Global Warming

wykikitoon

Well I have just spent a week in Sunny Courchervel. The first day it snowed all day and it was cold, v cold! The rest of the week it was boiling, well maybe not that hot but v hot compared to last season when I was there!

One evening I was speaking to a couple of locals and they said that the season is now shifting along and you can more or less write off Dec and the first week in Jan.

I was told about this book that has several top level scientists talking about global warming and that its a myth and the seasons are just chainging like they did many thousands of years ago. I would like to read this, anyone know about where it is?

I dont know myself, I am sure we (humans) have something to do with it, I try to recycle, walk, cycle etc when I can. What about you?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say it's something that does concern me, but my own feeling is the damage has been done and is irrepairable

I think a large chunk of damage has been done, but by doing things now we can surley slow down and possible repair some of it. Mother Nature (or Father if we are gonna be PC) is an amazing thing.

Have to say it's something that does concern me, but my own feeling is the damage has been done and is irrepairable

The daft thing is, the Greens etc. are written off as cranks when they're the sane ones. Meanwhile mainstream politicians etc., by burying their heads in the sand and pretending it will go away (which is about as childish as you can be about a problem) are the idiots.

The daft thing is, the Greens etc. are written off as cranks when they're the sane ones. Meanwhile mainstream politicians etc., by burying their heads in the sand and pretending it will go away (which is about as childish as you can be about a problem) are the idiots.

I think it's not so much they're burying their heads in the sands, more like the oil, gas, coal, car etc etc companies are enourmous and have a lot of influence.

Can't say I necessarily agree that Greens are the sane ones though, and they certainly have their own myopic agendas. They may be right about some aspects of global warming, but they are wrong on countless other issues. And they have no viable solutions. Their continued opposition to the nuclear industry makes them completely untenable imo. Some of the more intelligent members of Greenpeace have left because of this very issue in fact.

Well I have just spent a week in Sunny Courchervel. The first day it snowed all day and it was cold, v cold! The rest of the week it was boiling, well maybe not that hot but v hot compared to last season when I was there!

One evening I was speaking to a couple of locals and they said that the season is now shifting along and you can more or less write off Dec and the first week in Jan.

I was told about this book that has several top level scientists talking about global warming and that its a myth and the seasons are just chainging like they did many thousands of years ago. I would like to read this, anyone know about where it is?

I dont know myself, I am sure we (humans) have something to do with it, I try to recycle, walk, cycle etc when I can. What about you?

I went to Courchervel about this time of year a little while ago and it was bloody Baltic, especially if you went over the hill to Meribel, I've never been that cold before!! I'm not joking either, I was in serious pain it was so cold, my hands felt like they'd been burnt or scalded with boiling water. When the sun goes behind the mountains the temperature just drops away instantly, I don't think I'd go back there at this time of year.

Anyway, I reckon when people look back at the late 20th/early 21st century, the use of the term "Global Warming" will be seen as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of mankind!! It makes it easy for people to ignore or downplay the situation using the misconception that "it'd be quite nice if it was a bit warmer". It wouldn't!! Millions might die, large swathes of the planet might become uninhabitable, and the pressure on the areas that remain liveable would be immense - if you think immigration is an issue now, give it 20 years and then see what's happening!! Apart from that, there's so much more to "Climate Change" (a better term), just look at the storms and freak-weather we're having at the moment: tornadoes, floods, drought, etc, etc. Get ready for a shit-load more of that over the rest of our lifetimes.

That book you mention is probably written by some moron and was likely paid for by the oil companies and their allies, remember when the fag companies used to get "Scientists" to go into court and say that fags were good for you? Well, this is the same kind of bullshit.

