So You Think You Can Nurse?

catmag

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job title would do like Rob. No one's after your employee ID and NI number.

Might reduce his ability to pretend he's an expert in every single field in the world ever though. Oh, and Swindon Mag was a fucking shite poster imo. :o

So what went down with Swindon Mag? :unsure:

I think Gol 'exposed' him :o ??? (ie broadcast his details/photo, I'm not implying he had anything to hide) :o Then we never heard from him again properly. Should have just denied it was him iywmho. Who would have been able to prove/dis-prove it after all?

Might reduce his ability to pretend he's an expert in every single field in the world ever though. Oh, and Swindon Mag was a fucking shite poster imo. :unsure:

:o

Might reduce his ability to pretend he's an expert in every single field in the world ever though. Oh, and Swindon Mag was a fucking shite poster imo. ;)

you'd be surprised my lad............

Might reduce his ability to pretend he's an expert in every single field in the world ever though. Oh, and Swindon Mag was a fucking shite poster imo. :lol:

you'd be surprised my lad............

I don't give a shit tbh. Not really that interested what anyone does. I have no interest in your attempts to keep us on tenterhooks either btw ;)

ah well - it goes back a-ways

there's always been a basic rule that you don't try and ID people on message boards like this - if they WANt to post their picture, address etc etc for the Great Geordie Public to see well and good - if they don't they don't

a couple of years a go we lost Swindon Mag, who was a great poster, because some idiot went digging to find out all about him

when you see some of the idiots who post on here and (more so) on NOL I'd rather they didn't know where to find ANYONE ..................... not everyone is always nice...............

Okay, thats fair comment. Far from being my motive in asking mind.

Anyways you neednt give specifics of your official job title and even if someone was daft enough to go and try to ID you then you could just deny it's you, though why that never occured to Swindon Mag has always baffled me.

You can understand why people ask at least when you profess to have a working knowledge of everything-I'd say it dents your credibility when you're then so guarded about what you do do. Not that that should bother you necessarily of course.

Swindie went because some idiot went onto his work web site and started downloading pics from there IIRC

I seem to know about a lot of subjects (not all) because I read a lot, I'm quite a bit older (and hopefully wiser) than I was when I was the same age as most folks on this board, I've done & still do A LOT of travelling and have worked in some pretty odd spots with some even odder people. I had the benifit of the best education the State could afford and have worked with some very interesting and well informed people. This board has some real experts on things I haven't a clue about.

I also like a good argument and was brought up by me Mam to "have a go at the fat, dumb & happy sitting on their backsides thinking everyhting is fine" to quote her. She could argue both sides of an argument in the same conversation - got a bit worrying when she was the only one around mind............

I found it a bit strange that Swindon Mag was so arsed about pictures that were already in the public domain being on here. I never saw them mind so maybe he had something to be embarrassed about. Gol resigned as a mod and apologised though iirc.

ah well - it goes back a-ways

there's always been a basic rule that you don't try and ID people on message boards like this - if they WANt to post their picture, address etc etc for the Great Geordie Public to see well and good - if they don't they don't

a couple of years a go we lost Swindon Mag, who was a great poster, because some idiot went digging to find out all about him

when you see some of the idiots who post on here and (more so) on NOL I'd rather they didn't know where to find ANYONE ..................... not everyone is always nice...............

Okay, thats fair comment. Far from being my motive in asking mind.

Anyways you neednt give specifics of your official job title and even if someone was daft enough to go and try to ID you then you could just deny it's you, though why that never occured to Swindon Mag has always baffled me.

You can understand why people ask at least when you profess to have a working knowledge of everything-I'd say it dents your credibility when you're then so guarded about what you do do. Not that that should bother you necessarily of course.

Swindie went because some idiot went onto his work web site and started downloading pics from there IIRC

I seem to know about a lot of subjects (not all) because I read a lot, I'm quite a bit older (and hopefully wiser) than I was when I was the same age as most folks on this board, I've done & still do A LOT of travelling and have worked in some pretty odd spots with some even odder people. I had the benifit of the best education the State could afford and have worked with some very interesting and well informed people. This board has some real experts on things I haven't a clue about.

I also like a good argument and was brought up by me Mam to "have a go at the fat, dumb & happy sitting on their backsides thinking everyhting is fine" to quote her. She could argue both sides of an argument in the same conversation - got a bit worrying when she was the only one around mind............

Did your mam never tell you that talking shit about subjects you have no idea on makes you look a complete tit though? :lol: By the way, you don't "seem to know about a lot of subjects", you seem to think you know about a lot of subjects. The difference between the two is vast. ;)

"By the way, you don't "seem to know about a lot of subjects", you seem to think you know about a lot of subjects. The difference between the two is vast. tongue.gif"

Indeed - but at least I HAVE opinions - unlike the majority of the mindless around. When Big Brother is the major item of conversation ................ jesus wept!!

"By the way, you don't "seem to know about a lot of subjects", you seem to think you know about a lot of subjects. The difference between the two is vast. tongue.gif"

Indeed - but at least I HAVE opinions - unlike the majority of the mindless around. When Big Brother is the major item of conversation ................ jesus wept!!

Yeah, you have opinions on everything....no matter how misinformed. ;)

The man in the pub has an opinion....it's just that it usually falls down when he's tasked to flesh out an argument to support it. Thats the unspeakably beautiful difference between opinions and arguments.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has them but not everybody feels the need to parade them out everytime they are discussed.

Guest Patrokles

Anyone that cagey about what they do for a living is clearly embarassed about it.

I reckon he's a fluffer. Or a merkin-fitter.

Sounds like a flight attendant from his descriptions.

Anyone that cagey about what they do for a living is clearly embarassed about it.

;) That would make sense. Berb, any comment?

Guest Patrokles

You can imagine him up there, too. He'd be one of the really arsey ones who get a lip on if someone doesn't do up their seatbelt or thank them profusely enough for their meal.

Would explain his subscription to Flight magazine as well. Class, I think he's been busted actually. :lol:

:lol: That would make sense. Berb, any comment?

Would explain his subscription to Flight magazine as well. Class, I think he's been busted actually. :lol:

A trolley dolly... ;)