car insurance

paddy

well peeps its that time of year again, does anyone have any recomendations for cheap insurance, websites etc

cheers me dears

btw palmero 0 toon 1 :mellow: CMON!!

tried confused and they came up with a company in ireland quoting half the best price i had already

that'll dingdangdo for me

Hips junior has just passed his test so I need to find this out anarl. Probably phone Monkton Milne (sp) in Monkseaton as they are usually on the ball with a good find.

when my son first passed his test he found Liverpool Victoria were about the cheapest for first time drivers. Now he uses Directline which were pretty good.

Quinn Direct have some unusual tactics to avoid or minimise the payment if you ever actually have to make a claim off them. Direct Line or Tesco are the best for customer service and use UK call centres. You might pay a couple of pounds more but it is worth it if you ever have to claim.

Quinn Direct have some unusual tactics to avoid or minimise the payment if you ever actually have to make a claim off them.

Can you elaborate on that?

probably the usual tricks

delay the paperwork, keep asking you for more and more paperwork, details etc, "writing to the other party", only use a garage THEY approve which is bloody miles from your home, come up with a really low valuation on your car............................................

Quinn Direct have some unusual tactics to avoid or minimise the payment if you ever actually have to make a claim off them.

Can you elaborate on that?

probably the usual tricks

delay the paperwork, keep asking you for more and more paperwork, details etc, "writing to the other party", only use a garage THEY approve which is bloody miles from your home, come up with a really low valuation on your car............................................

Those things along with trying to avoid paying completely by saying you have failed to fulfill conditions precedent of the policy e.g. you fitted a stereo which is a modification and haven't told them so they will void this , have changed occupation or address and not told them and while they are visiting you to tell you this putting pressure on you to sign a form saying you will take the matter no further and implying they will report you for fraud if you do. At the moment insurers can void policies if you fail to fulfill such a conditon but Quinn Direct have much more conditions than other companies. The government are currently looking at this kind of action and changing the regulations.

Edited by Super7

heard a new one this afternoon - young lass across the street ran into someone - £2000 damage to her poncy little Peugeot

She contacted her insureres and said she was ready to pay the £ 250 deductable to be told to look at the small print - it's £ 500 for people under 25.........................................

and that print is SMALL

Im with Quinn. I had an incident with some cunt last year. After nearly 11 months of waiting and contacts from my Quinn people, Quinn have finally closed the case and give me my no claims back etc.

During this time my renewall came up and I renewd with Quinn. My Insurance during thsi should have dropped £600 but It stayed high (first car) After 4 months of being told I wasnt liable etc I am still waiting for my refund. I phone up at least once a week screaming at the cunts now.

BUT if youre incident free then dont worry ;) Plus the Irish accent is rather nice <_<

tried confused and they came up with a company in ireland quoting half the best price i had already

I'm witcha bro :razz:

Been trying to get insurance for Hips jnr today. :icon_lol::icon_lol::o:icon_lol: As he's not 18 yet and it's his first car they (Tesco cheapest) wanted £1700-odd !!!!!!!!!!!!! All up front and no instalments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol:<_<:dancing::dancing::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sooooooooo, Quinn Direct, I think it is, in Ireland have quoted £1490 with instalments allowed. :dancing: Still a fucking big wedge, but better than all the rest.

Car insurance; stupid, just stupid.

Calm down, it's only an advert.

I'm witcha bro :razz:

Been trying to get insurance for Hips jnr today. :icon_lol::icon_lol::o:icon_lol: As he's not 18 yet and it's his first car they (Tesco cheapest) wanted £1700-odd !!!!!!!!!!!!! All up front and no instalments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol:<_<:dancing::dancing::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sooooooooo, Quinn Direct, I think it is, in Ireland have quoted £1490 with instalments allowed. :dancing: Still a fucking big wedge, but better than all the rest.

Car insurance; stupid, just stupid.

Calm down, it's only an advert.

Have you SEEN the accident stats?

He's guaranteed to bend the car within the first couple of years - with luck he won't get injured but the chances that the insurance people will have to pay out on a 17 yr old are very very high - I'm amazed they insure ANY of them TBH