New Wembley Pics

Kid Dynamite

It should have been built in the Midlands, somewhere where everyone could get to it, and where they could start afresh to avoid all the infrastructure problems.

Wembley Park is served by two tube stations and has 5 platforms - it has the capacity to bring in thousands very quickly.

I think I'm also right in saying that it has the best transport links than any other stadium in London. Whether it should have been built in the midlands or whatnot is a different debate, but for me, the national stadium should be in the capital of the country.

It should have been built in the Midlands, somewhere where everyone could get to it, and where they could start afresh to avoid all the infrastructure problems.

Wembley Park is served by two tube stations and has 5 platforms - it has the capacity to bring in thousands very quickly.

I think I'm also right in saying that it has the best transport links than any other stadium in London. Whether it should have been built in the midlands or whatnot is a different debate, but for me, the national stadium should be in the capital of the country.

It will be interesting to see if good old Brit organisation/crowd control can make efficient use of the capacity available, I have my doubts.

I don't buy this argument that it should be in the Midlands. London is the capital city whether you like it or not, and the national stadium should be there.

It is a trek to get there from up here, but thats just one of those things. Would France put their national stadium in Lyon just so that the fans in Marseille could get to it easier?

I don't buy this argument that it should be in the Midlands. London is the capital city whether you like it or not, and the national stadium should be there.

Why exactly? Its a national stadium, ie. one for the whole nation not the residents of the capital city, so logically it should be located in the fairest place for the entire population of the country that it can viably be built in.

Theres also the fact that its cost more to build it there than Germany spent sorting out ALL of their stadiums for the world cup, which is a disgrace and one which tax payers (from around the country) will be paying for.

And finally the fact that from now on any teams (and their fans) from the north east/west who get to FA cup semis and finals have to travel the length of the country whilst any cockney team just roll out of bed and walk down the road. And why, because they've pissed away so much money on insisting it had to be built there in London that they want to get their money back, so fuck any fans from up here being inconvinienced and having to spend a load more money as long as its in London everythings fine.

Theres also the fact that its cost more to build it there than Germany spent sorting out ALL of their stadiums for the world cup, which is a disgrace and one which tax payers (from around the country) will be paying for.

How do the tax payers pay for Wembley? ;)

I've seen it (at the old Wemberly) somewhat struggle with a division 3 play off final numbers, if that's the best transport infrastructure we can manage in the UK, well I dispair tbh.

Imagine if they'd build the NEC in London and how much worse to get to that would have been, they could have had the same stadium for 1/2 the price anywhere but London.

The government pays for the stadium and they take money from us in taxes and any other ways they have of getting money from the public.

The government pays for the stadium and they take money from us in taxes and any other ways they have of getting money from the public.

The FA are paying for the stadium - they got a loan from some Gorman bank iirc ????

Unless I'm missing your point, Papa??

The FA are paying for the stadium - they got a loan from some Gorman bank iirc ????

Unless I'm missing your point, Papa??

I'll be honest, i'll be amazed if some tax payers money isn't being used or won't be to bale people out later down the line, but if its not then i was wrong in that aspect of my issue with it being in London.

But the FA or whoever it is, are getting their money back from fans around the country by making us all go their (if we're inclined) for every England game, when they should play around the whole country (which most of the players and manager have been vocal in their preference of) and making fans of all clubs in cup semis and finals go there.

Looks decent.

Dressing rooms look shite like...

Its smart but overall was a fuck up.

I hate all this corporate crap,

People should protest.....

(burn the villages ect)

Looks decent.

(burn the villages ect)

Come the revolution, and I march on London, I expect you to be alongside me T-K.

Looks decent.

(burn the villages ect)

Come the revolution, and I march on London, I expect you to be alongside me T-K.

Ok

il bring a stick,

two sticks!!

'This machine kills corporate types and/or facists (if we see any)

I don't see how building it outside of London wouldn't have been cheaper, easier or more convenient for the end user. Plus, they could have kept some of the old place for posterity, or generated funds by flogging the land.

Edited by nufc4ever