"Your daddy's rich and your mother is good looking"..

Park Life

I get on with both of my parents most of the time, I see my dad every fornight on a saturday for a couple of hours and he rings every Thursday night, that's cause he lives down in work with my Step-mam and step-brothers.

My mam on the other hand I get on with her as well and I live with her, my older brother and younger sister.

So I get on with the both really.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on fine with both my parents, which is just as well because despite my best efforts I'd be up financial crap creek without a paddle, or even a boat if it wasn't for them.

Slightly annoyed that I agreed to drive them to Heathrow next weekend for their anniversary as I'm missing at least three parties, but they deserve it.

I get on well with both of mine, over the years we've had differences and when I was younger I was a bit of a twat but since then its been good.

Theres been the odd hiccup, both are good straight laced hard working people so there are times when they dont agree with things I do etc but generally I love em both to bits

I know people say blood is thicker than water but just because they're your parents doesn't mean they can't be twats. Some of us got lucky, some of us not so.

My mam can annoy me at times but the woman is amasing. Always pop over on a Saturday morning after I've been swimming for my breakfast. Currently battling cancer for the 4th time and seemingly beating it again if recent tests results are anything to go by. She's always believed that if your time is up then it's up. Still going to work as if nowts wrong. Massive respect. Hoping to be able to be off the chemo and getting lashed at my wedding in the summer. For once, I'll be delighted to see her airplainging round the dancefloor and threatening the DJ if he doesn't play Loveshack.

I know people say blood is thicker than water but just because they're your parents doesn't mean they can't be twats. Some of us got lucky, some of us not so.

My mam can annoy me at times but the woman is amasing. Always pop over on a Saturday morning after I've been swimming for my breakfast. Currently battling cancer for the 4th time and seemingly beating it again if recent tests results are anything to go by. She's always believed that if your time is up then it's up. Still going to work as if nowts wrong. Massive respect. Hoping to be able to be off the chemo and getting lashed at my wedding in the summer. For once, I'll be delighted to see her airplainging round the dancefloor and threatening the DJ if he doesn't play Loveshack.

:naughty:

Howay the lass!

My mam and dad seperated when I was 5, to young to realise at the the time but when i got older and heard about my fatha's antics, not from my mam may i add and it didn't take long to realise he was a top shelf arsehole.

I still get on well with him today but I owe him nothing as far as I'm concerned, it was my mam who brought me and my brother up working full time to earn a pittance and doing without herself to try and do her best for us.

I still remember standing on a Saturday morning with my towel under my arm waiting for my fatha to come and take us to the swimming baths but after a few no shows I sharp got the jist of what sort of wanker I was dealing with.

I've confronted him about his non-appearances and false promises just recently and he denies it to the hilt, obvioulsy can't live with the guilt.

Sad thing about the whole fiasco is my brother has turned out just like him, no time for his kid etc etc but pretends he's the best dad in the world. The most positive thing that came out of my parents divorce is that i promised myself i would never let my kids grow up without both parents and I full intend to fulfill that promise.

As for my mam she met the bloke she deserved about ten years after my dad and lives very happily now.

Moral of this story.......you only get one mam so don't forget it.

P.S Mothers day coming up :naughty:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

The Oedipus complex is rife on here like.

Speak for yourself you fucking pervert :lol:

:nufc:

I was alluding more to the dad killing than the mam shagging.

I think the 'dad killing' is more lower brain and to do with shortage of grazing or territory. :lol:

Guest Toplass-101

Dad worked in Swans and is the funniest man I've met, he is as dry as sand and he loves gardening. Mam worked at DSS and she is always right, loves footy (though she doesnt sing any swear words at the match) and likes going out with her mates. She is off on a Caribbean cruise next week, when she is away Dad will be off to the Clerb. They are both sound and we all get on great.

I'd like to add that it takes two to tango. Both in falling out and making up.

thats naive :lol:

not really. having tried to make up with my estranged mother and realised that she is not ready or able to for whatever reason then I would say that it is realistic.

