Why exactly was Sam sacked?

RlCO

Let's get this straight, this was a rushed decision which BSA was clearly unaware of, so it begs the question, what exactly happened to prompt this decision right now?

Ashley got fed up and snapped when confronting Sam over football style?

Mort/Ashley proposed some outside help for Sam and he took the huff?

Sam asked for Nolan?

A top class manager that would blow Ashleys socks off has give us the nod?

They were planning it all along and all press and club actions up to now were lies, damn lies?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Let's get this straight, this was a rushed decision which BSA was clearly unaware of, so it begs the question, what exactly happened to prompt this decision right now?

Sam asked for Nolan?

They were planning it all along and all press and club actions up to now were lies, damn lies?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Hopefully because they have someone else lined up (hopefully someone better - but just someone at least means this board are better than the last).

Hopefully NOT because Ashley got sick of fan moans being levelled at him (which would scarily put the new owner below FFS and co.).

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Because he was shit as well as all of the above.

You have to wonder if the Barton situation had something to do with this.

At Bolton, a lot of Allardyce's fuck ups were just pushed out to the back paddock so no-one would notice.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

At Bolton, a lot of Allardyce's fuck ups were just pushed out to the back paddock so no-one would notice.

I'm sorry Sam but 'because he was shit' doesn't cut it for me considering the circumstances, the statements, the initial backing and the recent transfers. I want a more accurate answer to be honest.

Could it be that Allardyce was told he wouldn't be given much money to spend, and went to Ashley to say "If you don't support me, you may as well sack me now rather than wait until the end of the season", which Ashley then did?

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

I'm sorry Sam but 'because he was shit' doesn't cut it for me considering the circumstances, the statements, the initial backing and the recent transfers. I want a more accurate answer to be honest.

Bit in bold and:

That and he was asking for money for Nolan and Diarra.

You can't tell me that even Ashley and Mort didn't notice that wasn't what we needed.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

He wasn't doing a very good job?

Could it be that Allardyce was told he wouldn't be given much money to spend, and went to Ashley to say "If you don't support me, you may as well sack me now rather than wait until the end of the season", which Ashley then did?

That's press guff, there was no set budget (in the normal definition of the word not Alex's), funds were to be agreed on a player by player basis, as targets were proposed by Sam. Unless of course as I've said up there, everything coming out of the club is never to be believed.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Bit in bold and:

That and he was asking for money for Nolan and Diarra.

You can't tell me that even Ashley and Mort didn't notice that wasn't what we needed.

Could they not have figured that would probably be his m.o. considering the wealth of example at Bolton? Why now? He has raved about Nolan for years, if they were surprised by that they want shooting.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

As opposed to getting sacked for doing well?

Could they not have figured that would probably be his m.o. considering the wealth of example at Bolton? Why now? He has raved about Nolan for years, if they were surprised by that they want shooting.

To be honest I think like a lot of fans they thought he probably deserved his chance and it was their job to give it to him, people change allegedly.

I also think whether the story rumour is true or not, they might of come to the realisation it wasn't working and that there are better managers out there and available.

So as the first response to your topic said, a bit of list a and a bit of list b and Nolan just broke the camel's back.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Which one do you think? Or do you want Mort & Ashley to type up a 1500 page dissertation which will be mailed to your address explaining in detail?

I can't remember the exact quote but I was quite impressed with it when Allardyce mentioned something about good managers being adaptable and being able to employ different tactics and formations etc. around the time he joined, implying he only did what he did at Bolton because of the financial constraints and so on. It would appear, even at this early stage, that he had no intention of deviating from his Bolton blueprint and that is what was particularly worrying for most fans imo. Going for Nolan, if he did want to do that, would have been the icing on the cake and the fans reaction, quite rightly, would have been one of outrage.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Which one do you think? Or do you want Mort & Ashley to type up a 1500 page dissertation which will be mailed to your address explaining in detail?

I want the truth Goddammit!

I would like it to be a pre-approved approach, my biggest fear is a snap decision at the wrong time of the season going against an apparent previously considered judgement that Sam was the man for them.

Guest Patrokles

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

You won't get it here, none of us know anything about it.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

I would like it to be a pre-approved approach, my biggest fear is a snap decision at the wrong time of the season going against an apparent previously considered judgement that Sam was the man for them.

Are you sure? The truth hurts :icon_lol:

I think performances over the Christmas period and the Barton affair had weakend his position but there must have been a final straw which I can only think can have come in terms of Allardyce's transfer targets being very different from the boards or a manager they really wanted given them the nod.

Hopefully it's a bit of both because if SA was coming to Mort saying I need £10m to spend on Nolan, Diarra and some no marks from the Portugese league instead of saying we need to get some creativity into the team, it should have sounded some alarm bells ringing with Mort and Ashley deciding that rather than wasting some money on Allardyce they can give it and a lot more to a new guy who they belive in and they are confident of getting.

Anal extract:

But Stoke City changed all that.

My counterpart in the Midlands told me he was in the Stoke boardroom after Saturday’s game, and when Allardyce appeared on the television saying how well United had done, the Mike Ashley contingent simply shook their heads

The best place to get accurate imformed definitive answers is on a message board.

imo

You'd be naive to think players/management don't check in from time to time, it's easier than setting up meetings in pubs or sitting in the stands. If a press release is forthcoming you know who to thank....

Anal extract:

But Stoke City changed all that.

My counterpart in the Midlands told me he was in the Stoke boardroom after Saturday’s game, and when Allardyce appeared on the television saying how well United had done, the Mike Ashley contingent simply shook their heads

If true it doesn't sit well with a few people's post match reactions to the stoke match on here. I stress if true as I can't believe Anal has an opposite number anywhere.

Sam asked for Nolan?

Something bung related?

Anything else?

Are you sure? The truth hurts :icon_lol:

You can't handle the truth [/big jack] (no radgi not that jack :razz: )