***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

With the tour matches about to kick off soon I thought I may as well get this thread underway.

November

10 v Prime Minister's XI, Canberra

Play starts 9 November 2300 GMT

12-14 v New South Wales, Sydney

Play starts 0000 GMT

17-19 v South Australia, Adelaide

Play starts 0000 GMT

23-27 1st Test, Brisbane

Play starts 0000 GMT

December

1-5 2nd Test, Adelaide

Play starts 0030 GMT

8 v CA Chairman's XI, Lilac Hill

Play starts 0230 GMT

9-10 v Western Australia, Perth

Play starts 0230 GMT

14-18 3rd Test, Perth

Play starts 0230 GMT

26-30 4th Test, Melbourne

Play starts 2330 GMT (from 25 Dec)

January

2-6 5th Test, Sydney

Play starts 2330 GMT (from 1 Jan)

9 Twenty20 International, Sydney

Play starts 0830 GMT

Commonwealth Bank Series

12 ODI v Australia, Melbourne (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

16 ODI v New Zealand, Hobart

Play starts 2300 GMT (15 Jan)

19 ODI v Australia, Brisbane (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

23 ODI v New Zealand, Adelaide (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

26 ODI v Australia, Adelaide (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

30 ODI v New Zealand, Perth (d/n)

Play starts 0530 GMT

February

2 ODI v Australia, Sydney (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

6 ODI v New Zealand, Brisbane (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

9 1st final, Melbourne (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

11 2nd final, Sydney (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

13 3rd final (if needed), Brisbane (d/n)

Play starts 0315 GMT

Personally can't see us doing anything over there , the pressure on Flintoff is immense already and now in particular with his fitness still being a worry with Fletcher talking about the five bowlers. Then there's Tresco's mental instability, Ian Bell will no doubt fault under the pressure, Harmison will be poor despite the wickets being in his favour as he'll get home sick once again.

Although the Aussie's have said they are going to target Monty the wickets out there could suite his bowling down to the ground as he'll get that extra bit of bounce and rip on those hard Aussie wickets, good to have The King Of Spain back as well to produce some competition for places.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be nowhere near the standard of the last. Having said that it should still be good with all the hype surrounding us trying to finally win it back. I might have a ticket to one of the days at the Perth test with a friend of mine. She has tickets to all of the Ashes besides the Gabba one due to exams. She is a mentalist.

Least i wont have to stay up until stupid hours of the morning watching this series.

There is also a legends 20/20 match before the Perth test involving all former players and what not. That should be a good event.

I was going to start this glorious thread. :razz:

I don't have Sky Sports so unless I find a feed online, it'll be TMS and BBC highlights!

Seriously, I hope England do it, but I'm not overly confident.

Will be nowhere near the standard of the last. Having said that it should still be good with all the hype surrounding us trying to finally win it back. I might have a ticket to one of the days at the Perth test with a friend of mine. She has tickets to all of the Ashes besides the Gabba one due to exams. She is a mentalist.

Least i wont have to stay up until stupid hours of the morning watching this series.

There is also a legends 20/20 match before the Perth test involving all former players and what not. That should be a good event.

Any word on who's going to be playing in the legends match?

I'm hoping i'm wrong but i think the aussies will win it, ranging from close to a bit of a beating, but you never know.

The worry is we have lost Vaughan as captain and batsman who has done it before against the aussies. We've lost Jones who was a vital part of winning the ashes and ended up with the best bowling average for England, he'll be a big loss.

Throw in Flintoff's fitness and lack of matches/bowling which is a worry and Harmison's form and we have some problems.

Also the aussies are almost invincible at home, we gave them a kick up the arse and they want revenge, so it will take an almighty effort from England, but here's hoping they do it! If they manage a win or even a drawn series they deserve to be legends after winning the last one as well!

Ian Healy, Merv Hughes, Geoff Marsh, Graeme Wood, Greg Matthews and Kim Hughes for Australia

Mike Gatting, Alec Stewart, Robin Smith, Gladstone Small, Angus Fraser and Graeme Thorpe for England

Thats what i could find via the city of Perth website and the WACA website. Im thinking of going along to it if i have work off.

I'm hoping i'm wrong but i think the aussies will win it, ranging from close to a bit of a beating, but you never know.

The worry is we have lost Vaughan as captain and batsman who has done it before against the aussies. We've lost Jones who was a vital part of winning the ashes and ended up with the best bowling average for England, he'll be a big loss.

Throw in Flintoff's fitness and lack of matches/bowling which is a worry and Harmison's being fucking shit and we have some problems.

Fixed.

Throw in Flintoff's fitness and lack of matches/bowling which is a worry and Harmison being fucking shit and we have some problems.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Early days into the summer of cricket but Englands first up outing was a 166 run loss to the PM's XI. Jacques, Tait, Marsh, Cam White tore England apart. Mahmood the english version had the Brett Lee figures of 9 overs 1/97. The only English player to really trouble the scorers was Strauss (again) with 67.

How come Monty only got 3 overs? I want to see his left arm orthodox bowling ;)

Jones will be a massive loss but there is something on teletext this morning about Vaughan going out to oz to continue his rehab. Ff things go well for him he could make an appearance before the end of the series.

Should a fit Vaughan be an automatic choice for England though?

Jones will be a massive loss but there is something on teletext this morning about Vaughan going out to oz to continue his rehab. Ff things go well for him he could make an appearance before the end of the series.

Should a fit Vaughan be an automatic choice for England though?

Not according to David Graveney by the sounds of things.

Ian Healy, Merv Hughes, Geoff Marsh, Graeme Wood, Greg Matthews and Kim Hughes for Australia

Mike Gatting, Alec Stewart, Robin Smith, Gladstone Small, Angus Fraser and Graeme Thorpe for England

Thats what i could find via the city of Perth website and the WACA website. Im thinking of going along to it if i have work off.

;)

;)

You're in love with Gladstone Small?

Early days into the summer of cricket but Englands first up outing was a 166 run loss to the PM's XI. Jacques, Tait, Marsh, Cam White tore England apart. Mahmood the english version had the Brett Lee figures of 9 overs 1/97. The only English player to really trouble the scorers was Strauss (again) with 67.

How come Monty only got 3 overs? I want to see his left arm orthodox bowling ;)

Limited overs cricket is schoolboy cricket imo. Nothing more.

England may win one test match but I don't see us winning more tbh.

There are two hopes of Vaughan playing in a test match: Bob Hope and no fucking hope. To think otherwise is lunacy.

One problem England have is the wicket keeper. Geraint Jones is the better batsmen but wickets win matches and he makes too many mistakes imo. If he drops an easy chance with Gilchrist for example on 16, imagine the consequences.

Other problems are Flintoff's lack of bowling, Harmison's lack of control and concerns about the batting. All in all, too many problems throughout the team to cause Australia anything more than the odd hiccup.

One problem England have is the wicket keeper. Geraint Jones is the better batsmen but wickets win matches and he makes too many mistakes imo. If he drops an easy chance with Gilchrist for example on 16, imagine the consequences.

Geraint has been recalled apparently. Read was supposed to be better behind the stumps but not as good with the bat. However his recent work as a keeper has been no better than Jones so he can't really have any complaints.

Geraint has been recalled apparently. Read was supposed to be better behind the stumps but not as good with the bat. However his recent work as a keeper has been no better than Jones so he can't really have any complaints.

I think everyone in cricket rates Read as the better gloveman and since he got back into the test team his batting has been better than Jones had managed for ages. If they drop Read it will be completely wrong since he did everything they asked of him with regards to improving his batting.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Jones wasn't doing it with the bat either, he should be nowhere near the England team.

That's what i think. Jones was in on his batting despite being the weaker gloveman, then his batting steadilyl got worse and Read worked on his batting. Finally Read gets a chance, is steady with the gloves and does the job with the bat, if he gets dropped it will be a disgrace.