That fat kid that's all over the news

Gemmill

14 stone at 8 years old. Anyone see the programme on him last night. His mother is a fucking idiot. "At the end of the day, what are you supposed to do when you've got a child that just won't eat healthy food? If I give him anything else he slams doors and throws tantrums. I can't starve him, so I have to just feed him what he wants."

The lad has knackered 5 beds and 4 bikes and is well on his way to serious heart problems, and his brain donor mother just keeps giving him chips, curries, crisps and whatever he demands.

Anyway, what do people think about the prospect of him being taken into care? I think it would be awful for the kid to be taken away from his family, but the mother is basically killing him, and showing no signs of stopping, so what can they do. It's basically child abuse.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, child abuse. Basically she's too fucking lazy to do anything other than take the easy option and give him what he wants. As though 8 year olds are in a position to decide what's best for them.

She claims if she was neglecting him she would be starving him. Bollocks, she can't be arsed to discipline him so just gives him everything he wants because it's easier. She said he once tried a mouthful of apple and didn't like it, so that's it, she tried, now he has to have nothing but processed food.

Oh and it's genetic as well, he has family history of 'intolerance to fruit and vegetables' :naughty:

Edited by BlueStar

She claims if she was neglecting him she would be starving him. Bollocks, she can't be arsed to discipline him so just gives him everything he wants because it's easier. She said he once tried a mouthful of apple and didn't like it, so that's it, she tried, now he has to have nothing but processed food.

Yes, it really is that simple and clear cut. :naughty:

Imagine the strain on the heart of an 8 year old kid lugging 14 stone around with him. It's a wonder he hasn't keeled over yet. Although apparently he can't walk any sort of distance without making himself ill. "Eeee burree just won't eat vegetables, so what can a do?"

I personally think sending him into care is not the right option - the lad will miss his family - friends - home and will most likely comfort eat which will just increase his weight. maybe try and educate the family ie healthy living

It should always be the last resort and would seem like a really extreme thing to do. I agree it could be even more harmful, certainly from a psychological point of view.

I personally think sending him into care is not the right option - the lad will miss his family - friends - home and will most likely comfort eat which will just increase his weight. maybe try and educate the family ie healthy living

An 8 year old can't comfort eat if he doesn't have that food at hand though, can he? It's not like he's earning or doing the grocery shop. If the mother stopped buying shit, and started getting fruit in, he'd sharp find something healthier that he could stomach. If not, he's certainly got some reserves there to keep him going for a bit.

I would just like to take this opportunity to confirm to outsiders that we in the n.east of England all live in palatial surroundings like the family in the documetary :naughty:

She claims she has stress due to having to look after the kid '24/7'. From what I could tell, the grandmother did her fair share whilst lazy bastard mother lay smoking in bed in the morning. '24/7'? I think not.

She is lazy. Full stop. Unfortunately, it seems that the doctor has taken the easy option of giving her drugs for stress instead of just telling her the truth that she is just a lazy bitch.

She is lazy. Full stop. Unfortunately, it seems that the doctor has taken the easy option of giving her drugs for stress instead of just telling her the truth that she is just a lazy bitch.

Aye, another quote from her was "In a way I hope it is an illness then I can give him a tablet and make things better." Aye of course you do, you lazy cow. Anything easy where you can just snap your fingers and have to make no changes whatsoever to your life or parenting skills would be ideal, wouldn't it?

Another thing she claims is that people just give him snacks in the street. She lives in Wallsend ffs, who's handing out snacks to the fat kid in the street in Wallsend?? If I was homeless and starving I'd be fucking livid at this revelation!

The mother in The Times who reported on this the other day:

“If Connor gets taken into care that is the worst scenario there could be. Hopefully, we will be able to work through it and come up with a good plan and he will just be put on the at-risk register or some other register. That wouldn’t be so bad because, hopefully, there will be some help for us at the end of it.”

The last line is probably the worst for me. She needs to take some responsibility, not expect the authorities to sort this out.

Another thing she claims is that people just give him snacks in the street. She lives in Wallsend ffs, who's handing out snacks to the fat kid in the street in Wallsend?? If I was homeless and starving I'd be fucking livid at this revelation!

Is she not bothered about her kid accepting sweeties from strangers like? Not that I imagine he's exactly a paedo's dream catch, but you'd think she might question the morality of it all...

The authorities seem to be banging on about eating a healthy diet. Being a health freak myself ( :naughty: ) I support that way of life, but the underlying problem is not his eating of crap food, but the sheer volume of what he is eating. At 8 years old, his metabolism should be able to cope with the crap food, but just less of it.

btw, as you know I'm not a doctor, so these views are purely from an layman's point of view.

Edited by snakehips

From the same article:

One National Health Service source said: “We have attempted many times to arrange for Connor to have appointments with community and paediatric nutritionists, public health experts, school nurses and social workers to weigh and measure him and to address his diet, but the appointments have been missed.

“Taking the child into care or putting him on the child protection register is absolutely the last resort. We do not do these things lightly but we have got to consider what effect this life-style is having on his health. Child abuse is not just about hitting your children or sexually abusing them, it is also about neglect.”

Why doesn't the bit in bold surprise me. I wonder what the mother had to do that was so important that she couldn't take him to these appointments. Perhaps she was expecting an ambulance to turn up to take them there. Scum tbh.

From the same article:

One National Health Service source said: “We have attempted many times to arrange for Connor to have appointments with community and paediatric nutritionists, public health experts, school nurses and social workers to weigh and measure him and to address his diet, but the appointments have been missed.

“Taking the child into care or putting him on the child protection register is absolutely the last resort. We do not do these things lightly but we have got to consider what effect this life-style is having on his health. Child abuse is not just about hitting your children or sexually abusing them, it is also about neglect.”

Why doesn't the bit in bold surprise me. I wonder what the mother had to do that was so important that she couldn't take him to these appointments. Perhaps she was expecting an ambulance to turn up to take them there. Scum tbh.

I suspect darling Connor chucks a tantrum and tells his mam he doesn't want to go. Obviously she does as she's told. I mean what else can she do?

From the same article:

I suspect darling Connor chucks a tantrum and tells his mam he doesn't want to go. Obviously she does as she's told. I mean what else can she do?

Probably more like:

"Do you want to go?"

"No."

"Ok."

From the same article:

Probably more like:

"Do you want to go?"

"Omnyomnyomnyom.....No.....omnyomnyomnyom"

"Ok. Don't speak with your mouth full."

FYP

From the same article:

Why can't I get the image of 'Spoilt Bastard' from Viz out of my head??

She was complaining that "all we've been given is advice" as well. Obviously advice like "stop feeding him shit" doesn't cut it when you want an easy fix to the problem. Especially when you don't bother to act on the advice.

It was real shout at the tele stuff like. She was complaining about all the crisps he was eating and you just founf yourself shouting 'DON'T FUCKIN BUY HIM ANY THEN!'

Never mind the kid having a coronary, the rest of us were prettty close just watching it.