Night shift

Thompers

Well after 8 months of working in my current job, being the bosses pet I've always avoided the nightshift much to the annoyance of my colleagues. However, this week I didn't dodge the bullet.

Been up since 10am and am off to work in a bit, and I'm yawning just at the prospect of not being able to sleep till at least 7am.

Against fucking human rights I'm sure. It's just not normal. Any more of this and I might be forced into handing my notice in. :lol:

Edited by Thompers

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so!

3 days in a new job like that and i've walked away!after just being made redundant after 8 year's in same job at xmas aswell,if only employers would advertise properly the hour's & pay you would be recieving in greater detail,things would be fine.

I work nights often and used to work permanent nights, you need to make sure you have a good lay in or a snooze in the afternoon, if not you'll struggle, take some Pro-plus or Redbull.

Been laid in bed since 3 o clock and just couldn't sleep. I just want to be moved back to my beloved permenant day-shift :lol:

Best way,have no sleep on your first day looking ahead to nights,then you'll sleep like a baby is supposed to(minus the crying etc)

Been laid in bed since 3 o clock and just couldn't sleep. I just want to be moved back to my beloved permenant day-shift :lol:

Best way,have no sleep on your first day looking ahead to nights,then you'll sleep like a baby is supposed to(minus the crying etc)

Waking up every two hours screaming and soiling himself?

Are you getting unsociable hours pay? Time-and-a-third at least.

Nights are alright as long as you are doing them permanently and can get into a routine. Rotating Days, twilight and nights is a bastard though.

Aye I'm rotating unfortunately. I do get paid shift allowance but I'd rather just get the lower wage and do the good shift :lol:

Waking up every two hours screaming and soiling himself?

edited for ya kenny doctor

I dont like the look of that shift pattern. Makes me glad, that i get regular times for work throughout the week. Although the 7:30am starts are not good.

don't mind early starts if they mean early finishes.

When I worked at Longbenton, I started at 7.00am and knocked off at 4.30 mon-thursday so that I could shy off early on Fridays etyc.

flexi-time is the Bomb tbh.