Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

bullshit, you honeslty believe the MLS is like the champoinship. Total fucking bollocks

Read up people in the USA say that's it's Championship standard at best. :secret:

You just don't have a clue do you.

Interestingly Bobby Charlton seems to share the view that he could have fought back for an England place if that had been his goal, but that the USA move stop any likelihood of that:

Meanwhile, Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton believes Beckham's decision to ply his trade across the Atlantic has ended any chance of a return to the England team.

Beckham, who captained the side and won 94 caps, was dropped by new national team coach Steve McClaren after the 2006 World Cup.

"It is a bit of a shame. He has a lot still to give for England but I think that maybe could be the end of it," said Charlton.

Let me guess Bobby Charlton is just "jealous" of Beckham? :unsure:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bullshit, you honeslty believe the MLS is like the champoinship. Total fucking bollocks

Read up people in the USA say that's it's Championship standard at best. :unsure:

do they have a clue about football or not?? make your mind up daft lad

Ask them they posted in this very thread (and who said no American's knew anything about football? No one but you, but equally it is NOT a particularly well followed sport in the USA and as has been repeatly said their main league is still weak).

Although in fairness they wouldn't have to know much to know infinately more than you however... tbh I think I can see why you lust for Beckham so much, it's not imaging his thighs around you that makes your little heart beat faster (or at least not just), it's clearly his "towering intellect" that leaves you swooning as well. :unsure:

Ask them they posted in this very thread (and who said no American's knew anything about football? No one but you, but equally it is NOT a particularly well followed sport in the USA and as has been repeatly said their main league is still weak).

Although in fairness they wouldn't have to know much to know infinately more than you however... tbh I think I can see why you lust for Beckham so much, it's not imaging his thighs around you that makes your little heart beat faster (or at least not just), it's clearly his "towering intellect" that leaves you swooning as well. :unsure:

that's twice you've preferred to go off into some homo-erotic fantasy rather than provide a decent reply

I always knew this place was a bit quiet, I just didn't know it was that kind of forum :secret:

that's twice you've preferred to go off into some homo-erotic fantasy rather than provide a decent reply

I always knew this place was a bit quiet, I just didn't know it was that kind of forum :hump:

It's not my fault if you keep bringing such things up :secret:, I was just talking about Beckham and his decisions re: football vs. money, you were the one wittering on about feelings for Beckham :hump:.

And I don't think you've provided ONE decent reply, you've mostly just ignored the vast majority of the post proving you utterly wrong (repeatedly) and instead provided some trite 1 line reply on some obscure tangent.

I dunno maybe they should provide a forum for you to cyber with your Beckham fantasies? B)

I always knew this place was a bit quiet, I just didn't know it was that kind of forum :hump:

It's not my fault if you keep bringing such things up :secret:, I was just talking about Beckham and his decisions re: football vs. money, you were the one wittering on about feelings for Beckham :lol:.

And I don't think you've provided ONE decent reply, you've mostly just ignored the vast majority of the post proving you utterly wrong (repeatedly) and instead provided some trite 1 line reply on some obscure tangent.

I dunno maybe they should provide a forum for you to cyber with your Beckham fantasies? B)

hmmm, [not thinking he deserves the stick for moving = homoerotic fantasies about his thighs][/Fop]??

aye your right, you're the one with the decent posts around here :hump:

Interesting wrinkle, according to one of the better soccer journalisms in the US of A:

Is Beckham's contract with the Galaxy really worth the reported $250 million?

No, and it's not even close. Leiweke refused to discuss the details of Beckham's deal, but league sources confirmed that Beckham's guaranteed salary will be around $50 million over the entire five-year length of the contract. That's hardly chump change, but it's still less than the salaries of a lot of U.S. sports stars.

There is more to Beckham's deal than the guaranteed salary, however. Beckham will also earn 40-to-50 percent of Galaxy jersey sales and an undisclosed share of ticket revenues. And that's not all. "There are certain aspects of the deal that are ultimately about the upside value of the league as a whole that David can participate in," says Leiweke. "Our partners all had to sign off, and they did. We had a couple of interesting board calls, but they did."

Long story short: Beckham may or may not earn $250 million over the next five years, but the majority of his income will continue to derive from endorsements and not from the Galaxy or MLS. From my perspective, it's a shame that the phrase "$250 million contract" became gospel in the media, because it's terribly misleading and just not correct.

In any case, Leiweke feels confident about the agreement. "This is an economic deal that makes sense for everybody," he says, and as long as Beckham doesn't suffer a serious injury or become a total bust on the field, I'm inclined to believe he'll be worth the investment.

On telly this morning, they were showing the houses that Posh has been looking round in LA. Canny fucking nice tbh.

Whore, married to a talentless scum past his best non-Beckenbauer money-grabbing rah rah rah tbh.

On telly this morning, they were showing the houses that Posh has been looking round in LA. Canny fucking nice tbh.

Whore, married to a talentless scum past his best non-Beckenbauer money-grabbing rah rah rah tbh.

:lol:

Meh. English people have never let facts get in the way of slagging people off.

Beckham has earned much more off the pitch than on the pitch for years, I thought everyone understood that the majority of his earnings re: the USA were not coming form his direct football, as I said T-shirt salesman (and razor etc. etc.).

Meh. English people have never let facts get in the way of slagging people off.

Beckham has earned much more off the pitch than on the pitch for years, I thought everyone understood that the majority of his earnings re: the USA were not coming form his direct football, as I said T-shirt salesman (and razor etc. etc.).

I think the point of the article is that $250m is still high based on all that

They seem to be making preparations for them.....

picturesfuckoffposhcd3.jpg

tbh one in six people in the US know who David Beckham is. One is twelve might know who 'Posh' is meant to be. We're not as obsessed with has-beens over here. :rolleyes:

We're not as obsessed with has-beens over here. :rolleyes:

Who's the governer of California again? :mellow:

The guy who was elected mere months after the premier of his last blockbuster, Terminator 3? :rolleyes:

Edited by Zathras

tbh one in six people in the US know who David Beckham is. One is twelve might know who 'Posh' is meant to be. We're not as obsessed with has-beens over here. :rolleyes:

Yeah ? no shit !

Pele, Beckenbauer, Best, Marsh, Alberto, Chinaglia.......

:rolleyes:

Yeah ? no shit !

Way to pull out those recent examples, Jimbo.

Yeah ? no shit !

Ok, give me some examples of non-american world class players that have chosen to play in the MLS at their peak ?

Yeah ? no shit !

Ok, give me some examples of non-american world class players that have chosen to play in the MLS at their peak ?

Fail to see the relevence.

Valderamma and Donadoni spring to mind, though. Both played in the league around age 27-28.

Yeah ? no shit !

Fail to see the relevence.

Valderamma and Donadoni spring to mind, though. Both played in the league around age 27-28.

Fuck me, two, I stand corrected.