Cheating Scum

Fordy

RONALDO: 'REFS TOO LENIENT'

Posted 14/12/06 09:39EmailPrintSave

Ronaldo believes Premiership referees should hand out harsher punishments to defenders for fouling flair players.

The Manchester United winger believes referees in England are too lenient towards tough-tackling defenders and should 'protect' attacking players more.

"If it's a free-kick, the referee should give a free-kick. But here referees choose to ignore fouls a lot of the time," says Ronaldo in the new Opus book.

"I think the referees here favour the defenders quite a bit because they get to tackle a lot without getting a yellow card.

"It's difficult for a defender in England to get sent off by collecting two yellow cards - it's very rare it happens.

"I think the referees should protect the attackers more. Not only me, not only wingers, but strikers as well.

"If it's a dirty tackle or harsh tackle, the ref should give a yellow card right away without warning. But they don't. Defenders are often told 'Next time it's a booking'."

Ronaldo says there's a more physical 'mentality' in English football, meaning that there are few English flair players.

"In Portugal, football is quite different. People want to play football but here it's more physical," he says.

"People can tackle you hard if you try to play football. There are some English players who are very technical - but you don't have many.

"The football is different here, with a different mentality. And it's not just the players who have grown up with it but the referees too."

________________________________________________________________________________

What so everyone can dive even more than they already do cheating dirtbag

Edited by Fordy

"Flair" players <_< what a fucking hypocrit.

I hate people with that mentality. "Oh, why don't you go play Rugby then" "this is football, it's about passing, and doing fancy dribbling" no, it isn't.

If you want to be a trickster and ball hogging idiot then that's fair enough, but you can't have it both ways, you have to expect that people are going to want to break you.

Surely if you were a defender reading that, you would go out of your way to clatter the little twat the next time you played him. I can't understand how he hasn't had harsher treatment tbh. He sets out to make full backs look foolish (for me he goes beyond the odd shimmy or whatever, and actually takes the piss) and yet he very rarely gets the Andy Griffin - ball, man, the lot - treatment from anyone when he's flying down the wing. Him and Robben would both be on my hitlist if I was a footballer.

He sets out to make full backs look foolish (for me he goes beyond the odd shimmy or whatever, and actually takes the piss)

Exactly these "flair players" "tricksters" whatever go out of their way, not to only get passed their direct opponent but to embarrass him in the process.

I remember Rooney giving Cristine a nice lunging tackle at knee level when Everton played at Old Trafford a few years because Ronaldo was simply taking the piss.

There should be more yellow cards handed out for Shakespearian death scenes/diving IMO (or at least acting classes given to the likes of little Bambi, so he doesn’t look quite so slapped 3 year old mixed Laurey and Hardy slapstick <_< when he’s looking to convince the ref he’s just been beaten to within an inch of his life).

In fact tbh in both the excessive diving and overly strong tackling issues the “sin bin” concept would be a good idea, allowing refs to be more firm, without ruining the match directly.

maybe i'm over reacting but a decent flair player (ronaldinho) doesn't go down like a $2 hooker when an opposing full back farts near him. spottyboy from united does as does robben.

my cure woud be simple. each time they dive the opposition is allowed a free kick at the player (as in kick them in the shin/ nuts/face) until they learn.

There should be more yellow cards handed out for Shakespearian death scenes/ diving IMO (or at least acting classes given to the likes of little Bambi, so he doesn’t look quite so slapped 3 year old mixed Laurey and Hardy slapstick <_< when he’s looking to convince the ref he’s just been beaten to within an inch of his life).

In fact tbh in both the excessive diving and overly strong tackling issues the “sin bin” concept would be a good idea, allowing refs to be more firm, without ruining the match directly.

:lol:

I think nasty fouls (like the Pedersen one on Emre for example) are worse than diving, although I can't stand blatant cheating either. There's a difference between going down easily when your being fouled to diving when no contact is made though. The former is clever play imo whereas the latter should always result in a booking.

No need to Ronaldo a scumbag though, I'd love to have him at Newcastle.

Meh he's like Bellamy, decent footballer, but broadly a waste of oxygen as a human being. But he'd definatly be more dangerous if he stood up more (in fact I think his form has got better over the seasons as he has gone down less).

I'd love to see him take part in just ONE rugby match though, the pure entertainment value of watching him screaming and rolling around the field would get its TV rights snapped up by SKY. <_<

He would have to become instantly squeeky clean in the diving department though for me, Or i'd be too embarrassed to have him at the club... kind of a moot point anyway.

<_<

He would have to become instantly squeeky clean in the diving department though for me, Or i'd be too embarrassed to have him at the club... kind of a moot point anyway.

<_<

Das rite bro! I don't want success at all costs, I'd much rather stick to a healthy diet of quiet integrity and failure :lol:

Surely if you were a defender reading that, you would go out of your way to clatter the little twat the next time you played him. I can't understand how he hasn't had harsher treatment tbh. He sets out to make full backs look foolish (for me he goes beyond the odd shimmy or whatever, and actually takes the piss) and yet he very rarely gets the Andy Griffin - ball, man, the lot - treatment from anyone when he's flying down the wing. Him and Robben would both be on my hitlist if I was a footballer.

I think it was a game against Fulham a few years ago when Griffin tackled Boa Morte pretty much above the waist <_< Great stuff. Don't even think he got a yellow either IIRC.

Edited by Ted Maul

maybe i'm over reacting but a decent flair player (ronaldinho) doesn't go down like a $2 hooker when an opposing full back farts near him. spottyboy from united does as does robben.

my cure woud be simple. each time they dive the opposition is allowed a free kick at the player (as in kick them in the shin/ nuts/face) until they learn.

Ronaldinho dives just as much as the rest of them tbh, his halo has long since slipped.

I think it was a game against Fulham a few years ago when Griffin tackled Boa Morte pretty much above the waist <_< Great stuff. Don't even think he got a yellow either IIRC.

He nearly killed Beckham as well iirc.

He nearly killed Beckham as well iirc.

Did he not do exactly the same to Ginola too?

Animal. :lol:

Griffin was the Lad that drove his Porche into a metro near to Kingston Park wasn't he?

Trying to tackle a train... fucking double hard bastard iyam

I think it was a game against Fulham a few years ago when Griffin tackled Boa Morte pretty much above the waist :lol: Great stuff. Don't even think he got a yellow either IIRC.

Nah he got his marching orders for that one. <_<

Griffin was the Lad that drove his Porche into a metro near to Kingston Park wasn't he?

Trying to tackle a train... fucking double hard bastard iyam

<_< Aye