Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Just sold Chad on e-bay for £385. Wahey, profit. Discovered I couldn't fit it into the shed. Pity, like, as I would have loved to have had it as a retirement project.

Bought tickets to see Madness at the Academy in Dec with my profits.

I've got a spare Guinea Bissau going cheap if you're interested?

Just sold Chad on e-bay for £385. Wahey, profit. Discovered I couldn't fit it into the shed. Pity, like, as I would have loved to have had it as a retirement project.

I've got a spare Guinea Bissau going cheap if you're interested?

:(

Got some too , will see you there :( . Just bought the Two and a Half men box set for the boyo for Xmas.

hope the plugs you're using are on the same circuit, my house has about 3 different ones so I can't use them

I got some similar ones but i live in a flat so all one floor and only two bedrooms so okay. :P

hope the plugs you're using are on the same circuit, my house has about 3 different ones so I can't use them

Pretty sure I am. Looking at the consumer unit, there's 1 fuse for the ring. The lights are split between upstairs and downstairs, but even if the ring is the same (i mean split between up and down), both rooms are downstairs so it shouldnt matter.

Apparently, the diff rings shouldn't matteranyway as it all links up through your consumer unit, at least thats what I read. :P I'll let you know once they've arrived

That Krautrock documentary was excellent. It's the sort of thing that BBC4 should do more of.

They do lots of that sort of thing already imho tbh tttt iyam iirc.

For example, this Friday...

In 1959, Ronnie Scott, a rising young saxophone player, opened a club where he and his friends could play the music they liked. Over the following years, the club had its ups and downs, reflecting the changes in attitudes to jazz, and in the social life of surrounding Soho.

Ronnie Scott's is now known across the world as the hearbeat of British jazz. In this tribute, Omnibus talks to some of Ronnie's greatest admirers, including movie director Mel Brooks, writer Alan Plater and the Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke, MP, and features rare archive footage of historic performances at the club by Zoot Sims, Sonny Rollins, Dizzy Gillespie and Ella Fitzgerald.

and

1959: The Year that Changed Jazz

Examines the 1959 albums of Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Charles Mingus and Ornette Coleman.

Next Thursday....

Documentary telling the story of what happened to blues music on its journey from the southern states of America to the heart of British pop and rock culture, providing an in-depth look at what this music really meant to a generation of kids desperate for an antidote to their experiences of living in post-war suburban Britain.

Narrated by Nigel Planer and structured in three parts, the first, Born Under a Bad Sign, focuses on the arrival of American blues in Britain in the late 50s and the first performances here by such legends as Muddy Waters, Sonnie Terry and Brownie McGhee.

Part two, Sittin' on Top of the World, charts the birth of the first British blues boom in the early 60s, spearheaded by the Rolling Stones and groups such as the Yardbirds, Manfred Mann, the Animals and the Pretty Things.

The final section, Crossroads, looks at the next, more hardcore British blues boom of the mid-to-late 60s, with guitarists Eric Clapton and Peter Green and the international dominance of their respective bands, Cream and Fleetwood Mac.

Featuring archive performances and interviews with Keith Richards, Paul Jones, Chris Dreja, Bill Wyman, Phil May, John Mayall, Jack Bruce, Mick Fleetwood, Ian Anderson, Tony McPhee, Mike Vernon, Tom McGuinness, Mick Abrahams, Dick Taylor, Val Wilmer, Chris Barber, Pete Brown, Bob Brunning, Dave Kelly and Phil Ryan.

:nah:

Next Thursday....

Documentary telling the story of what happened to blues music on its journey from the southern states of America to the heart of British pop and rock culture, providing an in-depth look at what this music really meant to a generation of kids desperate for an antidote to their experiences of living in post-war suburban Britain.

Narrated by Nigel Planer and structured in three parts, the first, Born Under a Bad Sign, focuses on the arrival of American blues in Britain in the late 50s and the first performances here by such legends as Muddy Waters, Sonnie Terry and Brownie McGhee.

Part two, Sittin' on Top of the World, charts the birth of the first British blues boom in the early 60s, spearheaded by the Rolling Stones and groups such as the Yardbirds, Manfred Mann, the Animals and the Pretty Things.

The final section, Crossroads, looks at the next, more hardcore British blues boom of the mid-to-late 60s, with guitarists Eric Clapton and Peter Green and the international dominance of their respective bands, Cream and Fleetwood Mac.

Featuring archive performances and interviews with Keith Richards, Paul Jones, Chris Dreja, Bill Wyman, Phil May, John Mayall, Jack Bruce, Mick Fleetwood, Ian Anderson, Tony McPhee, Mike Vernon, Tom McGuinness, Mick Abrahams, Dick Taylor, Val Wilmer, Chris Barber, Pete Brown, Bob Brunning, Dave Kelly and Phil Ryan.

<_<

Producer or someone is clearly a Cream fan :nah: