Comments on Carr.......

Noelie

It would appear that Alex Livie didn't have much good to say about Stephen Carr in his match report, and I don't think many of us did and here's his comments.

...........having been allowed the freedom of the box by Stephen Carr...........

.....Carr's failure to pick up Bocanegra early on almost cost his side dear and a serious misjudgement with a back header was nearly pounced upon by Fulham.

...Carr who was disappointing all afternoon failed to heed an earlier warning as he allowed Bocanegra to run free in the box.............

............................brushed aside the hapless Carr before teeing up McBride to slot home.

I must admit, he was always waiting for the ball to come to him, just floating about in no-man's land, but The midfield in general lacked a creative element to ensure the ball got forward more oftern. Also they couldn't tackle for love nor money.

That's the key point for me this season. No matter how much people blame the lack of the strikers, and the poor defenders, on the whole our midfield have been utter shite.

He was knocked off the ball pretty easily for their second goal...

You would imagine someone short and stocky like that would be a little harder to shove around!

ffs, it was Carr Vs Diop, a short fat Irish geezer against a tall strong brick shithouse of an African :blink:

Edited by Capo

carr is a disgrace

one of sir bob's less dazzling signings

Sir Bobby wanted Miguel and Seitaridis but was told to wait until after Euro 2004 to see how they done, both were excellent with Seitaridis going to Porto and Miguel's price going up.

Fat Fred wouldn't pay the extra for Miguel so we went for the cheaper option in Carr.

carr is a disgrace

Sir Bobby wanted Miguel and Seitaridis but was told to wait until after Euro 2004 to see how they done, both were excellent with Seitaridis going to Porto and Miguel's price going up.

Fat Fred wouldn't pay the extra for Miguel so we went for the cheaper option in Carr.

slate the club when they don't [or can't] pay a bit extra, and slate them when they do ie Owen :blink::P

What a cretin

What do you think of the club paying the big money for Marcelino, Goma, Domi and Pistone ?

carr is a disgrace

Freddie's :blink:

you should read posts, instead of speculating, and you would have seen I have said I rate Miguel a lot.

:P

carr is a disgrace

slate the club when they don't [or can't] pay a bit extra, and slate them when they do ie Owen :calmdown::calmdown:

What a cretin

What do you think of the club paying the big money for Marcelino, Goma, Domi and Pistone ?

Why couldn't they pay anymore? Oh that's right, they were preparing a huge bid for Wayne Rooney! Like we had a chance of signing him. :P

As for signing Owen...

CON1198.jpg

All our eggs in one basket.

Instead of building a team, lets bid for Owen and Rooney when we've still got Bramble, Bernard, Babayaro, Carr, Moore, Hughes, Ramage etc at the back. :angry::up::blush:

Then again we all know you're happy with a trophy signing don't we.

*Awaits insults and to be told about the 87 clubs below us over the past decade etc etc. :blink::calmdown:

carr is a disgrace

slate the club when they don't [or can't] pay a bit extra, and slate them when they do ie Owen :calmdown::calmdown:

What a cretin

Why couldn't they pay anymore? Oh that's right, they were preparing a huge bid for Wayne Rooney! Like we had a chance of signing him. :P

As for signing Owen...

CON1198.jpg

Instead of building a team, lets bid for Owen and Rooney when we've still got Bramble, Bernard, Babayaro, Carr, Moore, Hughes, Ramage etc at the back. :angry::up::blush:

*Awaits insults and to be told about the 87 clubs below us over the past decade etc etc. :blink::calmdown:

and you don't think spending big money on defenders isn't a "trophy" player ie 8m on Miguel ?

If you want mediocre signings instead of Owen etc, you should support the mackems. We used to buy players in their market before the Halls and Shepherd son. I know you don't believe that, but its true.

What did you think of the club spending big money on Marcelino, Goma, Domi and Pistone ?

As I said, slate the club for spending money and slate them for not spending money. You haven't a clue.

Edited by LeazesMag

carr is a disgrace

Freddie's :P

you should read posts, instead of speculating, and you would have seen I have said I rate Miguel a lot.

:up:

:blink:

My post was never about you, so why bring that into it? You should read posts :angry:

carr is a disgrace

slate the club when they don't [or can't] pay a bit extra, and slate them when they do ie Owen :calmdown::D

What a cretin

As for signing Owen...

CON1198.jpg

*Awaits insults and to be told about the 87 clubs below us over the past decade etc etc. :blink::suicide:

and you don't think spending big money on defenders isn't a "trophy" player ie 8m on Miguel ?

If you want mediocre signings instead of Owen etc, you should support the mackems. We used to buy players in their market before the Halls and Shepherd son. I know you don't believe that, but its true.

What did you think of the club spending big money on Marcelino, Goma, Domi and Pistone ?

As I said, slate the club for spending money and slate them for not spending money. You haven't a clue.

£8 million would be a trophy signing?! :calmdown: Did you think Boumsong was a trophy signing too then?! :calmdown:

I didn't really know anything about them but I hoped they would come in and improve our back line, didn't you? or did you always know they were shit?

My point is why break the bank in one area when it means you have to neglect others? How many teams have won anything by using that method?

Give him his due though, Carr was a handy right-back when he was at Totenham which is why he was brought here, unfortunately for us he's never met nor maintained the same level of play he was capable of there.

I had high hopes when he joined us but he shattered them with his inconsistant form.