Quayside help please

gram

Been asked by a group of lasses to recommend some bars on the quayside. They are from

Yorkshire but the 6 of them are going out on the piss.

Anyway, I havent lived up there for 10 years and as soon as i get to the quayside i just go to the offshore, red house and then cooperage. Certain the cooperage isnt their cup of tea.

Suspect this lot will want a club or two and have asked me to make sure they avoid gays bars :)

They are all about 26

If you could recommend any bars I am sure the lasses will be very grateful.

Also, can you say where things are too please. Ta.

If there are any others in town that you recommend then that would be good too!

I just realised I never venture from the same bars.

Tricky one...depends what they are into. There are several routes ( price-wise) to take. They could start at the Pitcher n Piano, across the road to the Waterline, alonf the street to the Slug n Lettuce, around the corner to Bar 38, over the road to Chase then across to the Quilted Camel/ Red House. They are then just a short hop over to the road to Sea (don't like it myself as it plays too much dancy main stream music).

Alternatively they could start at Lloyds bar ( right on the riverfront) and progress ina circuitous route, Jimmyz, Offshore, Quilted Camel, Red House, the dodgy one over the road ( can't remember it'sname) that plays loads of Abba and Grease n stuff, Barr 38, Chase then along to Sea or across the bridge to Baja.

Central Station would be a better area ( my preference) loads of decent bars but then you are stuck for clubs as they would probably either have to head up to the Gate for mood or end up in the Bigg Market for Blu Bambu :) ???

Edited by Radgina

Guest Toplass-101

My Quayside Route:

1) Pitcher & Piano, next to the Millenium bridge

2) Waterline, to the right of the Court

3) The Slug, almost under the bridge

4) Bar 38, round the corner from Slug next to Queen Street

5) Traders, turn right out of 38 then left onto Queen Street and its on the right.

6) The Quayside bar, other side of road to the Cooperage

7) Off Shore, next the The Red House

8) The Red House, next to Off Shore... bargain trebles for £2.60 ish so fill ya boots!!!!

9) Then off to Sea (Ive a number you can txt to get on he guest list if you want it).

Not a bad route, a bit of double backing across busy roads whilst pissed but what the hell :(

My Central Station (ish) route

1. Coco V ( just opposite the church and along the lane)

2. Gotham ( cheap cocktails and trebles, on corner opposite Central Station)

3. O'Neills ( Irish bar directly opposite Central)

4. The lounge ( has a bogof button on there, along street and on the corner)

5. Head of Steam ( directly down the strret from The lounge, has good live bands n stuff on) or The Long Bar( around the corner from the Lounge) depending on what mood I am in.

6. Revolution ( vodka bar does some lush cocktails, over the road and along the street from the Long Bar)

7. Apartment ( only because I am a VIP member) just along the street from Revolution

8. Perdu ( posh bar but my mate is "head of security" and I get straight in)

9. Clubbing wise the Attic ( straight along the street nearly to the second set of traffic lights) if I can be bothered or the Lodge ( opposit Attic) if I can't :)

chase, casa, julies 2, buffalos, baja tends to be a favourite of visiting groups to newcastle.

Julis 2...pah....I spit on your Julies2....It is a poor poor substitute for the original!!!

* aahhh the memories....*

Tricky one...depends what they are into. There are several routes ( price-wise) to take. They could start at the Pitcher n Piano, across the road to the Waterline, alonf the street to the Slug n Lettuce, around the corner to Bar 38, over the road to Chase then across to the Quilted Camel/ Red House. They are then just a short hop over to the road to Sea (don't like it myself as it plays too much dancy main stream music).

Alternatively they could start at Lloyds bar ( right on the riverfront) and progress ina circuitous route, Jimmyz, Offshore, Quilted Camel, Red House, the dodgy one over the road ( can't remember it'sname) that plays loads of Abba and Grease n stuff, Barr 38, Chase then along to Sea or across the bridge to Baja.

Central Station would be a better area ( my preference) loads of decent bars but then you are stuck for clubs as they would probably either have to head up to the Gate for mood or end up in the Bigg Market for Blu Bambu :) ???

Digital comfortably the best club in Newcastle tbh

Digital comfortably the best club in Newcastle tbh

World Headquarters has that award i'm afraid.

Is that what used to be planet earth?

We used to go there at 16 cos it was t he only palce in newcastle that would let us in!

Planet Earth - fucking hell. I remember that place and went there for the same reason. It was shit.

Walkers and later Planet Earth was where I misspent most of my youth :) Used to go to Saturdays (next door) first then in. Nowadays I reckon from swan house roundabout to the central is the best area. The quayside is the new big market and the big market now needs to be bombed.

The Bigg Market needs something seriously doing with it. Redevelopment, a charver ban or something. It's just pleb city.

Don't tempt them man. Shut down the Bigg Market for any length of time and you'll get the troglodytes wandering into other parts of toon and polluting what canny bars there are.

Keep them isolated in their ghetto. and we all know where to avoid.