Can one of the nerds explain whats going on here?

Lazarus

Do this in your head only.

Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 . Now add 30.

Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000

Now add 10. What is the total?

Now do it on a calulator :lol:

Do this in your head only.

Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 . Now add 30.

Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000

Now add 10. What is the total?

Now do it on a calulator :lol:

Erm. :icon_lol:

I'm an accountant and I got it wrong three times and I've seen it before.

Fucking retarted today like!

Can't spell either. :lol: 4100 easily enough, but looking at it I can see where visually you'd make the error.

I'm an accountant and I got it wrong three times and I've seen it before.

Fucking retarted today like!

Jesus tonight! One's more than enough of them, one of you will have to go. Have you got red hair too? If you've not got red hair you can stay and Scott can sling his hook tbh.

Actually the hair thing is very prejudiced and I promised Scott I would stop banging on about it. Maybe it should be decided by who has attained the greater seniority in your profession? Scott is in charge of a small team (team leader) and insists on being referred to as 'Red Leader' like an X-Wing Fighter pilot.

Actually the hair thing is very prejudiced and I promised Scott I would stop banging on about it. Maybe it should be decided by who has attained the greater seniority in your profession? Scott is in charge of a small team (team leader) and insists on being referred to as 'Red Leader' like an X-Wing Fighter pilot.

Maverick, actually. :icon_lol:

4100 both times an'all. Laz is a simpleton. I like the way he thought it was a genuine mathematical mystery though, and sought confirmation of this from others. :lol:

Maverick, actually. :icon_lol:

4100 both times an'all. Laz is a simpleton. I like the way he thought it was a genuine mathematical mystery though, and sought confirmation of this from others. :lol:

It'll be one of those problems where a sizeable percentage of the population get it wrong in the same way, probably something to do with the way they "store" the numbers as they do the calculation. I believe the ancients called it the Mystery of Tiko.

Well I'm the second most senior accounts person where I work but I would be lying if I said that in any way suggests I've risen to any level of seniority :lol:

I can assure you that my pubes are most defintely not ginge though!

Right, seriously, what the fuck? :lol:

If you're seriously having trouble with this, go back and do the sum in two "sweeps", first sweep add up all the thousands, second sweep add up all the smaller values. If you're still having trouble after that, get help, quickly.

Edited by ObaGol

Ally is the lad that was caught out by that online card trick where the card you're thinking of magically disappears despite repeatedly having it explained to him how it works. There is no hope for him ever getting his head around this one.

Oi I do a History degree, not a Maths one. :lol:

Honestly keep getting 5000 unless I use a calculator, this is silly.

Ally, are you seriously telling me you did the two sweeps thing and got 5000? Congratulations on your history degree, like, I'm assuming you had some schooling before that? :icon_lol:

Fill this in please:

1000 + 1000 + 1000 + 1000 =

40 + 30 + 20 +10 =

If you still haven't got it after that, you're a danger to humanity, you'll go to open the fridge at the wrong point in space-time and the Universe will implode, or something similarly daft.