Let me ask you a simple question!

Souey's P45

Do you think you are likely to get a good manager

a:In the middle of the season when good managers are in the middle of a contract having spent the clubs money

OR

b:During the close season when people are open to new opportunities?

a:In the middle of the season when good managers are in the middle of a contract having spent the clubs money

OR

21178[/snapback]

Both Hitzfield and Le Guen are out of work are they not? I would be talking to them right now.

We got Bobby Robson mid season

And anyway the question for you is:

Do we:

1. Continue with a man who is systematically runing our club and who we could not possibly do worse than

or 2. Give anything else a try as it would be a step up no matter how small, and there would be a hell of a lot of the seaosn left for somebody to turn it round, rather than wait till its too late to turn it round

And anyway the question  for you is:

Do we:

1. Continue with a man who is systematically runing our club and who we could not possibly do worse than

or 2. Give anything else a try as it would be a step up no matter how small, and there would be a hell of a lot of the seaosn left for somebody to turn it round, rather than wait till its too late to turn it round

21182[/snapback]

Papa, I've just made the point in the other thread - "anything else" is not what we need. We need lengthy enquiries and discussions about who the right man is, and then we need to target them over a period of time and make sure we have a shortlist of one or two, not five or six. I don't believe that can be done in the middle of a season. Robson was a one-off - a local that wanted to manage us.

"Anything else" is short termist and will land us in even worse shit when we're having to make another change a year or 18 months down the line. We need a long term plan that sets us on the right tracks over a period of time, not a short term fix that appeases the fans for a little while..

Do we:

21182[/snapback]

Papa, I've just made the point in the other thread - "anything else" is not what we need. We need lengthy enquiries and discussions about who the right man is, and then we need to target them over a period of time and make sure we have a shortlist of one or two, not five or six. I don't believe that can be done in the middle of a season. Robson was a one-off - a local that wanted to manage us.

"Anything else" is short termist and will land us in even worse shit when we're having to make another change a year or 18 months down the line. We need a long term plan that sets us on the right tracks over a period of time, not a short term fix that appeases the fans for a little while..

21190[/snapback]

I do know what you're saying, i just want this one man disaster away from my club before he can really finish the wreckign job he started.

Its far from ideal to be dumping yet another manager at this time, but there are better managers out there and if Fred had the brains he'd be out there now sounding out their agents so that they are in place when he gives Souness the boot.

People forget we aren't too good to be relegated, and even though i have said we won't be and for now still don't think we will be...what if it goes on like this, a combination of shite tactics, injuries, bad luck and refreeing but ultimately we don't move out the bottom 3 and by the time he is sacked its too late for the new bloke???

Do we:

21182[/snapback]

21190[/snapback]

I do know what you're saying, i just want this one man disaster away from my club before he can really finish the wreckign job he started.

Its far from ideal to be dumping yet another manager at this time, but there are better managers out there and if Fred had the brains he'd be out there now sounding out their agents so that they are in place when he gives Souness the boot.

People forget we aren't too good to be relegated, and even though i have said we won't be and for now still don't think we will be...what if it goes on like this, a combination of shite tactics, injuries, bad luck and refreeing but ultimately we don't move out the bottom 3 and by the time he is sacked its too late for the new bloke???

21194[/snapback]

There is more than one person at the Newcastle United that is making the club a shambles..

OR

21178[/snapback]

Irrelevant. There is no bad time to appoint the right manager. Bobby Robson was the right manager at the time.

Managers have always been sacked and replaced, at any time, it is only now because we have transfer windows the emphasis has changed. Managers are out there it's only that they will be stuck with the same players until January, whereas in the past they could bring in one or two instant fixes because quite often a new man can come in and see things clearly with a fresh focus on the problems.

The quality of manager we'd be able to get at the end of the season depends on if the club is in a resucable state, or if we're a freefall trainwreck that no-one would risk their reputation gambling on.

21204[/snapback]

Thats just it. Right now last seasons failure to qualify for Europe is seen a blip, the signings of Luque, Emre and Parker show this. However if we continue to go through the season in freefall with no Europe once again its not only the standard of manager that we will have trouble attacting to the club but players both in signings and hanging on to what we have.

The quality of manager we'd be able to get at the end of the season depends on if the club is in a resucable state, or if we're a freefall trainwreck that no-one would risk their reputation gambling on.

21204[/snapback]

Thats just it. Right now last seasons failure to qualify for Europe is seen a blip, the signings of Luque, Emre and Parker show this. However if we continue to go through the season in freefall with no Europe once again its not only the standard of manager that we will have trouble attacting to the club but players both in signings and hanging on to what we have.

21209[/snapback]

We have no chance of qualifying for Europe with Souness. None whatsoever.

I believe Shepherd is probably making enquiries about other managers. He's hardly going to advertise the fact though is he!?

I believe that with Souness we will finish in the top 6. Not very good considering, but don't forget that in Bobby's first 2 seasons we finished 13th and 11th.

Edited by Souey's P45

I believe Shepherd is probably making enquiries about other managers. He's hardly going to advertise the fact though is he!?

I believe that with Souness we will finish in the top 6. Not very good considering, but don't forget that in Bobby's first 2 seasons we finished 13th and 11th.

21212[/snapback]

Bobby Robson inherited a shite team. Souness inherited a top 5 team.

21212[/snapback]

You are insane. How can you possibly think we will end in the top six - have you actually seen us play in the past year?

Nearly 10 hours now in the league without a goal from a Newcastle player. Top six my arse!

Edited by Renton

21212[/snapback]

alright, Ketsbaias mobile ?

Aye, he's no genius is he!?

Still, someone said here about Ericsson after the world cup.

I'm not a big fan of the guy but overall his results are canny.

What's the point of getting in someone like Craig Burley when what we really want is the next Wenger or Mourinho?

Aye, he's no genius is he!?

Still, someone said here about Ericsson after the world cup.

I'm not a big fan of the guy but overall his results are canny.

What's the point of getting in someone like Craig Burley when what we really want is the next Wenger or Mourinho?

21222[/snapback]

i heard his uncle George manages Hearts too