Martins > Bellamy

Asprilla

I'm sorry, this thread is just sad considering there is already a Bellamy thread going. Shall we start a Bellamy forum?

He was one of our biggest players and this is a Newcastle Utd forum.

Would you like me to start a thread about Imre Varadi? :)

I thought Martins was shocking last night until he scored. I don't think I was as ever that frustrated with Bellamy.

I wish we had them both.

However, if we still had Bellamy, we wouldn't have signed Martins.

He was crap, but had half a chance and scored.

I thought Martins was shocking last night until he scored. I don't think I was as ever that frustrated with Bellamy.

I wish we had them both.

I don't there really is a like for like comparison here..One is a creative forward and the other is striker who is only really there to score goals.

I'm sorry, this thread is just sad considering there is already a Bellamy thread going. Shall we start a Bellamy forum?

He was one of our biggest players and this is a Newcastle Utd forum.

was was was

I'd expect more goals from Martins than Bellamy tbh and that is the most important thing in football, despite the fact that along with Leazes i'm one of Bellamy's biggest fans! You do need other things up front, but a striker who can guarentee plenty of goals is always worth their place!

even though you are probably one of the only people shorter than him :)

must look canny standing next to you then :(

I wish we had them both.

actually, that is spot on. And it is where Bellamy has a huge edge over him, but in that respect, Bellamy scores over most players, so - again I'm not knocking Martins as much as bigging up Bellamy.

I wish we had them both.

actually, that is spot on. And it is where Bellamy has a huge edge over him, but in that respect, Bellamy scores over most players, so - again I'm not knocking Martins as much as bigging up Bellamy.

If I was pushed into a corner I'd have Bellamy (on the playing side of things).

I wish we had them both.

I don't there really is a like for like comparison here..One is a creative forward and the other is striker who is only really there to score goals.

Got a few assists for someone who only really scores goals.

In terms of scoring goals, which is the ultimate measure of any striker, its Martins every time.

Goes missing a lot Jimbo. And only a matter of time before he breaks his wrists. :):(

Puts the ball in the back of the net a lot.

In terms of scoring goals, which is the ultimate measure of any striker, its Martins every time.

Goes missing a lot Jimbo. And only a matter of time before he breaks his wrists. :):(

Beardsley or Martins then :(

Goes missing a lot Jimbo. And only a matter of time before he breaks his wrists. :):blink:

Beardsley or Martins then :(

:(

Well personally I don't consider Bellamy a striker as you will in the same scenario as Martins is, Bellamy to me is more of a support striker and not an out and out striker, despite him being the main man at Blackburn when he was with us he never was so to speak was always supporting Shearer.

Guest Patrokles

For goals per chance ratio, I'll take Martins over Bellamy every time.

Like a lot of strikers, they work in pairs. Bellamy was and is underrated as a finisher, and IMO a few spectacular goals have contributed to Martins being overrated as a finisher. They are different sorts of players, but Bellamy gives the team more, consistently, and makes things happen. I'm surprised at you mate, I thought you would be one of the ones who have a better understanding of the game than simply to look at a goalscoring stat to show a players worth ..... Bellamy makes things happen for others. When Owen returns, we will see how well Martins does this. I'm not knocking him either before some of the plebs will suggest just because its my comment, like gram for instance. I actually think that Craig Bellamy would have been a brilliant partner for Owen, and still would be, and possibly Martins too for that matter.

That being the case, how come no one is rating Milner as a finisher? (which he clearly isn't)