt and has the happy knack of imposing himself on games. But in playing style, Vela is actually much closer to Barcelona's Argentinian starlet Lionel Messi.

The youngster, who will be 18 on March 1, made a name for himself last year at the Under-17 World Championship, where his Golden Boot-winning tally of five goals went a long way to bringing the team the trophy, Mexico's first world title at any age level.

Not surprisingly, Vela's amazing pace, finishing ability and versatility attracted the attention of several top European sides. But it was Arsenal who showed most conviction, snapping him up from leading Mexican club Guadalajara – for whom Vela never made a first-team appearance – on a five-year contract.

Although FIFA regulations prevent the inter-continental transfers of under-18s, Guadalajara insist Arsenal paid a substantial sum for Vela. “Arsenal have already paid the full transfer fee,” said president Jorge Vergara. “I don't have the exact figure, but it is close to $3million [£1.5m]. He was a player we were looking to be a big part of our future and there was no way we were going to let him go for free.

“We expected him to stay for two or three years and then leave as the big star he was going to be, but in the end it was his decision and there was nothing we could do about it. I hope he won't regret leaving the club at such an early age.”

However, the Gunners found it impossible to obtain a work permit for the youngster, so he was shipped out to Celta Vigo on a two-year loan. Vela did play with the Galician team during pre-season last summer but was deemed too young for the first team and was packed off again, this time to second division Salamanca.

The Celta coaching staff may well be regretting that decision. Vela has flourished since arriving in Castile, with his darting forward runs and amazing dribbling ability making him an instant hit at the Estadio Helmantico. Not only that but Vela is Salamanca's top scorer despite playing in an unusual left midfield position. Celta, meanwhile, had only a mediocre autumn campaign and would surely have benefited from having the teen sensation on board.

Vela loves his new surroundings but is aware that his future lies elsewhere. “I'd love to win promotion for the fans,” he says.

“That would be my legacy here as I don't know what will happen at the end of the season.”

The likely scenario is a return to Celta to complete his loan period then finally off to Arsenal full time.

The Gunners have monitored Vela's progress and chief scout Steve Rowley believes he has the quality to develop into a top-class player.

“Carlos is a great talent,” he says. “He's not a typical striker. He's a wonderful poacher. He's fast, a great dribbler and instinctive in the box.”

Vela, who is learning English, hopes to be playing in the Premiership within two years.

“I want to play there alongside Thierry Henry. It would be a dream,” he says.

For now, though, his goal must be simply to carry on driving defences crazy as he tries to help steer Salamanca to what would be a dramatic return to the Spanish top flight.

By Martin del Palacio Langer

Vincenzo Iaquinta ;)

Welcome to 2006 :jesuswept:

Aye, I know. But I just bought him on this game and he scored 30-odd this season. :lol:

Brilliant player, will be probably be playing at St James's Park this month when we play Juventus.

• 2 months later...