Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New cricket supporters are annoying me intensely

It's not just on this forum either (although if some of you realised how clueless your comments sound then you would hang your head in embarassment).

Women at work telling me how well 'Freddie' played.

Individuals phoning up Talksport/Radio 5 saying they would rather England won 'The Ashes' than win the World Cup in Germany.

First timers paying grossly inflated prices for tickets on Ebay and then posting on BA forums asking where the 'army will be sitting'.

People asking why Ashley Giles is the 'King of Spain' and not realising they've missed the joke.

Loud mouthed buffoons saying that Geraint should be dropped in favour in Read when they wouldn't recognise CR if he kicked them in the bollocks.

ANYONE who says 'Cricket is the new football' - It's NOT - It's the original cricket.

Phone callers on the blower to Nottinghamshire CCC and Surrey CCC asking if they could buy tickets for the next match and being surprised when they find out it was sold-out at Xmas.

The theory that cricket now has mass appeal to the working classes which needs to be encouraged particularly amongst the ethnic minorities - First class cricket will always be elitist and long may that continue.

Viewers who chuckle at Billy Bowdens boundary signals even though it's the ninth time it's been witnessed that day.

Sad bastards picking up England shirts in Asda and saying 'I'm going to get that for my holiday' - Have you no pride in your appearance.

There are many more that could be mentioned but I am consoled by the fact that after September 12th, cricket can return to those who are knowledgeable about the game and have had an interest for more than five minutes.

I am sure the handful of genuine enthusiasts on this site will be in agreement

It's not just on this forum either (although if some of you realised how clueless your comments sound then you would hang your head in embarassment).

Individuals phoning up Talksport/Radio 5 saying they would rather England won 'The Ashes' than win the World Cup in Germany.

First timers paying grossly inflated prices for tickets on Ebay and then posting on BA forums asking where the 'army will be sitting'.

People asking why Ashley Giles is the 'King of Spain' and not realising they've missed the joke.

Loud mouthed buffoons saying that Geraint should be dropped in favour in Read when they wouldn't recognise CR if he kicked them in the bollocks.

ANYONE who says 'Cricket is the new football' - It's NOT - It's the original cricket.

Phone callers on the blower to Nottinghamshire CCC and Surrey CCC asking if they could buy tickets for the next match and being surprised when they find out it was sold-out at Xmas.

The theory that cricket now has mass appeal to the working classes which needs to be encouraged particularly amongst the ethnic minorities - First class cricket will always be elitist and long may that continue.

Viewers who chuckle at Billy Bowdens boundary signals even though it's the ninth time it's been witnessed that day.

Sad bastards picking up England shirts in Asda and saying 'I'm going to get that for my holiday' - Have you no pride in your appearance.

There are many more that could be mentioned but I am consoled by the fact that after September 12th, cricket can return to those who are knowledgeable about the game and have had an interest for more than five minutes.

20890[/snapback]

Here, here. Cricket is a game played by and watched by twats. In the same way as some twats watch wimbledon when Tiger Tim does alright, a few have jumped on the bandwagon for the ashes. The sooner it's over the better.

PS - Funniest sight of the day - a dad with his bairns playing cricket in the park. Bairn bowls, Dad bats it straight back into the nippers face. Sack of spuds. Champion.

I was at Wollaton park in Nottingham with many, many others watching the game - so tense in the last innings! Doesn't compare to watching England vs Portugal at Glastonbury though...on hallucinogenics.

Anyway, I'll tell you what infuriated me today: fucking moronic Soccer AM watching cunts who chanted that fucking "EEE-ZEH" chant after KP and Fred put on (literally) a few runs on, shortly before both of them were out. If we'd lost I'd have killed every one of the fuckers with my bare hands. Lucky for them we won.

Cricket is played with a small red ball, it lasts five days, and the players are not overpaid egotistical wankers. It is not football, so don't fucking act like it is.

Johnny I see where you're coming from but the extra interest can only be good for us. However I'm not stupid enough to think this will last - look at how everyone was tossing off over rugby in 2003 and look who gives a shit now.

If even a tenth of the people following the Ashes remotely gives a shite about how we're doing in India this winter I'll fly over there, strip naked and wave my cock in Tendulkar's face while he's taking guard.

Anyway...Steve, Woodgate27, Wellsy.....your boys took one helluva beating!!!!

:blink::) :) :blush::) :) :):(:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was at Wollaton park in Nottingham with many, many others watching the game - so tense in the last innings! Doesn't compare to watching England vs Portugal at Glastonbury though...on hallucinogenics.

Anyway, I'll tell you what infuriated me today: fucking moronic Soccer AM watching cunts who chanted that fucking "EEE-ZEH" chant after KP and Fred put on (literally) a few runs on, shortly before both of them were out. If we'd lost I'd have killed every one of the fuckers with my bare hands. Lucky for them we won.

