Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

Got tickets for Creamfields - Well looking forward to it, never been to a massive event and always fancied one ever since the days of Rezerection in Scotland. Has anyone any useful tips/ things to watch out for, essential items to take?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got tickets for Creamfields - Well looking forward to it, never been to a massive event and always fancied one ever since the days of Rezerection in Scotland. Has anyone any useful tips/ things to watch out for, essential items to take?

Beware Scousers bearing gifts. Take nothing of value other than drugs. Have a good time :icon_lol:

Beware Scousers bearing gifts. Take nothing of value other than drugs. Have a good time :icon_lol:

Cheers, incidently someone else mentioned being careful of scousers (The Birkenhead lot). My Mule has let me down, Is security fairly thorough on the way in?

Cheers, incidently someone else mentioned being careful of scousers (The Birkenhead lot). My Mule has let me down, Is security fairly thorough on the way in?

Never actually been to Creamfields although my sister has. She said there was a wonderful array of tracksuit bottoms tucked into Lacoste socks on display though. Last event like that I went to was probably a Helter Skelter at Milton Keynes. I also remember going to Tribal Gathering back in the day which was mental due to the size alone. Sorry, that's not much help, is it?

Never actually been to Creamfields although my sister has. She said there was a wonderful array of tracksuit bottoms tucked into Lacoste socks on display though. Last event like that I went to was probably a Helter Skelter at Milton Keynes. I also remember going to Tribal Gathering back in the day which was mental due to the size alone. Sorry, that's not much help, is it?

No Worries, still interesting to hear!

And Helter Skelter? What was your favourite set? Dougal and vibes, or Hixxy? ;)

a dublin drug dealer who's tent was pitched a few inches from mine came in with a knife and threatened all of us

was warned about trouble etc. didn't see one bit.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Trouble (kevin's definition) - Fighting and stuff.

I duno, i found it hilarious at the time, maybe because i was pied.

Or may old bunch on this forum is turning into a scared old bunch of men :icon_lol:

Beware Scousers bearing gifts. Take nothing of value other than drugs. Have a good time ;)

:icon_lol: I actually went for the Jungle / Drum and Bass although the Happy Hardcore DJs would play some great sets in the old skool room. It's still going I think but they either do Jungle or Happy Hardcore events whereas the ones I went to did both (plus hardcore/nosebleed techno and old skool). Even though I don't like happy hardcore the atmosphere was better than at an all jungle night which can get a bit 'moody'.

a dublin drug dealer who's tent was pitched a few inches from mine came in with a knife and threatened all of us

Or may old bunch on this forum is turning into a scared old bunch of men :icon_lol:

Anyone that went on your recommendation of not seeing any "trouble" would be pissed off you didn't mention knifepoint robberies, tents being set on fire and death because it didn't fit your definition of trouble.

Or may old bunch on this forum is turning into a scared old bunch of men ;)

Anyone that went on your recommendation of not seeing any "trouble" would be pissed off you didn't mention knifepoint robberies, tents being set on fire and death because it didn't fit your definition of trouble.

:icon_lol:

the dubliner didn't rob us, he sold themins drugs all weekend, good guy. Tents being set on fire - wasn't ours, all in the fun of it ;) Death - More of a moronic titwad who couldn't handle his drink.

Or may old bunch on this forum is turning into a scared old bunch of men ;)

:icon_lol:

the dubliner didn't rob us, he sold themins drugs all weekend, good guy. Tents being set on fire - wasn't ours, all in the fun of it ;) Death - More of a moronic titwad who couldn't handle his drink.

Kevin would have only classed it as 'trouble' if the lad from Dublin had been knee-capped by the Real IRA or someone had stuck a pipe in his tent.

Well, no worry of you dying of the drink you had since it was all piss weak anyway.

1.5 litres of vodka - 37.5%

Bottle of peach schnapps - 15%

Bottle of rum - 35%

Suck my dick bitch :icon_lol:

I think you're all just turning into boring old sods who think every teenager wearing a hoody will stab you. And if you talk to somebody on the computer they're automatically a pedo.

Beware Scousers bearing gifts. Take nothing of value other than drugs. Have a good time ;)

:icon_lol: I actually went for the Jungle / Drum and Bass although the Happy Hardcore DJs would play some great sets in the old skool room. It's still going I think but they either do Jungle or Happy Hardcore events whereas the ones I went to did both (plus hardcore/nosebleed techno and old skool). Even though I don't like happy hardcore the atmosphere was better than at an all jungle night which can get a bit 'moody'.

I never quite understood why events like Helter skleter and dreamscape played d'n'b in the same room as Happy harcore, two different styles at a different pace for different crowds, why not hoy them in separate rooms? Though tbh I would have spent most of the night in the techno / dutch gabber room :D

I never quite understood why events like Helter skleter and dreamscape played d'n'b in the same room as Happy harcore, two different styles at a different pace for different crowds, why not hoy them in separate rooms? Though tbh I would have spent most of the night in the techno / dutch gabber room :D

Imo it worked because you had crowds moving about and mingling rather than people just staying in the same room all night. It's all about the craic and not just the music. I see what you mean though.

Imo it worked because you had crowds moving about and mingling rather than people just staying in the same room all night. It's all about the craic and not just the music. I see what you mean though.

Aye, I see your point about moving about. I suppose it would stop you standing in the same spot all night and seeing more of the venu,e bumping into people etc

• 4 weeks later...

JUst back. Well back on Monday night but needed a full day and a half to recuperate.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! super sick sets by Askills, Featurecast, Diesel Boy, Jpod the Beat Chef.....the list goes on.

can't wait to feel the shambha-love next year. Anyone looking for an opportunity to see BC and go to an amazing one of a kind music festival should look into this.

:lol: