Thursday's football gossip

khay

We don't know it's necessarily the same guy.

Well yesterday he was hopeful of having a player in within 48 hours, today he is specifically ruling out one player and saying that we're still hopeful of signings by next Wednesday. I'd say from that that it's pretty clear that this was our 48 hour man.

But then you look at what was said about negotiations with the player's club, and having him over here to take a look at, etc, and it suggests that Roeder had already made up his mind that he wanted the player, which would seem to imply that he wasn't GG. You may well be right, but all I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the case.

Well that's the most worrying thing - that we were 48 hours away from signing someone until someone pointed out that he wasn't very good. You can call it coincidence but one minute we're 48 hours from signing a player, then Roeder pulls out of signing a player and simultaneously stops mentioning this 48 hour player. I think we can make the leap in this instance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

We don't know it's necessarily the same guy.

Well yesterday he was hopeful of having a player in within 48 hours, today he is specifically ruling out one player and saying that we're still hopeful of signings by next Wednesday. I'd say from that that it's pretty clear that this was our 48 hour man.

But then you look at what was said about negotiations with the player's club, and having him over here to take a look at, etc, and it suggests that Roeder had already made up his mind that he wanted the player, which would seem to imply that he wasn't GG. You may well be right, but all I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the case.

Well that's the most worrying thing - that we were 48 hours away from signing someone until someone pointed out that he wasn't very good. You can call it coincidence but one minute we're 48 hours from signing a player, then Roeder pulls out of signing a player and simultaneously stops mentioning this 48 hour player. I think we can make the leap in this instance.

Again, although personally I think you might be right- to play Devil's Advocate, Roeder said that they already knew about the player and his international career, suggesting he'd already looked into the lad. I guess we'll find out for sure by the weekend.