Cricket is played with a small red ball, it lasts five days, and the players are not overpaid egotistical wankers. It is not football, so don't fucking act like it is.

Johnny I see where you're coming from but the extra interest can only be good for us. However I'm not stupid enough to think this will last - look at how everyone was tossing off over rugby in 2003 and look who gives a shit now.

If even a tenth of the people following the Ashes remotely gives a shite about how we're doing in India this winter I'll fly over there, strip naked and wave my cock in Tendulkar's face while he's taking guard.

Anyway...Steve, Woodgate27, Wellsy.....your boys took one helluva beating!!!!

:) :) :blush::) :) :):(:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20962[/snapback]

:blink:

20890[/snapback]

Rough translation: "It's my game. I saw it first. :blink: "

20890[/snapback]

Spot on.

i dont mind "new cricket fans" as much, just bandwagon jumpers, who i would bet my bottom dollar wont watch any of the test series' this winter

20890[/snapback]

Spot on.

i dont mind "new cricket fans" as much, just bandwagon jumpers, who i would bet my bottom dollar wont watch any of the test series' this winter

21026[/snapback]

aye i totally agree with that like, haven't been able to play cricket now for the last 3 years which is a shame as really :blink:

20890[/snapback]

Spot on.

21026[/snapback]

aye i totally agree with that like, haven't been able to play cricket now for the last 3 years which is a shame as really :)

21028[/snapback]

Well i knocked 45 yesterday against blackhall :blink:, was fuming i didn't make my 50

20890[/snapback]

Spot on.

21026[/snapback]

aye i totally agree with that like, haven't been able to play cricket now for the last 3 years which is a shame as really :)

21028[/snapback]

Well i knocked 45 yesterday against blackhall :blink:, was fuming i didn't make my 50

21084[/snapback]

i used to play for Seaton meself mate

I think it's a bit ironic how everybody suddenly gets excited about cricket when in a year's time it won't be shown on terresterial tv.

But seriously though, I doubt many of them will really care or notice. And I think the tour this Winter may end up being a bit of an anti-climax, should England win the Ashes and follow it off with a poor performance.

As much of an achievement it is to beat Australia (and it is massive). You are only really considered a great team if you go to Australia & India and win.

As much of an achievement it is to beat Australia (and it is massive).  You are only really considered a great team if you go to Australia & India and win.

21630[/snapback]

I've heard people saying to be officially called the best team in the world we will have to go and beat the aussies in their country. But theres a problem with that, if we beat them now we still aren't "the best" under that rule. So if we go there and they win, we still aren't the best, but they can't be either as they only beat us at home and to be the best they have to beat us in England, it could go on forever!!!

Its only short term but the winner of this ashes series between the two best teams around is going to be rightly hailed as the best. Then ulitmately we need to be looking to go and beat them in their country to go down as an alltime great team in the sport.

Punter has cracked. Blaming defeat on substitute fielders and umpiring decisions.

Stone the flamin crows, stop crying mate. Dry your eyes you great gallah!

21639[/snapback]

What does he expect - he can't hit the ball to a substitute fielder and think "well he isn't a real player so I can get a run whenever he has the ball" - should have thought about running beforehand then.

And he apologises to people who see him as a role model. Well, I don't see him as a role-model but I still demand an apology. Absolute cheek, I am offended by his poor behaviour.

An example of the sad mackems found on RTG:

Don't know if anybody saw me behing the wicket wearing the stripes holding a sign saying "FTM" at the cricket yesterday.

Cracking match, great atmosphere. Had loads of Sunderland fans come up to me and say hello etc.

Best moment was at the end during the lap of honour.... Steve Harmison was walking past, shouted him, he turned around saw me waving and holding the FTM flag. His face was a picture.

They must be so proud! Whilst the nation is backign the england team and rejoicing in how great it is to watch, they are concerned with having a sad banner with fuck the mags on (at a cricket match FFS!) and showing it to one of Englands many heroes.

They really are an embrassement to footy fans sometimes!

An example of the sad mackems found on RTG:

Don't know if anybody saw me behing the wicket wearing the stripes holding a sign saying "FTM" at the cricket yesterday.

Cracking match, great atmosphere. Had loads of Sunderland fans come up to me and say hello etc.

Best moment was at the end during the lap of honour.... Steve Harmison was walking past, shouted him, he turned around saw me waving and holding the FTM flag. His face was a picture.

They must be so proud! Whilst the nation is backign the england team and rejoicing in how great it is to watch, they are concerned with having a sad banner with fuck the mags on (at a cricket match FFS!) and showing it to one of Englands many heroes.

They really are an embrassement to footy fans sometimes!

21686[/snapback]

It would have been funnier if Harmi pulled off his whites to reveal a SMB t-shirt underneath a la Lee Clark.