Things you'd like to do/Places you'd like to go

Glasgow Mag

As it's New Year, I thought we could discuss things we've got a great desire to do, or places we'd love to go to.

Let's have 3 different categories:

(1)Within the UK

(2)Within Europe

(3)Anywhere in the world

It may well be that some forum members have lived out other forum members dreams - if so, maybe you could let us know if it was good for you.

I'll start:

(1) Within the UK

I've never been to Northern Ireland - would love to go. Would like to go around the rough parts of Belfast, see all the murals. Also think that the Giants Causeway would be worth a visit.

Also like to go to London for a spare weekend. Been a few times before, but always with a specific purpose in mind - either attending a meeting or visiting someone. Would like to buy an underground ticket and get off at random stops not on the traditional tourist map - e.g. Brixton, Brick Lane, Pimlico, Tooting and soak up the local atmosphere. Apparently you can smell spices in the air in these places.

(2) Within Europe

Venice ranks pretty highly - although I'm told it's extremely expensive.

Also like to go to Iceland and boil an egg in one of these underground hot springs.

(3) Rest of the World

Always wanted to go to Australia. Not sure I'll ever make it - I'm told you need at least 3 weeks to make it a worthwhile trip and I only really get 2 weeks of work at a time as a general rule. Would love to do the sights in Sydney, and Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth look amazing too. From watching a bit of the Ashes (this series and last), would really like to take in an Ashes test - the MCG looks like a wonderful stadium and the atmosphere seems wonderful.

For a long time I've wanted to take a trip to Argentina. Would like to see Buenos Aires and take in a Boca Juniors v River Plate derby match. Also eat the best steak in the world. Learn the Tango. Visit the waterfall separating Argentina from Brazil in the north, and visit the incredible glagiers in the south.

Finally San Francisco - itching to go. Looks like a beautiful city. So many sights to see, the food would be nice too I think. Also visit the nearby Napa Valley vineyards.

The furthest away from mhy lovely home in Kent I've been to is Rome, though I've been their twice. So naturally I'd like to go to lots of places. I hope by the end of my life I'd have visited all the exciting cities in the world, as unlikely as it may seem. Then there's all the other fantastic locations around the world anyone would want to go to, such as the Barrier Reef, Grand Canyon etc.

While not a huge ambition, I hope to go to more places in the UK too. I've been to Wales countless times so I've ended up feeling sorry for myself, but only been to Scotland once and never been to Northern Ireland, though I have been to Rep. Ireland.

As for Venice, I've been there and I'm sure it is expensive, but it's a lovely place nonetheless. Shame nowhere in this country can be bauilt on canals.

Edited by TheInspiration

'sighs' here we are again...im still wanting to get over my fear of flying and still wanting to see U2 live :razz:

Places I'd like to go....Prague, Dublin and Lapland. And a trip to Edinburgh being sorted out soon <_<

Hmm, in the UK.. dunno, Ive been around a fair bit of it, though naturally will be loads of stuff I aint seen yet. Maybe going up the highlands or over to Ireland to somewhere like Cork.

In Europe, I'd maybe like to see the less obvious places that Ive been to, perhaps somewhere like Romania. I would like to go up to trhe Fyords (sp?) though maybe on a cruise., take in things like the northern lights up past Trondheim and around the top of Finland.

In the world, Id still like to see Japan, New Zealand, Aus, NYC & Canada.

Within the UK, I hope to move to London when I finish my degree in Leeds, in a year and a half hopefully. I would also like to visit Scotland, as I was very young the last time I went there.

Within Europe I would like to visit one or more of the Scandinavian countries, perhaps Norway, see the fjords etc. Rome would also be on the list as I've only visited Italy on a day trip from France. I would love to give Berlin and Paris another go, and I'm looking forward to a trip to Munich in February.

I've only ever been outside of Europe once, to America in 1996, so the list is endless. Particularly prominent are India, which I hope to go to next summer, Japan, east Africa (Kenya, Tanzania) and the Seychelles. Reunion Island (the birth place of our much maligned former winger) seems pretty spectacular, and my friend who was also born there raves about it.

I'd love to go to every state in the US. If for some bizarre reason when i'm a bit older I win the lottery or get a massive cash injection, i'd sack off work and do it all at once by car. Would take ages, but I think it'd be great.

I'd love to go to every state in the US. If for some bizarre reason when i'm a bit older I win the lottery or get a massive cash injection, i'd sack off work and do it all at once by car. Would take ages, but I think it'd be great.

Just wondering, would you rather do it by yourself or with a mate? I've always thought it'd be quite fun doing it by yourself.. though would get very lonely I imagine

Just wondering, would you rather do it by yourself or with a mate? I've always thought it'd be quite fun doing it by yourself.. though would get very lonely I imagine

I'd have no hesitation on going on my own but i'd probably rather go with someone just for the company. Would have to pick them carefully though as you'd be out there for ages, some of my mates would drive me mad if I spent that long with them <_<

UK, I fancy going to South West Coast of England, heard some nice things about it and it's pretty much the only place I haven't been that I'd fancy.

Europe, I'd love to go back to Italy, do as much of it as I can by road, so that I can really enjoy the beautiful countryside.

World.

well the US is still a favourite destination of mine, but I'd quite fancy Australia...

I guess it's a toss up between arrogant Ozzies and ignorant Yanks...

Within the UK, I hope to move to London when I finish my degree in Leeds, in a year and a half hopefully. I would also like to visit Scotland, as I was very young the last time I went there.

Within Europe I would like to visit one or more of the Scandinavian countries, perhaps Norway, see the fjords etc. Rome would also be on the list as I've only visited Italy on a day trip from France. I would love to give Berlin and Paris another go, and I'm looking forward to a trip to Munich in February.

I've only ever been outside of Europe once, to America in 1996, so the list is endless. Particularly prominent are India, which I hope to go to next summer, Japan, east Africa (Kenya, Tanzania) and the Seychelles. Reunion Island (the birth place of our much maligned former winger) seems pretty spectacular, and my friend who was also born there raves about it.

I'd have to say Rome's a bit of a dump myself, but there's some great attractions there.

UK, I fancy going to South West Coast of England, heard some nice things about it and it's pretty much the only place I haven't been that I'd fancy.

I'd give Plymouth a miss. It's a dump.

MKancm,ag

holy crap that's the best typo ever... :icon_lol:

couldn't delete it :lol:

ok, manc mag posted a picture of a beach/cove/bay thing on the south coast which looked beautiful. That's more my kind of thing, not the towns on the coast.

(1)Within the UK

Id like to play leeds festival but only one site. So do Leeds and not reading and spend the rest of the weekend staying at the leeds festival site getting pissed. Or play both via means of helipcopter. A hand Sir Les? :lol:

(2)Within Europe

I like France but id probably like to go around the old war sites in and outside Germany.

(3)Anywhere in the world

Probably have to be Memphis...

I'd give Plymouth a miss. It's a dump.

No one goes to Plymouth for enjoyment and recreation!

Good shout anyway Mr Fish, there are some truely beautiful places down this way :lol: