Emre makes quit threat

Scottish Mag

Emre Belozoglu has claimed he will quit English football if he is banned by the Football Association for using racist language.

The Turkish midfielder has been charged by The FA with 'using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words'.

The charge arises from Newcastle United's 3-0 defeat to Everton on 30th December and stemmed from an incident when Emre appeared to wave an imaginary card at Leon Osman.

He vehemently denies the accusations and has threatened to leave the Premiership, if he is suspended by The FA.

"I didn't say anything, but I am being painted as a bad boy," Emre is quoted in the News of the World.

"If I get a ban, I will quit England. I will walk away.

"I'm not the kind of person I am being made out to be. I can't even speak English that well.

"I have never had any problems like this with another player in any game and I would never make a racist comment about anyone."

Emre has an ally in Glenn Roeder, with the Newcastle manager insisting he would not stand for any signs of racism from his players.

Roeder said: "It has really upset Emre. We have black players in the team and in the squad, and we are all together, we are all the same.

"I would not tolerate anyone who showed any sign of any racism."

Emre Belozoglu has claimed he will quit English football if he is banned by the Football Association for using racist language.

The Turkish midfielder has been charged by The FA with 'using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words'.

The charge arises from Newcastle United's 3-0 defeat to Everton on 30th December and stemmed from an incident when Emre appeared to wave an imaginary card at Leon Osman.

He vehemently denies the accusations and has threatened to leave the Premiership, if he is suspended by The FA.

"I didn't say anything, but I am being painted as a bad boy," Emre is quoted in the News of the World.

"If I get a ban, I will quit England. I will walk away.

"I'm not the kind of person I am being made out to be. I can't even speak English that well.

"I have never had any problems like this with another player in any game and I would never make a racist comment about anyone."

Emre has an ally in Glenn Roeder, with the Newcastle manager insisting he would not stand for any signs of racism from his players.

Roeder said: "It has really upset Emre. We have black players in the team and in the squad, and we are all together, we are all the same.

"I would not tolerate anyone who showed any sign of any racism."

He's innocent. Incinsistencies are appearing in the witness reports already I read somewhere.

Edited by Parky

He's innocent. Incinsistencies are appearing in the witness reports already I read somewhere.

This?

And sources in London have suggested there are inconsistencies in the evidence given to the FA by Everton's Tim Howard and Joleon Lescott which could prove decisive in Newcastle midfielder Emre's bid to beat the charge of racist abuse against him.

This?

And sources in London have suggested there are inconsistencies in the evidence given to the FA by Everton's Tim Howard and Joleon Lescott which could prove decisive in Newcastle midfielder Emre's bid to beat the charge of racist abuse against him.

Yup.

This?

Yup.

Knowing the consistency of news stories from the Sunday Sun this only means that Emre will be found guilty.

This?

Yup.

Knowing the consistency of news stories from the Sunday Sun this only means that Emre will be found guilty.

I read it in the Guardian.

He's still innocent tbh.

They haven't got enough to really do him legally speaking. If the ref had heard it then it would be a different story. Yobo himself says he heard nothing iirc.

The other thing is under English Law this kind of thing is still very difficult to prove and if Emre did take on the FA in a civil actiton with the full backing of the club he would win.

They just don't have enough to avoid counter litigation.

Yes I am a pretend lawyer. ;)

He's still innocent tbh.

They haven't got enough to really do him legally speaking. If the ref had heard it then it would be a different story. Yobo himself says he heard nothing iirc.

The other thing is under English Law this kind of thing is still very difficult to prove and if Emre did take on the FA in a civil actiton with the full backing of the club he would win.

Yes I am a pretend lawyer. :unsure:

If he is found innocent Emre should sue those scummie Everton Kling-ons for deformation of character.

If he's guilty, I want him out. But if he's innocent, as he obviously feels, then the Everton players should feel ashamed. Personally, I feel he's innocent the more and more I hear about this. I mean, what 25/26 (I forgotten which) says "I didn't say anything, but I am being painted as a bad boy"... I mean I know you're short Emre, but you're a man now... :unsure:

Tim Howard suffers from a neurolgical disorder that makes him say and do things he doesn't want to or necessarily believe. I think his evidence should be inadmissible tbh.

Pretty ignorant comment, tbh. I know it's in jest but Howard has done a lot of work to raise awareness of the reality of what Tourettes is like (i.e. not like you're describing).

Tim Howard suffers from a neurolgical disorder that makes him say and do things he doesn't want to or necessarily believe. I think his evidence should be inadmissible tbh.

Pretty ignorant comment, tbh. I know it's in jest but Howard has done a lot of work to raise awareness of the reality of what Tourettes is like (i.e. not like you're describing).

:unsure:

Aye,just like that Martin from Shameless!

Pretty ignorant comment tbh, there was a documentary this week that showed HF described it perfectly. And there was another one earlier this year as well. :unsure:

I take it you're taking the piss as much as I was.

He's still innocent tbh.

Yes I am a pretend lawyer. :secret:

If he is found innocent Emre should sue those scummie Everton Kling-ons for deformation of character.

He's still innocent tbh.

Thats only funny if you look up the definition of how I spelt it.

Deformation - The act or process of deforming.

The condition of being deformed.

An alteration of form for the worse.

Physics.

An alteration of shape, as by pressure or stress.

The shape that results from such an alteration.

Its not that funny that I only got a D in GCSE English though and whilst I was typing that couldn`t be bothered with a spell checker or dictionary.

I have found out its spelt defamation now.

He's still innocent tbh.

Thats only funny if you look up the definition of how I spelt it.

Deformation - The act or process of deforming.

The condition of being deformed.

An alteration of form for the worse.

Physics.

An alteration of shape, as by pressure or stress.

The shape that results from such an alteration.

Its not that funny that I only got a D in GCSE English though and whilst I was typing that couldn`t be bothered with a spell checker or dictionary.

I have found out its spelt defamation now.

I was laughing at the fact of your mis-spelling and the nature of your mis-spelling tbf.