Return of the Breakfast thread

Jimbo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just eaten for the first time today, so I suppose you could call it my breakfast.

BLT with fried haloumi. Mmmmm.

2673[/snapback]

What is haloumi, what does it taste like, what is the texture like and should I try it?

This morning 'twas rye bread toasties with tomato, mozzarella and basil.

2726[/snapback]

I've never thought of having anything like that before. Is it a German thing? Is it nice?

I just had a cup of coffee (con leche, sin azucar), a glace of OJ (Tesco finest - mmm) and a bowl of Coco Pops with milk.

I've just eaten for the first time today, so I suppose you could call it my breakfast.

BLT with fried haloumi. Mmmmm.

2673[/snapback]

What is haloumi, what does it taste like, what is the texture like and should I try it?

2729[/snapback]

It's a kind of cheese. Yes, you should try it.

I've never thought of having anything like that before. Is it a German thing? Is it nice?

2730[/snapback]

I suppose the rye bread is quite a German thing, but the tomato/mozzarella combination is pseudo-Italian if anything. And yeah it's nice, though mozzarella can be pretty bland, hence the basil (a dash of pepper and a drizzle of olive oil don't hurt either).

2730[/snapback]

I suppose the rye bread is quite a German thing, but the tomato/mozzarella combination is pseudo-Italian if anything. And yeah it's nice, though mozzarella can be pretty bland, hence the basil (a dash of pepper and a drizzle of olive oil don't hurt either).

2735[/snapback]

When you say toasties, is that done in a toastie machine or under the grill or by some other German method? Do you make sure the Mozzarella is melted or do you prefer it formed?

Today i had malted shreddies with hot milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar

2746[/snapback]

Hot milk on your cereal - never though tof that idea before. What made you think of such an idea, would you do it with coco-pops too?

When you say toasties, is that done in a toastie machine or under the grill or by some other German method? Do you make sure the Mozzarella is melted or do you prefer it formed?

2749[/snapback]

"Under the grill" and "melted to the point of being ever-so-slightly browned" respectively. </delia>

Today i had malted shreddies with hot milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar

2746[/snapback]

Hot milk on your cereal - never though tof that idea before. What made you think of such an idea, would you do it with coco-pops too?

2752[/snapback]

Ive had hot milk on cereal since i was a kid, is it an unusual thing then? :razz:

I wouldnt have hot milk on coco pops, no. Only certain cereals get the hot milk treatment! Shreddies, weetabix, sometimes cornflakes, shredded wheat, all yummy, but then i like my cereal soggy :blush:

A real treat is weetabix with hot milk and golden syrup drizzled over the top :angry:

Edited by Toonraider

2749[/snapback]

"Under the grill" and "melted to the point of being ever-so-slightly browned" respectively. </delia>

2754[/snapback]

Do you partake in that every day, or just on special occasions? What about tomorrow morning what will you have?

Do you partake in that every day, or just on special occasions? What about tomorrow morning what will you have?

2758[/snapback]

I rarely eat breakfast at all, to be honest. But if I do it'll generally be variations on that kind of theme.

Today its 2x toasted crumpets with flora and marmite on and a cup of coffee with 2x chocolate malted milk :razz:

Well!! im always starving after working a night shift!

Edited by Toonraider

I work to early to have breakfast. I normally manage to hold out till lunch time. Where i then big out. we have a really nice orange and choc chip muffin. :razz: