Co-Op

Noelie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Co-op round mine is getting shitter like, they also stopped selling fresh fruit and veg due to a lack of demand. :calmdown:

Plus, it's always, and I mean always, getting robbed at gunpoint.

Ahhh, the healthy folk of North Shields. Just shows what a bad diet can do to you though - they would never have turned to armed robbery if they were getting their 5-a-day.

You two will argue about ANYTHING. It's great. :calmdown:

I'm waiting to see what position Renton's taking on that before responding.

Gemmill's "contribution" to our discussion speaks volumes tbh.

Aye it shows you what a plonker you are actually discussing the merits of dividing a day into 24 hours, an hour into 60 minutes and a minute into 60 seconds. Just shut up about it. :calmdown:

You two will argue about ANYTHING. It's great. :calmdown:

I'm waiting to see what position Renton's taking on that before responding.

Gemmill's "contribution" to our discussion speaks volumes tbh.

No it doesn't! :calmdown:

Aye it shows you what a plonker you are actually discussing the merits of dividing a day into 24 hours, an hour into 60 minutes and a minute into 60 seconds. Just shut up about it. :lol:

You're no doubt a direct decendent of the court of King Henry VIII.

VIII: "Bring in Master Robinson!"

Gemmill: <_< WHEEEEEEEEE!

Tudors: :calmdown: :calmdown: ;):D<_<

VIII: ROFFLE.

I suppose was there always someone mincing around in a jester suit when people were discussing things. :blush:

Aye it shows you what a plonker you are actually discussing the merits of dividing a day into 24 hours, an hour into 60 minutes and a minute into 60 seconds. Just shut up about it. :lol:

You're no doubt a direct decendent of the court of King Henry VIII.

VIII: "Bring in Master Robinson!"

Gemmill: :blush: WHEEEEEEEEE!

Tudors: :calmdown: :calmdown: ;):D<_<

VIII: ROFFLE.

I suppose was there always someone mincing around in a jester suit when people were discussing things. :lol:

<_<

:lol:

You left because you prefer California to the UK, that is fair enough.

But what I find interesting is the State you have chosen is probably as far away as you could get from the UK in terms of how we live. You might not take kindly to the "British identity" being destroyed, whatever that means,

but now you choose to live and pay your taxes elsewhere you have no stake in Britain as far as I am concerned.

Believe it or not though, most people (younger ones at least) believe in progression and the loss of imperial units or a black passport, or even the Co-op, is of little concern really.

My dear Mr.Renton, you have obviously gone completely bananas and should weigh-up the idea of seeking help from someone familiar with the woes of your pedantic affliction. :calmdown:

1: I did not leave because I prefer California to the UK; I left to live in a place that had a lot more sunshine. FACT.

2: It's true I live and pay taxes elsewhere BUT, I receive a small OAP from the British government which is automatically deposited into my Barclays savings account at the Coatsworth Road, Gateshead branch. Taxes are automatically taken out of interest earned which would refute your ass inine remark that I have no stake in Britain as far as YOU are concerned. FACT.

3: As for 'British identity' I'm not surprised you don't understand what I mean, methinks thou wouldst prefer to be called European rather than British. Attitude such as yours lost us the Empire. :calmdown:

So you're pro-Empire, are you, Noelie?

"I did not leave because I prefer California to the UK; I left to live in a place that had a lot more sunshine."

If you move because you prefer the weather haven't you moved to a place you prefer, on balance? I did the same thing, and I think I prefer where I live now, again on balance.

You left because you prefer California to the UK, that is fair enough.

But what I find interesting is the State you have chosen is probably as far away as you could get from the UK in terms of how we live. You might not take kindly to the "British identity" being destroyed, whatever that means,

but now you choose to live and pay your taxes elsewhere you have no stake in Britain as far as I am concerned.

Believe it or not though, most people (younger ones at least) believe in progression and the loss of imperial units or a black passport, or even the Co-op, is of little concern really.

My dear Mr.Renton, you have obviously gone completely bananas and should weigh-up the idea of seeking help from someone familiar with the woes of your pedantic affliction. :calmdown:

1: I did not leave because I prefer California to the UK; I left to live in a place that had a lot more sunshine. FACT.

2: It's true I live and pay taxes elsewhere BUT, I receive a small OAP from the British government which is automatically deposited into my Barclays savings account at the Coatsworth Road, Gateshead branch. Taxes are automatically taken out of interest earned which would refute your ass inine remark that I have no stake in Britain as far as YOU are concerned. FACT.

3: As for 'British identity' I'm not surprised you don't understand what I mean, methinks thou wouldst prefer to be called European rather than British. Attitude such as yours lost us the Empire. :calmdown:

I regard myself as British and European, I see no contradiction or conflict of interest between the two, quite the reverse in fact. You're right though, I couldn't give a stuff about the British Empire, but then I'm not all that bothered about archaic things as I prefer to live in the modern world. Despite this, I'm more British than you though, as I actually live here.

I'm glad you like sunny California, I fancy moving to hotter climes myself (although personally I think I'd go to Italy or France), but to me this means you don't really care about the UK as much as you make out, so it's a bit pointless for you to wax lyrical about old Blighty and mourn the passing of the Empire, old money, old measurements and the Co-op on New Gate street, don't you think?

What the fucks going on in here?

I think banana related trivia and facts will lighten the mood.

3 medium size bananas weigh approximately 1 pound.

A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers.

As bananas ripen, the starch in the fruit turns to sugar. Therefore, the riper the banana the sweeter it will taste.

Banana plants are the largest plants on earth without a woody stem. They are actually giant herbs of the same family as lilies, orchids and palms.

Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.

Bananas are America's #1 fruit.

Bananas are available all year-round. They are harvested every day of the year.

Bananas are great for athletic and fitness activity because they replenish necessary carbohydrates, glycogen and body fluids burned during exercise.

Bananas are not grown commercially in the continental United States. They are grown in Latin and South America from countries like Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Honduras, Panama and Guatemala.

Bananas are one of the few fruits that ripen best off the plant. If left on the plant, the fruit splits open and the pulp has a "cottony" texture and flavor. Even in tropical growing areas, bananas for domestic consumption are cut green and stored in moist shady places to ripen slowly.

Bananas are perennial crops that are grown and harvested year-round. The banana plant does not grow from a seed but rather from a rhizome or bulb. Each fleshy bulb will sprout new shoots year after year.

Bananas have no fat, cholesterol or sodium.

So you're pro-Empire, are you, Noelie? Wheyayeman!

"I did not leave because I prefer California to the UK; I left to live in a place that had a lot more sunshine."

If you move because you prefer the weather haven't you moved to a place you prefer, on balance? I did the same thing, and I think I prefer where I live now, again on balance.

On balance no Obagol, had I not experienced sunny climates in far away places and become a sun-worshipper I doubt very much that I would have left England as there was no other pull. In actual fact if the Tyneside had been blessed with California weather I would not have left.

I can't honestly say that I prefer California except for the weather, there are so many things I miss but the pull now is family. My children and grandchildren are American born, I left a family behind once before and don't think I could do it again even though my love of good weather has faded along with my tan.