Did anyone else think we seemed a bit too confident of winning?

Asprilla

My pre-match prediction of 1-1 with us losing on penalties is just a distant pipe dream.

Yeap. Oh how I would have loved to have lost graciously and battling today. It Wouldn't have also totally killed dead any hyperness or pride I still had after Sunday's results.... but the bunch of twats couldnt even give us that! Talk about two birds with one stone :lol:

Well, I was really looking forward to the game tonight... which is a classic sign tbh. I should have known. I tell myself it'll be different but It's always the same.

:lol:

I think we have to accept we need to build over the next few seasons, integrating the young defenders could be very good for our future. A back 4-6 who all grow together would be tremendous for us.

If we can just concentrate on getting a core of decent players and a stable manager we can start to think about winning cups again.

Until then, I think we should stick to the league.

Well, I was really looking forward to the game tonight... which is a classic sign tbh. I should have known. I tell myself it'll be different but It's always the same.

Heh aye I know what you mean. :lol:

Still, can't say I'm too fussed. It should give us a kick up the arse.

It's not like we were going to win it anyway. :lol:

Kick up the arse? That was the most embarrassing display since Sheffield United, and was a fuck sight more embarrassing than even Souness put us through.

Hmm, I'd sooner get thumped off a team much better than us, than hammered off a side in a lower league!

Thats where we have been going wrong for year's now.

Always the same old same old,we'd sooner not be is how we should think.

I honestly felt we would lose after failing to beat 10 men in the first match. I could just feel it but I wasn't ready for such a hammering and pathetic display from the team.

When I read Roeder was going to start the same team with the same substitutes I felt it was like an omen of bad things to come.

To start Pattison after his no-impact display against Spurs leaves me now to doubt Roeder's mental awareness of good, mediocre, and no-good players.

I think we have to accept we need to build over the next few seasons, integrating the young defenders could be very good for our future. A back 4-6 who all grow together would be tremendous for us.

If we can just concentrate on getting a core of decent players and a stable manager we can start to think about winning cups again.

The main flaw in that being none of them are actually very good, including home grown future england captain Taylor.

The main flaw in that being none of them are actually very good, including home grown future england captain Taylor.

They're young lads who can learn together....unless you think John Terry's about to persuade Ashley, Gary and Rio to look for Geordie ancestry ;)

At least we won't get to the latter stages as usual, build our hopes up once one or two more big clubs get knocked out, and then have them flattened when we get an away trip to Arsenal or Chelsea in the last 16 or last 8.

No. No matter what we do, we are going to have to do a fucking lot to redeem ourselves after a fuckin 5-1 defeat at home to a championship side.

I mentioned to the bloke I was watching it with that it was about 10 years since we'd lost at home in FA Cup, which was then mentioned on the telly soon after. Last night was my fault tbh.