Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of mates are going to Glasto, asked me if I want to come. Going to google the lineup now, I heard Coldplay are headlining and I'm not a big fan. Don't want to waste a holiday on a shit festival, would rather go abroad unless the lineup is decent.

Pyramid Stage

U2

Coldplay

Beyoncé

Also confirmed for 2011: Anna Calvi, BB King, Big Boi, The Chemical Brothers, Crystal Castles, Elbow, Everything Everything, Friendly Fires, Fleet Foxes, Gruff Rhys, Janelle Monae, Mumford & Sons, Primal Scream, Warpaint

Wouldn't mind seeing BB King and the Chemical Brothers out of that lot. Checked out the ones I hadn't heard and I'd go and see Fleet Foxes and Janelle Monae as well.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Muse are shite

Muse are shite

Matt Bellamy is a very talented musician iyam

I agree with HF, I was excited when I saw them on TOTP as a kid; he was playing the piano and doing his falsetto and then whipped out his guitar and some mega-riffs. All the kids wanted to learn the Muse riffs back in the day. I don't think their material is very diverse or the songwriting of a great quality (some of their latest singles have been naff imo), but they are a decent band imo. Similar to how I feel about Oasis. Decent group, not incredible by any stretch, but some good material and entertainment.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Reading/Leeds announcement at half 7 tomorrow.

Weekend tickets are £192 and Day tickets £82 - ouch.

Went on the Friday last year, and to be honest it was good value for money but would have been better If we didn't drive and stayed over

Seen

The Walkmen, Futureheads, Modest Mouse, Dizzee Rascal (went and got food), Gallows, Gaslight Anthem, The Cribs, Maccabees, Mystery Jets and then The Libertines and Arcade Fire for about £75 which isn't bad considering Neil Diamond is charging around that just for him

Don't want to waste a holiday on a shit festival

Couldn't be more wrong

Why? Is Glasto the dog's bollocks? I'd rather go abroad for a holiday if the lineup is crap.

There is so much more going on than the headliners on the pyramid

still hundreds of bands and artists to be announced

Muse are shite

Muse are shite

Matt Bellamy is a very talented musician iyam

I agree with HF, I was excited when I saw them on TOTP as a kid; he was playing the piano and doing his falsetto and then whipped out his guitar and some mega-riffs. All the kids wanted to learn the Muse riffs back in the day. I don't think their material is very diverse or the songwriting of a great quality (some of their latest singles have been naff imo), but they are a decent band imo. Similar to how I feel about Oasis. Decent group, not incredible by any stretch, but some good material and entertainment.

Agree with that....except oasis have nothing close to bellamy's chops. They know 10 chords tops.

Agree with that....except oasis have nothing close to bellamy's chops. They know 10 chords tops.

Never bothered with "technical" arguments - its about songs (think Golden Gordon's point about shorts).

Oasis and Muse were/are both great live though.

You're right HF, I was just comparing them to Oasis as that's another band I feel are decent, without being great. For all the nonsense lyrics Oasis came out with, I heard She's Electric on the radio at work the other day and that is quite a funny lyric and a catchy tune as well, nice melodies.

You're right in what you say about songs being more important than technique NJS, but knowing chords isn't a particularly technical thing, that's more the theory side. Chord knowledge really comes into play when you're composing and writing songs. Oasis managed to belt out some good material, even with their limited musicianship.

You're right HF, I was just comparing them to Oasis as that's another band I feel are decent, without being great. For all the nonsense lyrics Oasis came out with, I heard She's Electric on the radio at work the other day and that is quite a funny lyric and a catchy tune as well, nice melodies.

You're right in what you say about songs being more important than technique NJS, but knowing chords isn't a particularly technical thing, that's more the theory side. Chord knowledge really comes into play when you're composing and writing songs. Oasis managed to belt out some good material, even with their limited musicianship.

Well I presume Gallacher knows the chords - he just feels more comfortable with a few rather than many - though I think Oasis were always limited lyrically as well - He wrote some good lines but repeated them too many times.

How can me thinking they're shit be wrong? I definitely do think they're shit.

Idioteque did it to me as well. Said me thinking I'd rather go abroad than go to a shit festival was wrong. <_< Semantics baby.

have you ever been? how do you know its shit