So You Think You Can Nurse?

catmag

I think the exam standards are the same, but the teachers are so terrified of failing to meet targets they will hand-hold kids through them.

I'd up the amount of coursework and certainly get rid of MCQs

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the exam standards are the same, but the teachers are so terrified of failing to meet targets they will hand-hold kids through them.

I'd up the amount of coursework and certainly get rid of MCQs

Don't think so, the exams have definitely got noticeably easier.

Coursework is being banned left right and centre because all kids do nowadays is copy and paste off the net

There is even a proffesional dissertation writing service that will write you a paper on any subject up to how much you want to pay for. Ironically staffed by students and recent graduates.

Coursework is being banned left right and centre because all kids do nowadays is copy and paste off the net

There is even a proffesional dissertation writing service that will write you a paper on any subject up to how much you want to pay for. Ironically staffed by students and recent graduates.

Have you taken any lately like? How can you say they're noticeably easier?

It's easy to check if kids are copying and pasting off the net, if the nose-picker who sits at the back of the class and throws rolled up snot at the girls in front suddenly starts quoting Descarte.. you know somethings up.

It's easy to check if kids are copying and pasting off the net, if the nose-picker who sits at the back of the class and throws rolled up snot at the girls in front suddenly starts quoting Descarte.. you know somethings up.

Is that what you used to do like? :lol:

there are reviews and examples of papers every year when improved results are announced. University administrators came out and stated it as fact not long ago.

and yes, I recently had the opportunity to see current and past A-level Physics papers

I quoted Jung tbh :lol:

I maintain that it's not that the exams have become staggering in their simplicity, more that the whole path that education takes is to ensure pupils pass exams.

As an aside, I'd wager IB pupils have a better education than those that take A-Levels, a better grounding in life as well.

I quoted Jung tbh :lol:

I maintain that it's not that the exams have become staggering in their simplicity, more that the whole path that education takes is to ensure pupils pass exams.

As an aside, I'd wager IB pupils have a better education than those that take A-Levels, a better grounding in life as well.

Edited by The Fish

... I can't delete the first one for some reason.. I've also been having trouble with the IMG button...

You're not that fucking clever then are you, smarty-pants? :lol:

... I can't delete the first one for some reason.. I've also been having trouble with the IMG button...

IQ definitely less than his waist measurement, though that wouldt necessarily rule him out of MENSA.

International Baccalaureate

http://www.ibo.org/

It's an alternative to the A-Levels, last years top performing private school uses them, as did the top performing state school.

Obviously a fair number of private schools who use A-Levels performed to a highwer standard than the state school, and the state school in question is in a nice area of England and whose cachement area isn't likely to include many council estates. The point remains though.

IQ definitely less than his waist measurement, though that wouldt necessarily rule him out of MENSA.

Bog off, you two. I know HOW to do it, it's just not bloody working.

it's not like I'm daubing my screen with tipex!

This thread has gone madly off topic but the original programme is on again tonight at 8 if there's anyone not watching the England match.

God knows what kind of debate would ensue should there ever be a "So You Think You Can Teach?" series..

Guest Patrokles

So you think you can sit and home and alternate between sleep and masturbation? would apply to my days off.

On the subject of teaching, I'd love to pitch a reality TV show to C4 with 10 sets of parents and their children. The kids do a set of exams from their parents' time, and the parents take some modern exams.

Until that happens, the whole, 'it was easier in my day' statement is unverifiable.

So You Think You Are A Cunt would give you all a lesson in what a REAL day's work is all about!

Edited for accuracy, Scotty :lol:

I wouldn't know mate. Will you be lending your expertise? :P

:lol: Happy to help. Anyone who's not happy with the level of cuntdom they've managed to achieve so far in their lives, and in need of any assistance, please feel free to PM me. Cheers. :P