To say that you should always try and work things out with someone while they are still alive assumes they are able to, want to, or both - that is naive.

but to say that it takes two to tango with regards to falling out, is naive.

you could be the nicest guy in the world, but if your dad/son is a cock you could go the rest of your life without them. They entirely to blame for the break down of relationships and equally at fault for the failure to bridge the gap.

and I at no point suggested that everyone should try to patch things up, I said in General it's a good idea to try to rebuild a damaged relationship. I had thought that the "In General" caveat would be enough to make this clear... :lol:

I see what you mean, what I am saying is that it may take one person to be a knobhead but it takes two to give up on the relationship, in the same way that it takes two to sort it out. I'm not suggesting anyone ought to be a saint in the face of repeated knobheadery.

Clearly the one who is negligent may have given up on the relationship years before the doting child, and it's only when we reach adulthood that we realise and give up ourselves.

For the record I agree with everything you said (apart from my naivety! ;) ) What I am saying is a little different. Furthermore, to state the bleedin obvious, human relationships are absurdly complex and so generalisations are difficult, mine included. :nufc:

Aye, my dad had became more of my mate and less of my dad before he died. When you think about it though, you tend to have so much in common with your parents; character traits, personality, interests etc. I guess it either drives you mad and you don't want to spend time with each other or you get on like a house on fire.

In no way wishing to appear to make a joke out of your loss but after reading the post above and remembering your first post in the thread (below) I decided that church is the way forward as there must definitely be a fantastic afterlife.

'My dad looks at vaginas allllllllll day long.'

Always got on really well with both parents, helps that they're two of the nicest people you could meet, mind!

Did used to argue with my mam alot as a kid/teenager because we were both always right, but since i got older i gave up on the arguments as i couldn't be bothered, so i get on with them all the time basically!

Aye, my dad had became more of my mate and less of my dad before he died. When you think about it though, you tend to have so much in common with your parents; character traits, personality, interests etc. I guess it either drives you mad and you don't want to spend time with each other or you get on like a house on fire.

In no way wishing to appear to make a joke out of your loss but after reading the post above and remembering your first post in the thread (below) I decided that church is the way forward as there must definitely be a fantastic afterlife.

Or he could be in hell, looking at Chelsea fans. :lol:

It's what he would have wanted. Well, it's what I want.

Generally speaking I don't know if getting on with your parents and having a lot of stability is really good for a person.

You do talk a lot of shite at times. I'd say generally, it's the perfect scenario.

Generally speaking I don't know if getting on with your parents and having a lot of stability is really good for a person.

You do talk a lot of shite at times. I'd say generally, it's the perfect scenario.

Is it good to have things too comfortable?

Who mentioned too comfortable but you, right now? It's good to have loving caring parents and a stable background, yes. The stats prove this.

Who mentioned too comfortable but you, right now? It's good to have loving caring parents and a stable background, yes. The stats prove this.

That is the perceived wisdom. I don't disagree with you or Alex on a personal level and I often think about my childhood and wished it had been easier in certain aspects....But then I wouldn't be me....

One thing that made me think was when at my old company after 3 years I got involved in the interviewing process...What do you know the most boring and twatty interviewees all had perfect CV's...It kind of has a bearing on this subject although at a slight tangent..In discussing the candidates it was often difficult to tell some of them apart, so similar were their backgrounds and performance...The people that shone (and this surprised me at the time) were the ones who had less than good CV's, they came across as slightly erratic and ubnbalanced but driven.

Erratic and unbalanced is exactly what I look for in a prospective employee. :lol:

The first two words on my CV :lol:

I have them in quotation marks between my first and second name. If the interviewer mentions them I shoot him with two index finger pistols and tell him "Those are my middle names"

Erratic and unbalanced is exactly what I look for in a prospective employee. :lol:

The first two words on my CV :lol:

I have them in quotation marks between my first and second name. If the interviewer mentions them I shoot him with two index finger pistols and tell him "Those are my middle names"

As one would surely. :nufc: