Its Party Time

Christmas Tree

So Mondays going to be the Big Day when promotion is finally sealed in front of a sell out, pissed up, Bank Holiday crowd.

The usual suspects are trying to play down promotion and see it pass as a damp squib of an affair, but I hope most of you are really going to embrace this historic occasion and party like theres no tomorrow.

This is on all accounts the fastest promotion in the clubs history with a few records broken along the way. This should give us confidence that while we may have lost a few players last year, the team spirit that replaced them has carried us through and we can look forward to the squad only improving next year.

I will be working all day Monday, then either glory hunting along to the ground for the big game (pud :icon_lol: ) or taking up front row seats at the boozer will several Kronenburgs.

It would be nice if the club did something to mark the occasion such as those cow horns or freebie scarfes for the bairns and I also hope the team and Hughton stay on the pitch at the end for a standing ovation.

Make no mistake, regardless what Leazes Mag will tell you, this is a great achievement to get straight back up and out of this league.

We all had to bear the heartache of relegation, so dont be afraid to party, party, party.

(To any toon ultras.....It would also be nice if Mike got a few cheers :D )

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mondays going to be the Big Day when promotion is finally sealed in front of a sell out, pissed up, Bank Holiday crowd.

The usual suspects are trying to play down promotion and see it pass as a damp squib of an affair, but I hope most of you are really going to embrace this historic occasion and party like theres no tomorrow.

This is on all accounts the fastest promotion in the clubs history with a few records broken along the way. This should give us confidence that while we may have lost a few players last year, the team spirit that replaced them has carried us through and we can look forward to the squad only improving next year.

I will be working all day Monday, then either glory hunting along to the ground for the big game (pud :icon_lol: ) or taking up front row seats at the boozer will several Kronenburgs.

It would be nice if the club did something to mark the occasion such as those cow horns or freebie scarfes for the bairns and I also hope the team and Hughton stay on the pitch at the end for a standing ovation.

Make no mistake, regardless what Leazes Mag will tell you, this is a great achievement to get straight back up and out of this league.

We all had to bear the heartache of relegation, so dont be afraid to party, party, party.

What league are we in again

You really expect the fans to thank FMA???

*shakes head in utter disbelief*

Why don't you get yourself along CT and start a "One Mike Ashley-there's only one Mike Ashley" song?

No? Thought not.

Muppet.

Promotion is a great thing, its great because we had to get it to survive, its not like the 80s when the 2nd division was our lot and to get promoted was the equivalent of having some top supermodel knock on your door, present you with a cheque for £10m and tell you she takes it up the wrong un.

This season for Newcastle it was the same as having a naked Susan Boyle knock and present you with the lifesaving cure for your illness.

We should all be happy on Monday when we seal that point and for the rest of the season rejoice in us taking the league but nobody should be crowing about it like we're the greatest club in the land. Next season means taking our place at the bottom of a pile, a pile thats way, way better than us in every conceivable way.

We're not the greatest club in the land, we're a football club made up of Championship players and a couple of Premiership quality ones. The Premiership ones however are about to either go to the World Cup and then no doubt be snapped up by "big clubs" who "turn their heads, and once a players head is turned theres nothing you can do to stop them" (© Derek Llambias 2009), locked up at her Majestys Pleasure or sold on to Everton to bring back some dressing room harmony.

This isnt 1993, its not the start of some amazing revolution where theres every chance of becoming the nations second favourite team. What we're doing this time is sneaking back in, its the equivalent of us managing to get that last minute equalizer at Villa, a last gap phew we've made it moment and we're not really going down. We'll sneak back into the League and hope nobody notices us, Mike gets to have some away days at nicer stadiums with a better buffet while real football chairmen, men who are in charge of the kind of turnovers Derek is can stand there and make idle chitter chatter with him about the weather, state of the economy etc and then laugh all evening about the naive spiv who hasnt got a clue but gave us another 3 points today.

Us fans however will get to see some proper teams play us, teams who we, as a football club always deserve to be in the same league as, not the sheer dross we've had as competition this season, thats when we'll find out just how big the gulf has become. It may not be pretty viewing.

I will be working all day Monday, then either glory hunting along to the ground for the big game (pud rolleyes.gif ) or taking up front row seats at the boozer will several Kronenburgs.

You may joke about it but frankly you're the worst kind of fan, yes we all have opinions and we're all entitled to them. Regardless of how you want to make out my replies to you, they are not because of your different opinion, theyre because frankly I dont see you as a fan.

You made big noises about how you'd never step foot in that ground again as long as Ashley was there then you stick by that principle by not attending games until this point. Whether you go on Monday or not is irrelevant, you know fine well that come the opening day and Man U roll into town you'll be there with the wife and bairn, cheering and shouting. Watching "proper football" not wasting your money on the likes of Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Preston, Derby, Watford... I could go on and name the other 16 teams but none of them would ignite the football sense like Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Hull.

