Playing music when a team scores a goal

Gemmill

loosely linked to this, but does anyone else think that our amazing DJ at St James Park playing 'The Boys are Back in Town' when we run on to the pitch for the second half is a bit shit

Im not sure about Thunder by AC/DC either, at first I liked it as it got things moving and its a good loud beat but also gives that impression that they ideally want the whole crowd to sing along in a Gladiators stylee.

never could get my head round us playing Kurt Angle's theme music from WWF when we ran out either

unless the DJ was us to fill in the "You Suck" part

"Boys are Back in Town" infinitely more cringeworthy tbh

HOWAY LADS, THE BOYS ARE BACK, GOOOOOOOAAARRRRNNNN, etc

Awful.

never could get my head round us playing Kurt Angle's theme music from WWF when we ran out either

unless the DJ was us to fill in the "You Suck" part

"Boys are Back in Town" infinitely more cringeworthy tbh

HOWAY LADS, THE BOYS ARE BACK, GOOOOOOOAAARRRRNNNN, etc

Awful.

The first time the DJ played it (iirc) was after we'd kept the opposition waiting after half-time. I thought it was a quick piece of thinking on the DJ's behalf. Alas, it was just a coincidence. The music he plays is pretty awful in general though. As is the PA system.

loosely linked to this, but does anyone else think that our amazing DJ at St James Park playing 'The Boys are Back in Town' when we run on to the pitch for the second half is a bit shit

It's totally embarrassing. ;) I stay inside for as long as possible at half time to avoid hearing it.

It's common here in Jormany. Absolutely terrible. But it's even worse when a team like Bayern chose "Music was my first love" from John Miles...

They also did it during the latest handball world cup ... after every goal ... not that there are 50+ each game. Absolutely annoying.

This from Bayer Leverkusen tonight is fucking awful. :D

It's common here in Jormany. Absolutely terrible. But it's even worse when a team like Bayern chose "Music was my first love" from John Miles...

They also did it during the latest handball world cup ... after every goal ... not that there are 50+ each game. Absolutely annoying.

This from Bayer Leverkusen tonight is fucking awful. :D

Believe me, it's even one of the better ones - if such a thing exists. :gettin:

Its absolutely terrible. It tends to be clubs with shit fans and vast banks of empty seats that do the music when they score thing. It's completely wrong, as are teams who have cheerleaders (usually the same teams).

As for the music that gets played on matchdays at SJP, its gone downhill. A few years ago it was class. Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones, regular doses of Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Clash, The Jam. Now we get some tit who plays shite like the fucking Scissor Sisters and that fucking nasty Bee Gees-esque dross of theirs, The Feeling - load of shite, Leona fucking Lewis of X-Factor????, I mean come on, what the fuck has happened? Get the former DJ back.