Haysuse Cristo.......

Noelie

....... can understand why we haven't got someone onboard by now when I see activity all around in one way or another.

The transfer-window is open but are the board just window-shopping waiting for the end of month sales.

Surely the shopping around has already been done by the powers that be and without much haggling we should be seeing goods in the shopping-bag and on the way home. I hope it's not going to end in last minute panic buys like it has before and we end up with second-rate merchandise.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have no-one in and then get to the panic stage last week of January. Having said that though, if the club are holding on so they can use the money to invest in better players in the summer, then it might be worth just sitting. I don't believe a word in the press nowadays like, didn't Anal say yesterday we were going to be announcing the signing of a defender today?

Couple of rumours flying around this morning, most notibly of the loan deal from Inter. It does make you wonder though when we're going on about "no good player available", "no one wants to sell in the Jan window" etc etc, we hear of Fulham, Liverpool & West Ham etc buy or selling players that could argueably do a job for us.

I sometimes get the impression that GR wont go for a player if he doesnt think he has a chance of getting them.

Perhaps its just me getting sucked in by all his tranfer negativity, maybe he's being coy on purpose. Or perhapse he is trying to avoid the critisism thrown at him after the last window.

Couple of rumours flying around this morning, most notibly of the loan deal from Inter. It does make you wonder though when we're going on about "no good player available", "no one wants to sell in the Jan window" etc etc, we hear of Fulham, Liverpool & West Ham etc buy or selling players that could argueably do a job for us.

I sometimes get the impression that GR wont go for a player if he doesnt think he has a chance of getting them.

Perhaps its just me getting sucked in by all his tranfer negativity, maybe he's being coy on purpose. Or perhapse he is trying to avoid the critisism thrown at him after the last window.

I have got to say I slagged him off for Martins and SIb but they seem to be performing quite well now. Apart from penalties obviously.

If we can't get players who are going to walk into the first team I think we should look at loan deals tbh.

Feck me I could walk into the first team at the moment :razz:

Its right though, we dont want to sign just anyone and in that respect a loan deal could be a good idea. But in the past, loan deals into NUFC havent gone that well for whatever reason.

people need to get over this 'transfers = success' mentality

someone find that article that came out about total worth of last summers transfers, or there was another about relatice success of clubs versus business done in the summer

imho, churning players in and out is as good a policy as changing manager every season

people need to get over this 'transfers = success' mentality

someone find that article that came out about total worth of last summers transfers, or there was another about relatice success of clubs versus business done in the summer

imho, churning players in and out is as good a policy as changing manager every season

I agree in principle. We're short of bodies though and we were before all the injuries.

Not worried really.

I was fully prepared for a barren spell before a final week or so of frantic bartering, it's the way of the world now-a-days. I understand why people put off for as long as possble, prices will drop, agents will get desperate and managers will try to piggyback bids from clubs in a more precarious position than there own.

See, that is something I totally fail to understand. The very slow process of transfer planning and dealing in English football.

Here in Germany most teams that needed to be active in the transfer market, already secured deals, some even in December and even though there is a break until the end of January. Clubs like Bayern are even finalising their deals for the next season at the moment.

Is the concept of efficiency really that difficult?

See, that is something I totally fail to understand. The very slow process of transfer planning and dealing in English football.

Here in Germany most teams that needed to be active in the transfer market, already secured deals, some even in December and even though there is a break until the end of January. Clubs like Bayern are even finalising their deals for the next season at the moment.

I agree completely, comes down to that word again "planning". <_<

Agree. it does seem a tad bizarre that we always find ourselves in a mad rush on deadline day, every single time it comes around.

What I find even more frustrating is, as was said earlier on in this thread, there does seem to be activity going on elsewhere - players who would/could do a grand job for us in areas where we are currently weak...Konchesky, Harewood? Both players who could be of some use (at the RIGHT price). <_<