Liverpool - the finest supporters on earth, or just wankers?

Guest stevieintoon

If I've lived in Jarrow all my life?

You aren't Scottish?

Yes, blood-line.

Aah. Just assumed you were from up there and moved down here. Makes your apparent dislike of the English a bit strange though imo.

Don't dislike the English tbh, just the football team in the main as do plenty of English people btw.

And the cricket team.

Actually I do like the cricket team as although they lived on the Ashes hype too much but at least I like some of them as people, whereas the majority of footballers nowadays are just cunts.

note "in the main"

Didn't mind the cricket team until the absolute Ashes wankfest that went on, still don't really hate them.

You wanted Australia to win before the 'wankfest' iirc. You've always come across as the bitter Scot tbh. Which is bizarre, given you're English. Whether you like it or not :D

Don't dislike the English tbh, just the football team in the main as do plenty of English people btw.

And the cricket team.

Actually I do like the cricket team as although they lived on the Ashes hype too much but at least I like some of them as people, whereas the majority of footballers nowadays are just cunts.

Quoted for truthfulnessary

Just because I wanted Australia to win doesn't mean that I hated England?

You seem to support whoever England play. Hence, 'apparent dislike'. I think following Scotland is totally understandable if your Dad's Scottish. But wanting Australia to beat the nation you were born in and have lived in all your life? I don't really get that tbh.

Edited by alex

You aren't Scottish?

Yes, blood-line.

So the answer is not really then. You are scottish if you're born in Scotland end of discussion.

So, hypothetically, if both your parents were English but you were born in the US while they were on holiday, would you be English or American? I think of all the criteria for nationhood, where you were born is least significant.

You aren't Scottish?

Yes, blood-line.

So the answer is not really then. You are scottish if you're born in Scotland end of discussion.

So, hypothetically, if both your parents were English but you were born in the US while they were on holiday, would you be English or American? I think of all the criteria for nationhood, where you were born is least significant.

While I agree, that isn't the case here.

While I agree, that isn't the case here.

Not biting tbh.

I was just making the point that that isn't the case here. We've already established you're English tbh.

You aren't Scottish?

Yes, blood-line.

I was born in Scotland but grew up in England. I'm English. ;)

Guest stevieintoon

note "in the main"

Didn't mind the cricket team until the absolute Ashes wankfest that went on, still don't really hate them.

You wanted Australia to win before the 'wankfest' iirc. You've always come across as the bitter Scot tbh. Which is bizarre, given you're English. Whether you like it or not ;)

He doesn't know what he is really, wants to be Scottish to be different but is really English and is from Jarrow, from any neutral perspective it's fucked up.

I hate the way Liverpool fans think they have some kind of divine right to success, does my head in.

Aye, absolutely anything and you can't shift them off the phone ins can you. Whining and bleating and whinging and slagging off players, Benitez etc. Then the next it's back to Liverpool are the greatest team ever, "We love Stevie G", "Rafa's great" etc etc etc.

Bunch of pricks when they carry on like that.

I was listening to 606 on Saturday when I got in, and there they were - Liverpool fan after Liverpool fan from Dorset to Dundee whining on. And I thought, fucks sake, even though we did beat them, I'd swap positions with them. They win the game 2-1, we have their third place. They should get a bloody grip.

Edited by Tom_NUFC