The rest of us here have turned up for every game, we're not sooopafans, we're just fans and come Monday we'll be there cheering and rejoicing in the fact we've escaped this god foresaken league. Difference between us and you though is that we'd have been here Monday even if it was a relegation dogfight. You'd be sat here shouting about how we're all idiots and the only way to get rid of him is to boycott, if you'd had your way we wouldnt have been celebrating promotion on Monday but sitting in mid table mediocrity because make no mistake the fans who turned up need to take a good whack of the credit for this season.

That unbeaten home record would not have existed if on the 15th August the team had ran out to a half empty stadium.

Think i'll pass on the partying and wearing a daft cunt jester hat if you don't mind. And if you really believe the rest then you're beyond help.

You might start attending the odd game at this rate.

Now Alex I remember quite well you talking about being able to cancel your 3 year deal if you hadn't paid in advance!!!!!

I however, was paying by direct debit and managed to cancel.

I don't claim to be a sooopafan, I've had many a season ticket over the years and only came back for the Special K dream.

I'm quite happy to going back to picking when i want and can afford to go.

But your right, I might be their on Monday

Why don't you get yourself along CT and start a "One Mike Ashley-there's only one Mike Ashley" song?

No? Thought not.

Might just do that.

No? Thought not.

Might just do that.

Aye right-o.

Just remember, casualty is now at the General, not the RVI.

Cow horns? fucking hell.

I'm glad we're getting out of this shite league, I might even go up to newcastle a couple hours early before the match , thats as much as i'll be "celebrating"

Edited by Marko

Pud, another depressingly gloomy soopafan post.

All you see before you is doom and gloom. It just might not turn out as bad as you WANT everyone to believe.

The main problem you have is that most fans have moved on, we've thoroughly enjoyed winning again even if it's in a poorer league.

Where you see doom and gloom I see an owner who will either sell or not want to repeat mistakes do will invest. I see an energetic young manager who let's the results do the talking. I see a great team spirit and a team of old pros and young'uns playing for each other which while it may not be good enough to get us into Europe, is good enough to build on for next season.

You are my worst kind of fan.... Moan, moan moan and piss on any little improvements that take place.

Smile kidda.

pisses me off thats its probably going to be a near sell out on monday, ive paid to sit and watch all the shite thats came up to play us this year and support the team and soon as promotion is nearly upon us all these fans start coming out the woodwork and actually attending matches.

Doesnt go down well with me

Any1 willing to cheer ashley needs shooting, not only has he humiliated the fans repeatedly and admitted lying to us but he also cost us our premier league place he can fuck off for me and anyone who says differently hasnt got a clue or isnt a proper supported of nufc..Appologies for my old-style stevie'eqsue post

Edited by JaMoUsE

Pud, another depressingly gloomy soopafan post.

All you see before you is doom and gloom. It just might not turn out as bad as you WANT everyone to believe.

The main problem you have is that most fans have moved on, we've thoroughly enjoyed winning again even if it's in a poorer league.

Where you see doom and gloom I see an owner who will either sell or not want to repeat mistakes do will invest. I see an energetic young manager who let's the results do the talking. I see a great team spirit and a team of old pros and young'uns playing for each other which while it may not be good enough to get us into Europe, is good enough to build on for next season.

You are my worst kind of fan.... Moan, moan moan and piss on any little improvements that take place.

Smile kidda.

I previously thought you were a harmless WUM.

This post shows otherwise.

How you dare critisize anyone when you have shown yourself to be a fair weather fan astounds me.

Sunderland have plenty spare tickets next season, off you go.

Guest Barrack Road

I heard that someone tried to nut him yesterday. If true I support this course of action more than giving him any cheers. His mistakes have cost us a year in oblivion, and you expect us to cheer him? His lies have caused deep rooted rifts through the support which will take more than an inevitable promotion to heal.

I heard that someone tried to nut him yesterday. If true I support this course of action more than giving him any cheers. His mistakes have cost us a year in oblivion, and you expect us to cheer him? His lies have caused deep rooted rifts through the support which will take more than an inevitable promotion to heal.

I guessed that would be the response on here tbh, I just have this crazy hope that he really does want to make amends and lay foundations to make us a proper top 6 club.

We all know there are few Billionaires out there and lots of dodgy consortiums and therefore it would be ideal if this worked out.

I know we are not going to go down the Leazes wishlist of investment anytime soon, but if sensible sums were given to Hughton and other actions were taken to lay the right foundations, could you ever see yourself letting Bygones be bygones ?

Got a long way to go before most fans will be comfortable with him.

Right now I appreciate the stability but this coming season is going to be massive not just for the club but for Ashley, presuming he doesn't sell regardless of the increase in the club's value. I'm not expecting a great deal and if he doesn't support Hughton this summer then he's learned little.

I've relieved we're going up first time around. But I'm hardly going to be dancing in the street. It's a bit like someone knicking your car and them giving you it back. You dont slap them on the back, shake their hand and say thank you?

I've relieved we're going up first time around. But I'm hardly going to be dancing in the street. It's a bit like someone knicking your car and them giving you it back. You dont slap them on the back, shake their hand and say thank you?

It's like someone kicking your car, repairing it, tuning it up so it runs better and paying off your car finance.

:D