Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a festival in France a couple of weeks ago which was probably the best festival i've ever been to. Bands seem to charge a lot less to play at festivals in mainland Europe as they can do quite a few on the go without having to cart their gear over the sea. European festivals are able to play much much later due to different sound laws, so its pretty exhausting, and its not as cheap as it was in the past thanks to the Euro, but the combined cost of Travel and a ticket compared to festivals in England is pretty much the same now. I guess you could make a holiday out of it as well, and stay in a hotel nearby, or stay on and have a look round elsewhere, but you'd probably be to exhausted anyway. There are some great festivals in mainland Europe for just about everyones music tastes if you look for them, i'd definitely recommend going to one.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

I went to a festival in France a couple of weeks ago which was probably the best festival i've ever been to. Bands seem to charge a lot less to play at festivals in mainland Europe as they can do quite a few on the go without having to cart their gear over the sea. European festivals are able to play much much later due to different sound laws, so its pretty exhausting, and its not as cheap as it was in the past thanks to the Euro, but the combined cost of Travel and a ticket compared to festivals in England is pretty much the same now. I guess you could make a holiday out of it as well, and stay in a hotel nearby, or stay on and have a look round elsewhere, but you'd probably be to exhausted anyway. There are some great festivals in mainland Europe for just about everyones music tastes if you look for them, i'd definitely recommend going to one.

benicassim in spain is a good option. been there once myself; it was class

no harm dude but that looks shit. Never heard of one of them artists in my life :D

none taken, but you're 12 and haven't a fucking clue (no harm of course), and you wouldn't have heard of some of them as there is a large local presence of artists.

festival started out 10-12 years ago w/ 600 people attending and has been growing ever since w/ 12-16 thousand attending last year. truly an amazing experience, no other festival like it.

no harm dude but that looks shit. Never heard of one of them artists in my life :D

none taken, but you're 12 and haven't a fucking clue (no harm of course), and you wouldn't have heard of some of them as there is a large local presence of artists.

festival started out 10-12 years ago w/ 600 people attending and has been growing ever since w/ 12-16 thousand attending last year. truly an amazing experience, no other festival like it.

Toché. Wow, are you serious, 12,000 - 16,000. Jesus.

yeah yeah.....its not the same scale as glastonbury or reading but understand this takes place in a town of 2500 people in the middle of nowhere (interior BC) and considering it has no commercial sponsorship (NONE) it's pretty fantastic. when you're 18 you should check it out for yourself.

yeah yeah.....its not the same scale as glastonbury or reading but understand this takes place in a town of 2500 people in the middle of nowhere (interior BC) and considering it has no commercial sponsorship (NONE) it's pretty fantastic. when you're 18 you should check it out for yourself.

I'm 18 in 365 days and 2 hours 55 minutes :rolleyes:

kind of the point of festivals anyway No? going to see the band you want but then getting exposed to other artists you may never have heard otherwise.

kind of the point of festivals anyway No? going to see the band you want but then getting exposed to other artists you may never have heard otherwise.

I have no idea what you mean so.. I'm going to see eminem, muse, the prodigy, kasabian, david guetta, calvin harris, black eyed peas and many more next weekend :)

nice line up. akills, noisa, plump djs, nextmen, beardyman, qbert, hatrias.....looks good

nice line up. akills, noisa, plump djs, nextmen, beardyman, qbert, hatrias.....looks good

indeed, mix that all in with sun, sand , and all around general debauchery should be a great vacation.

I have no idea what you mean so.. I'm going to see eminem, muse, the prodigy, kasabian, david guetta, calvin harris, black eyed peas and many more next weekend :)

Oxegens still shite and electric picnic is miles better, and i've seen half those bands more than once, including at oxegen.

a quick look at the lineup tells me you should go and see,

Friday: Arcade Fire, god is an astronaut, jay-z,

Saturday: two door cinema club, muse, florance, Kele (guy from bloc party)

Sunday: BellX1, Julian casablancas (guy from the strokes), we are scientists, Broken Social Scene

(none of which clash)

p.s I'm going to see eminem, the prodigy - these clash

muse - black eyed peas - these clash

so no you won't

I know they clash, I'm going to muse, then to calvin for a bit. Then Eminem, then the prodigy for a bit <_<

I've never heard of Arcade fire before either tbh.

I'm 18 in 365 days and 2 hours 55 minutes :)

I have no idea what you mean so.. I'm going to see eminem, muse, the prodigy, kasabian, david guetta, calvin harris, black eyed peas and many more next weekend <_<

Oxegens still shite and electric picnic is miles better, and i've seen half those bands more than once, including at oxegen.

Sunday: BellX1, Julian casablancas (guy from the strokes), we are scientists, Broken Social Scene

(none of which clash)

so no you won't

I know they clash, I'm going to muse, then to calvin for a bit. Then Eminem, then the prodigy for a bit :)

:rolleyes:

Get out! Just Leave! :(

no harm dude but that looks shit. Never heard of one of them artists in my life :rolleyes:

I'm 18 in 365 days and 2 hours 55 minutes <_<

(none of which clash)

so no you won't

I know they clash, I'm going to muse, then to calvin for a bit. Then Eminem, then the prodigy for a bit :(

:)

Get out! Just Leave! :(

:D

i was going link it but fuck it waste of time you've no taste and no clue about music, I can honestly say odds are your one of the little spackers i loathe to see at festivals, you'll fit right in at oxegen.

20020714.jpg

those were the days :sniff:

You have no idea who i am, what i am like or anything. Don't judge a book by its cover ant, and in this case, don't judge a kid by his forum image.