If Roeder left tomorrow..

Scottish Mag

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..either through resignation or having been sacked, which realistic manager would you like to see next take on the role of trying to sort out this mess of a team we have.

I honestly think Shearer is the best we can realistically hope for, and he is one hell of a risk, and may not be interested. No proven decent manager will touch us with a bargepole now.

Shit. Just had a thought - what if we get Bruce? :o

Loaded question SM because regardless of whoever is manager, with Shepherd as chairman they will always be undermined when it comes to transfer dealings and that must be obvious to the players - so why would they listen to the puppet when they know it's the clown who makes the decisions.

Maybe the fat fucker could install himself as manager at least that way he can take full responsiblity for the effect his actions have on the team.

Scolari by the way. He's available and would command the respect of the players.

Shearer's job if he wants it like. It's a big 'if' though imo.

I don't think he'll take it. He must know how piss poorly the club is run and that he'll have to jump whenever Freddy says. I really don't think he'd come in and take that sort of shit.

He's a lercal legend ye knaa!

Edited by Ted Maul

Having said that, Shearer would stand up to Shepherd and wouldn't take any shit. We can only guess as to whether he'd be any good as a manager though.

I have a horrid feeling that our next manager will be given the trophy signing of Beckham in January.

Fans unhappy, superstar on the bench abroad, 'fantastic' relationship with Real, Goal 2, pies, pastries. It has FFS written all over it.

I have a horrid feeling that our next manager will be given the trophy signing of Beckham in January.

Fans unhappy, superstar on the bench abroad, 'fantastic' relationship with Real, Goal 2, pies, pastries. It has FFS written all over it.

Divn't, man. You're scaring me.

The other scary prospect is that if Roeder does go, who would take over in the interim?

The likes of McDermott, Clark or Pearson managing us (albeit on a temporary basis) is scaring the fuck out of me!

Shearer & Beardsley dream team anyone? :o

Shearer - Scolari Combo would be good.

Probably Gonna be Local Lad ''Geordee din yer knaaa' Lee 'NUFC ' clark

:o

Scolari's contracted till 2008.

I think Shepherds gotta go if/when Roeder resigns/is sacked. This was the last gamble really after he messed up badly with Souness. Shepherd thinks he's in a presidential role not as a chairman and wants to be in the limelight too much. Time now for him to go and let someone else take over

Only then may we see a change in NUFCs fortune