So You Think You Can Nurse?

catmag

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it a bit strange that Swindon Mag was so arsed about pictures that were already in the public domain being on here. I never saw them mind so maybe he had something to be embarrassed about. Gol resigned as a mod and apologised though iirc.

:lol:

and it followed him posting information on the forum about me, so it was fair game IMO ;)

Travelling salesman would seem the obvious choice

convincing patter is in their nature

Either Tea-towels or Sauce pans tbh.

Rob works in the oil industry. He has a geology / engineering background.

Imo.

He better be on the wind up about teachers though.

In fact, as i know he subscribes, he probably hasnt got round to this week's Economist article on the state of Britain and globalisation.

Their main conclusion regarding the decline of the manufacturing sector and the present high tech / R&D strategy followed by New Labour, is that Britain's ability to maintain its position in the global market is dependent on its education system. Maybe thats why he has a bee in his bonnet about it, as they are critical.

However, the main point is that they are probably the most important sector for the future prosperity of Britain.

Imo.

In fact, as i know he subscribes, he probably hasnt got round to this week's Economist article on the state of Britain and globalisation.

Their main conclusion regarding the decline of the manufacturing sector and the present high tech / R&D strategy followed by New Labour, is that Britain's ability to maintain its position in the global market is dependent on its education system. Maybe thats why he has a bee in his bonnet about it, as they are critical.

However, the main point is that they are probably the most important sector for the future prosperity of Britain.

It's a bit more varied than just tech / R&D, and New Labour is no more directing this trend as trying to claim credit for a natural capitalist effect

but the point still stands that it is now about brains not brawn

Imo.

It's a bit more varied than just tech / R&D, and New Labour is no more directing this trend as trying to claim credit for a natural capitalist effect

but the point still stands that it is now about brains not brawn

Yeah agreed, i was summarising it.

We will all just have to wait for the definitive word from Rob on the matter though.

Imo.

"some of my best friends are geologists and engineers" - but I'm not one

I had read this weeks Economist TBH but Ididn't feel it was worth posting the obvious

I stick by my point that there is sommat very very wrong with our teachers when they turn out so many under achievers

Imo.

I had read this weeks Economist TBH but Ididn't feel it was worth posting the obvious

I stick by my point that there is sommat very very wrong with our teachers when they turn out so many under achievers

Am sure you have more than a passing interest in those subjects though and that wasnt a denial of the industry either...

Guest Patrokles

Imo.

How do you gauge achievement? You're talking about illiteracy. I daresay that there are more literate children around now than before. So that invalidates your main argument. You just give the strong impression of being entirely on the wind-up, because you have absolutely nothing to back up your words.

get the current apparently best ever crop of students according to current results, the exam papers from 20 years ago

It's no coincidence that most University courses have changed to mandatory 4 years over the last decade or so

The addage 'those who can't, teach' has played out in front of my very eyes many times

Guest Patrokles

get the current apparently best ever crop of students according to current results, the exam papers from 20 years ago

It's no coincidence that most University courses have changed to mandatory 4 years over the last decade or so

The addage 'those who can't, teach' has played out in front of my very eyes many times

Yawntastic and overused argument. I don't think anything has changed whatsoever. We're dealing with basic intelligence and self-motivation. You can't teach those things.