Superbowl

bobbyshinton

I think its an excellent sport. It's thoroughly absorbing once you fathom the rules (playing Madden is one of the best ways to learn).

I've been a fan of the Rams since about 1985. I was hoping for a Bears - Patriots Superbowl as they were the two teams in the first one I watched. I'd like to see the Colts win it now, Peyton Manning deserves it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

Never got into it. I was in Oklahoma for one of the college games and assumed that a quarter being 15 minutes, I'd be free to leave in just over an hour. Not fucking likely. I was later assured that it's like a game of chess and that I just didn't fully appreciate the tactical nuances yet.

I think its an excellent sport. It's thoroughly absorbing once you fathom the rules (playing Madden is one of the best ways to learn).

I've been a fan of the Rams since about 1985. I was hoping for a Bears - Patriots Superbowl as they were the two teams in the first one I watched. I'd like to see the Colts win it now, Peyton Manning deserves it.

Totally agree its a great game regardless of the pace of it. 49ers fan myself ever since i bought a shirt and played Madden watched it every week on sky since.

Never got into it. I was in Oklahoma for one of the college games and assumed that a quarter being 15 minutes, I'd be free to leave in just over an hour. Not fucking likely. I was later assured that it's like a game of chess and that I just didn't fully appreciate the tactical nuances yet.

Oklahoma v UT is meant to be mental like. Probably worth it just for the occasion.....assuming killing fratboys was made legal for the day.

Guest Patrokles

Oklahoma v UT is meant to be mental like. Probably worth it just for the occasion.....assuming killing fratboys was made legal for the day.

The town is crazy on game day. Everyone has regalia, whole streets decked out. Tailgating, etc, etc. I like that their nickname is based on the fact that they stole land from some Indians. I know from Lauren that Rutgers this year was crazy because they're traditionally really shit but they won games or something. There were riots!

Edited by Patrokles

I've always enjoyed it since i was a kid, the only one of the US sports i do like as i wouldn't watch baseball and basket ball if you paid me.

But i do just watch highlights as live its going to take far too long and have too much stopping. I've stopped up and watched quite alot of the superbowl on a few occasions though.

Don't have a team and wouldn't bother with one, i just watch the games with no particular team i want to win most times.

Argh I watched a Superbowl once, big mistake.

It was when I was a bit younger and woke up in the night feeling really sick and shaky, so I went to get a glass of water and put the tv on for a bit. The Superbowl was on so I gave that a go but fuck me it goes on for ages doesn't it?! It was the longest night of my life. I didn't *get* it at all.

For some reason in this country the enthusiasts tend to be the sort of blokes who tuck their Fruit of the Loom t-shirt into their 501s and like Terry Pratchett.

Guest Patrokles

For some reason in this country the enthusiasts tend to be the sort of blokes who tuck their Fruit of the Loom t-shirt into their 501s and like Terry Pratchett.

how anyone cannot understand gridiron is beyond me

:lol:

jesus you're a fuckwit

Guest Patrokles

jesus you're a fuckwit

Chill out, V-man. It was just a joke. With your oft-(self)lauded sense of humour I was hoping to raise a chuckle. ;)

Not that i'm exactly an enthusiast, but you're half right, i like Terry Pratchett!

Not that i'm exactly an enthusiast, but you're half right, i like Terry Pratchett!

I don't like Pratchett or Fruit of the Loom and suffered from the same problems as Renton when I last wore 501s about 15 years ago.

I don't like Pratchett or Fruit of the Loom and suffered from the same problems as Renton when I last wore 501s about 15 years ago.

You ballooned to 18 stone and started fancying men? :lol:

*Tin hat on*

I love the NFL. I'd much rather watch it than watch bloody rugby.

Will be watching the Superbowl as always. I root for Philadelphia but they cocked up in the Divisional game so don't really mind who wins it this year.

• 2 weeks later...