Edited by indigo

Stayed in Meribel before. Went over into Meribel this year and it was all slsugh down near Le Chaudanne :razz:

The time before I went to Tignes, which was absolutely class. Not that expensive - unlike Courchervel - excellent facilities, although the snowpark's not as good as Meribel's, great snow cover, nice people - a lot less twats - and when we were there it was really warm. It had snowed continuously the week before so the conditions were perfect, but the week we were there it was crystal-clear, it was so hot that when we'd go for a pint at lunch we'd sit in deckchairs and sunbathe, I got really burnt like a twat on the first day. :lol: Half the time we'd just dump our jackets and go out wearing t-shirts, even if you stacked it and got covered in snow you'd dry pretty quickly. Best place I've been so far, definitely going back.

Stayed in Meribel before. Went over into Meribel this year and it was all slsugh down near Le Chaudanne :razz:

The time before I went to Tignes, which was absolutely class. Not that expensive - unlike Courchervel - excellent facilities, although the snowpark's not as good as Meribel's, great snow cover, nice people - a lot less twats - and when we were there it was really warm. It had snowed continuously the week before so the conditions were perfect, but the week we were there it was crystal-clear, it was so hot that when we'd go for a pint at lunch we'd sit in deckchairs and sunbathe, I got really burnt like a twat on the first day. :lol: Half the time we'd just dump our jackets and go out wearing t-shirts, even if you stacked it and got covered in snow you'd dry pretty quickly. Best place I've been so far, definitely going back.

Excellent news, heading there next month. I've heard the apres ski isn't up to much, what did you reckon?

It is serious and deffo not a myth. Top scientists are paid by mulit-nationals to create a doubt. Scum.

Excellent news, heading there next month. I've heard the apres ski isn't up to much, what did you reckon?

That's probably the reason I liked it really. It's more of a real place and it has proper bars and stuff, rather than touristy stuff, which isn't really what I'm into. For example we were based right up at the top of the valley (Tignes - Val Claret) and we got chatting to the bloke who owned the bar in sort of half English/half French - you know the usual bollocks about footy and stuff - anyway, he was a good bloke and at the end of the night when he booted all the tourists out us and a few locals had a lock-in and a load of free drinks. Also, the ski shop where I bought my board were dead friendly as well they let me use it for a day without paying for it in case I didn't like it and wanted to swap it for something else, it was also half the price I would have paid in the UK. :razz:

If you are looking for the "traditional" apres ski type stuff there's some of that as well, especially if you go over to Val D'Isere, which is full of Brits - if you like that kind of thing. :razz:

Edited by indigo

If you are looking for the "traditional" apres ski type stuff there's some of that as well, especially if you go over to Val D'Isere, which is full of Brits - if you like that kind of thing. :lol:

If by 'traditonal' you mean twats getting pissed by 9pm and acting the cock then no but as long as its better than Saalbach was last year, full of fucking foreigners it was! :razz:

Went to Tignes last March. The snow was awesome, had white outs on the pistes it was that mad! Tignes itself is a concrete shit hole! It was built in the earlier 70s I think.

The boozers are good though apart from the Chelsea wankers who were causing trouble in the boozer whilst we were playing them in the FA Cup match, but hey

The pistes are perfect for boarders and I shall definatley be going there again :lol:

It is serious and deffo not a myth. Top scientists are paid by mulit-nationals to create a doubt. Scum.

peer reviewed scum, numbnuts

Guest Patrokles

Are there any good books regrding this that I could read. Not too scientific either :lol:

Its something I have been interested in recently and I would like to know more.

I stumbled accross Tree Huggers whilst having a scan on the net :razz:

Just wait for N-O to come back properly then ask on GC over there. The majority there believe that they know everything about all major world/political events.

Are there any good books regrding this that I could read. Not too scientific either :razz:

Its something I have been interested in recently and I would like to know more.

I stumbled accross Tree Huggers whilst having a scan on the net :razz:

Just wait for N-O to come back properly then ask on GC over there. The majority there believe that they know everything about all major world/political events.

:lol::razz::razz:

Dont go on NO anymore, its shite :razz:

peer reviewed scum, numbnuts

I didn't say lie.