Worst job you've ever had.....

Monster

My current job is the only one I've ever had !

Although I've had some shit work to do during that time:

Repairing a submersible pump in the efluent plant.

Running in cables under an office block in a duct area about 18" high.

Repairing a steam pipe in a roof space above an industrial fryer operating at 200c.

Repairing potato slurry pumps.

Replacing industrial light bulbs in a coldstore at -40c.

I remember a terrible story a few years back when a bloke was put on a conveyor belt to mend an industrial oven or something at a bakery. Trouble was they hadn't realised it took 24 hours to cool down and he was burnt to a crisp. Nothing anyone could do once he was in except listen to his screams and anticipate what would be left of him when he came out the other side.

Yep, I heard that one too, I think you'll find he wasn't alone, I think a pair of them were inside.

I once worked with an old boy who only had fingers on one hand, he had them sliced off by a carrot slicing machine, the fluorescent lights made it look as if the blades were stationary, when he stuck his hand in and took his fingers clean off at the knuckle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current one I am at in the moment.

Working for Morrisons, the job itself isnt that bad, have a good laugh with the people that work their. It's just the way that you are spoken to/treated, by the management of the warehouse. Idiots. It's just like being back in school the way we are treated.

I did two work experiences (one when I was 14, the other in 6th form) both at North Tyneside council. I learnt a lot, mainly how to do as little as possible without anyone realising.

Worked in Morrisons when I was 16, for about £2 an hour, serving the cooked food. Worst bit about the job was the customers (wankers quite a lot of them) and the management who'd treat you like absolute shite. I wouldn't say boo to a goose but walked out of that job with 3 verbal warnings and a written warning for telling the truth. Saying that, I used to dishwash most of the time there and quite liked it. Could listen to the radio and there were no fucking customers.