Home Newcastle

micktoon

Well tomorrows the day, for the first time in eight months I'll be touching down on Geordie soil again. Home for four days taking in the Celta vigo game and maybe a few light beverages. Personally cant wait to smell that Geordie air again, only those who now live away from Newcastle can understand this, it does smell sweet i know the sarcy fuckers out there will have something to say about that but believe you me at 9.30 tomorrow night I'll be taking a few deep lung fulls of it.

It's amazing how when you live in Newcastle you take it for granted, for me it is the best city in the world and THE only place I'll ever call home despite the fact that I'll probably never live there again.

Win, lose or draw I couldn't give a fuck (obviously victory would be nice) I can't wait to get to the temple on the hill again. If we lose the locals over here in Denmark will be giving it the usual, "all that way and they didn't win, what a waste of cash". however what people fail to see, for me anyway, its not about the result it's about being there again, something you really appreciate when spending so much time away from The Toon.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Altogether now " I'm coming home Newcastle......

;):lol::):unsure::woosh::scratchchin:

Know exactly what you mean mate, I was out in Germany for several years (and now live in the even more foreign environment of South London) and you just can't beat the feeling you get when you're back on home soil. Mind, I'm not sure about the air bit. :lol:

Hope you have a cracking time. ;)

................................................................................. the best city in the world and THE only place I'll ever call home despite the fact that I'll probably never live there again.

My sentiments entirely although I think of Gateshead as 'Home'.

Altogether now " I'm coming home Newcastle......

I'd kiss the ground for the welcome sound of me mother saying "Hinny haway"

See, that's the problem I have with that song, my mother's more likely to say "Volvo IKEA smörgåsbord pickled herring, ja?"

Or gibber a little then fall asleep on the sofa after another session at Wetherspoons with her vodkaholic Finnish friend Kristina.

See, that's the problem I have with that song, my mother's more likely to say "Volvo IKEA smörgåsbord pickled herring, ja?"

Or gibber a little then fall asleep on the sofa after another session at Wetherspoons with her vodkaholic Finnish friend Kristina.

;)

Yeah, it's always nice to come home if you're living abroad or something. Not sure about the smell of the air though - are you sure it's not just the bracing, take-your-breath-away cold you're talking about?

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. ;)

I'm REALLY not looking forward to tomorrow night at SJP. First really cold UEFA game on the way I reckon.

Yeah, it's always nice to come home if you're living abroad or something. Not sure about the smell of the air though - are you sure it's not just the bracing, take-your-breath-away cold you're talking about?

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. :)

I'm REALLY not looking forward to tomorrow night at SJP. First really cold UEFA game on the way I reckon.

man up ffs yer big hom ;):lol:

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. :unsure:

Sit in an empty Level 7 with icy winds whipping round and then tell me to man up when you thaw out, nancy boy! :)

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. :lol:

The Toon is positively tropical compared to the Danish winter, every year I have two neck lumps for a few months.

Anyhoo off to the airport in an hour, can't fucking wait. ;)

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. :unsure:

Sit in an empty Level 7 with icy winds whipping round and then tell me to man up when you thaw out, nancy boy! :)

Cant remember if it was Zurich or Roma we played, but I sat in SJH L7 before the roof was put on in the middle of winter. Now THAT was cold.

there's nowt better than getting the train home from london for christmas. coming over the tyne, clocking the bridges and st james gets the hairs on the back of the neck going every time.

I hate that by the way, and it's here now. When you come out of work or out the house or whatever and a cold gust hits you and you can't even breathe for a second or so. ;)

man up ffs yer big hom :D:lol:

Sit in an empty Level 7 with icy winds whipping round and then tell me to man up when you thaw out, nancy boy! :o

Instead of complaining you could sneakily wear a 2nd t-shirt. Nee gloves mind only Meenzer's allowed to wear them.