Cheap hotel(s) in Newcastle?

Zathras

Planning my honeymoon trip to Chicago and discovered that I can get to London for all of $900. Problem is then the accomodations for me and the wifey. Any suggestions of cheap places to stay?

TIA

London-wise, it depends on what level of comfort you're after. I know of a couple of hostels that are supposed to be perfectly acceptable - www.newcrossinn.co.uk and http://www.travelstay.com/pages/GeneratorHostel.htm - but if you're talking honeymoon type stuff, I imagine you'd want something a tad more upscale. Which is where (a) it gets expensive, and (:icon_lol: my knowledge runs out. These points are not unconnected. :lol:

There are a few decent hotels in Jesmond I've been so far. You can find something between 20-40 quid per person. In Gateshead I've been to the Bewick Hotel which was cheap and all right (the breakfast could need improvement though).

Depending on what is cheap for you, there is always the Royal Station which is central and sort of cheap. Might be not recommendable for a honeymoon. The only time I staid there the fire alarm when on about 100 times and I had the same amount of random girls knocking at the doors between 3-4 am...

Try this..

www.octopustravel.com

I've used them loads of times and they're pretty reasonable.

Why would you stay in a Hotel in Nyacastle Cath? Unless it's something to do with Cheggers. :lol:

Try this..

www.octopustravel.com

I've used them loads of times and they're pretty reasonable.

Why would you stay in a Hotel in Nyacastle Cath? Unless it's something to do with Cheggers. :icon_lol:

I just happened to chance upon Mr Chegwin at Malmaison :lol:

I've used them several times for London hotels and never had any bother.

The Holiday Inn Express in the the City centre is OK for Yanks (who tend to have higehr standards than Brits)

Lahndahn is a bugger to be honest - checkout Lonely Planet or try Expedia

For London, location is the most important aspect for a stay so i would highly recommend a 'serviced apartment'. You should be able to get a decent place to stay with good facilities in a part of london you want to stay in for less than £100 per night for both people. Just google 'serviced apartments london' and look for the area you want.

Did Zathras finally hit the jackpot then? I remember when he would be planning honeymoons for every lass he went out on a date with. :icon_lol:

Aye, I remember that. Seemed he'd go to any length to impress an all..rememeber that pic of him with his lass and her family in full traditional german dress? Wtf? :lol: Must have been love. Incidentally, is this the same lass?

As for hotels in Newcastle, the Malmaison is canny pricey and canny-not-up-to-much-really-if-you-ask-me.

Is The Vermont supposed to be any good? I've been to reception things there, but I've no idea what the rooms are like or anything.

Nope...give that one a miss, the rooms are minging

Is The Vermont supposed to be any good? I've been to reception things there, but I've no idea what the rooms are like or anything.

Christ, it must be bad..... :lol:

:icon_lol: I do have standards you know depite popular "assumed" opinion !!

:icon_lol: I do have standards you know depite popular "assumed" opinion !!

Just no culinary standards. :blush:

Christ, it must be bad..... :icon_lol:

:blush: I do have standards you know depite popular "assumed" opinion !!

Just no culinary standards. :nufc:

true...tonight I may have a chinese ..... :lol:

Did Zathras finally hit the jackpot then? I remember when he would be planning honeymoons for every lass he went out on a date with. :icon_lol:

Aye, I remember that. Seemed he'd go to any length to impress an all..rememeber that pic of him with his lass and her family in full traditional german dress? Wtf? :lol: Must have been love. Incidentally, is this the same lass?

As for hotels in Newcastle, the Malmaison is canny pricey and canny-not-up-to-much-really-if-you-ask-me.

Here I don't have to put up with this abuse! No way in hell I'll be bringin' the wife to meet you miserable bastards! I was going to suggest meeting up before the Watford match but you can just fugettabottit.

Actually, she vetoed the $900 + food and lodging budget. :blush:

Next time, I hope. Thanks for the advice though, folks. (NOT aimed at Gemmill)

P.S. yeah, it's the same girl, manc-mag.

Did Zathras finally hit the jackpot then? I remember when he would be planning honeymoons for every lass he went out on a date with. :lol:

Aye, I remember that. Seemed he'd go to any length to impress an all..rememeber that pic of him with his lass and her family in full traditional german dress? Wtf? :mellow: Must have been love. Incidentally, is this the same lass?

Here I don't have to put up with this abuse! No way in hell I'll be bringin' the wife to meet you miserable bastards! I was going to suggest meeting up before the Watford match but you can just fugettabottit.

Actually, she vetoed the $900 + food and lodging budget. :stars:

Next time, I hope. Thanks for the advice though, folks. (NOT aimed at Gemmill)

P.S. yeah, it's the same girl, manc-mag.

Good man so it is! Said it had to have been love! :(