Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

I went to the Cropredy festival a few weeks back..it was superb like. Fantastic weather, good atmosphere, and some cracking music. Billy Mitchell out of Lindisfarne was there we had a good old Geordie knees up.

:D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watching this band called the horrors?

They are horrors alright. the guitarist is wearing what appears to be a pillow case on his head.

In my day - a guitarist would wear a top hat. :D

The Horrors are shite.

As are Razorlight, who I watched last night on Beeb 3 and all their songs sounded the same.

I went to the Cropredy festival a few weeks back..it was superb like. Fantastic weather, good atmosphere, and some cracking music. Billy Mitchell out of Lindisfarne was there we had a good old Geordie knees up.

:mellow:

Aw, chill out for once man. I, like you, hate the Jordienation shit too, but hearing traditional geordie folk tunes once in a while isn't a fuckin crime!

• 2 years later...

T in the Park

Muse, Kasabian and Eminem headling

Also announced so far: 30 Seconds To Mars, Black Eyed Peas, Biffy Clyro, Black Mountain, Broken Social Scene, Calvin Harris, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Dirty Projectors, Dizzee Rascal, Ellie Goulding, Empire of the Sun, Erol Alkan, Faithless, Fake Blood, Florence & The Machine, Four Tet, Goldfrapp, Gossip, Hot Chip, Jay-Z, John Mayer, La Roux, Mayer Hawthorne and The County, Mumford and Sons, Newton Faulkner, Paolo Nutini, Plastikman, Rise Against, Skunk Anansie, Slam, Stereophonics, The Cribs, The Coral, The Courteeners, The Proclaimers, The Prodigy, The Stranglers, The Temper Trap, The View, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend and Wolfmother.

T in the Park

Muse, Kasabian and Eminem headling

Also announced so far: 30 Seconds To Mars, Black Eyed Peas, Biffy Clyro, Black Mountain, Broken Social Scene, Calvin Harris, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Dirty Projectors, Dizzee Rascal, Ellie Goulding, Empire of the Sun, Erol Alkan, Faithless, Fake Blood, Florence & The Machine, Four Tet, Goldfrapp, Gossip, Hot Chip, Jay-Z, John Mayer, La Roux, Mayer Hawthorne and The County, Mumford and Sons, Newton Faulkner, Paolo Nutini, Plastikman, Rise Against, Skunk Anansie, Slam, Stereophonics, The Cribs, The Coral, The Courteeners, The Proclaimers, The Prodigy, The Stranglers, The Temper Trap, The View, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend and Wolfmother.

That's an impressive line up.

fuck sake think i'll have give oxegen a miss (it's the t in the park mirror festival whatever plays saturday at T plays sunday at oxegen and vice versa)

every spidey/chav gypsy around will be heading to it now due to Eminem playing, to quote one I used to work with "he's cool man he raps about real life!" :lol:

Seen Broken Social Scene in 2006 and they were great

Least i have tickets for Rage against the machine in June :)

We all wish you would. :)

• 3 months later...

Is it good or bad when you watch the Glastonbury coverage on the Beeb and you realise you own all the music that they're playing?

albarn getting snoop and de la soul on stage with gorillaz was pretty cool. looks like it's going to be a good one this year with good weather for once

stabbings, rape and bad ecstasy? sounds like a hoot. :icon_lol:

Depends on whether you're the offender or the victim :lol:

Kevin so desperate to loose his virginity he'll let a Gypsy horse rape him... :icon_lol:

I'm no virgin. I've had my fair share of "poonany".

Depends on whether you're the offender or the victim :icon_lol:

Kevin so desperate to loose his virginity he'll let a Gypsy horse rape him... :icon_lol:

:lol:

course you have sweetheart, course you have

Depends on whether you're the offender or the victim :icon_lol:

:lol:

course you have sweetheart, course you have

How did you manage to spit coffee over your computer if you're drinking beer :icon_lol:..

Went to Creamfields in Andalucia the other week.

Nothing but Mullet hair-cuts and smacky e's tbh.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Fuck i wish it was 3 years ao

fuck I wish it was 11 yeas ago

upload image

Various - Cowboy Records - The Album Volume 1

Label:

RPM Records (3)

Catalog#:

CDRPM 1424

Format:

CD, Mixed

South Africa

Released:

Genre:

Electronic

Style:

Progressive House

Tracklist

1 Suzi Carr - All Over Me (Association Squeeze Mix)

Remix - Association, The

2 Secret Life - I Want You (Morales Def Classic 12")

Remix - David Morales

3 Rejoice - Peace, Love & Harmony (Association Mix)

Remix - Association, The

4 Talizman - Only You (Grinstretcher Club Mix)

Remix - Grinstretcher

5 Jeanie Tracy - If This Is Love (Play Boys Bingo Bongo Vocal Mix)

Remix - Play Boys

6 Voodoo Blue - All I Do (B's Vocal Mix)

Remix - DJ B

7 Perks Of Living Society - 2 Damn Free (P.L.S. Arena Mix)

Featuring - Valerie Chalmers

8 Pizzaman - Trippin' On Sunshine (California Sunshine Mix)

9 Deja Vu - Why Why Why (Deja Vu's From Belfast To Bosnia Club Mix)

10 Ramp - Rock The Discotheque

11 Lovechild & Rolfe - Time Travellers (Main Club 12" Mix)

12 Forthright - How Sweet The Sound (Busted Mix)

Edited by spongebob toonpants

But fucking hell, how times have changed. I got up early this morning whilst the bairn and her mam were sleeping to watch a bit of Glastonbury on the red button.

Rock and roll.

All seems far too safe and adult friendly to me these days. I find the musical scene of today pretty dispiriting, everything seems so middle class. I quite enjoyed the Gorrilaz for example, but it sits a bit uneasy for me when the younguns are listening to middle aged mens music.

The last two great youth musical uprisings terrified the grown ups, and thats the way it should be.

Punk was powered by speed, Rave by ecstacy - maybe the kids of today need a new drug to kick something into life.

To be honest I havent exactly got my finger on the pulse so I could be talking utter shite, however when that recent greatest band ever thing still had everybody bleating on about Led Zeppelin I found it so depressing. We fought the punk rock wars in the 70's to get rid of the same old shite and still it goes on. Kids shouldnt listen to their (grand)parents music -its wrong