Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

A single ticket for Sunn o))) as nobody is willing to go with me.

The sage website says:

"NB: This performance will be extraordinarily loud"

:D

I know someone who's bang into them B)

I've only heard the one album. The latest one. And I've only been able to get through that a couple of times.

They're hilarious though, something that needs to be experienced live given the opportunity.

:wank::icon_lol:

<_<

FOOKIN 'ELL!!!

what tunings that guitar in??? Zb??

A, E, A, D, Gb, B

:angry:

Fucking hell :icon_lol:

I might have to try that!

Bought a PS3 yesterday with fifa10 and need for speed. Am rather excited about setting it up tonight!

Can somebody recommend a single player game for my next purchase?

Get the first uncharted for cheap as chips and then after you have finished that one get uncharted 2 that's just about to come out.

The new Monkey Island game for the Wii. It's a 5 episode game you buy through WiiWare @ 1000pts per episode.

Got ep1 on Sun for Mrs Paws and I. Seems canny so far although I think it's a little glitchy.

The Simpsons Season 10

The very definition of hit and miss tbh. All downhill from there on in.

I know the received wisdom is it went downhill after series 9 or 10...and I've not watched too many of them between those and season 21.

But it was the greatest show on earth for 10 seasons, so even if it's just one of the best shows around after that, then it's worth it.

I've already got season 11 though and have been watching it before sleep each night and it's still fucking hilarious.

Last night I watched the one where Bart's on Ritalin and the one where Homer watches Zorro then keeps challenging people to a duel.

Very funny.

Edited by Happy Face

The Simpsons Season 10

The very definition of hit and miss tbh. All downhill from there on in.

I know the received wisdom is it went downhill after series 9 or 10...and I've not watched too many of them between those and season 21.

But it was the greatest show on earth for 10 seasons, so even if it's just one of the best shows around after that, then it's worth it.

I've already got season 11 though and have been watching it before sleep each night and it's still fucking hilarious.

Last night I watched the one where Bart's on Ritalin and the one where Homer watches Zorro then keeps challenging people to a duel.

Very funny.

It's still got its moments like but I'd say Seasons 12-16 is when it's really in the mire. It's coming out of it now but it's still very spotty. Is Season 10/11 the one with tomacco? lol:

Is Season 10/11 the one with tomacco? lol:

Aye, that's the zorro one. Homer on the run from the southerner that accepted his offer of a duel :icon_lol:

Got so much good stuff in that episode. 'Glove Slap' song, "it tastes like grandma", Homer trying to sneak out of the house in the tree, Homer slapping his way through the Kwik-E-Mart, "Go get Lassie! I mean, Lisa"

Tickets for Decemberists

Damn you and your big city perks ;)

They have trains that come down here now and everything, you know? ;)

But aye, gigs and other artsy bollocks are one of the few things actually keeping me here. Plus the Decemberists evening in question is only just up the road from me so I don't even have to go into the centre for once. And they're playing two sets, one with the entire Hazards of Love album then one regular set. Not that I mean to rub it in or anything. :icon_lol:

Wtf is chad?

Och, you are the biggest cunt, KD! :( Chad is a north african country. Sheesh. :lol:

Yes I know it is, but I wasnt aware you could buy North African countries on ebay so assumed it was something new that kids were doing these days?

Just sold Chad on e-bay for £385. Wahey, profit. Discovered I couldn't fit it into the shed. Pity, like, as I would have loved to have had it as a retirement project.

Bought tickets to see Madness at the Academy in Dec with my profits.