Andorra v England

TheMoog

If that's true, he shouldn't be defending Lampard. He should say he dropped him then he pissed off in the huff. If it was me, Lampard would have to eat some humble pie before getting back in the squad. You get the feeling McClaren is weak as piss though. Remember Rooney telling him to fuck off or similar when he told Rooney to 'smile' during the away defeat to Norn Iron last year? I realise he was only the assistant then but it gives an indiction as to the sort of 'esteem' he's held in by the players.

You get this feeling Rooney isn't happy playing for England under McClaren. Saying that though, he hasn't scored since Euro 2004 and you can't blame McClaren for that. Still, he looks like he's sick of his life playing for England these days.

It got really nasty just before half time. The chants of "There's only one David Beckham" then all the booing and shouting as the players walked off.

The "Still want McClaren Out" at 3-0 was canny funny like. Like a load of huffy bairns - when they cut to the crowd after Gerrard scored the first there were loads of people with a "Fuck that keeps him in a job" look on their face. Not much celebrating.

Gerrard's celebration of the first was a bit ott, especially towards an empty stand. Scored against a bunch of part-timers after labouring for almost an hour. Would have been better to simply retrieve the ball from the back of the net and run back towards the centre circle.

Gerrard's celebration of the first was a bit ott, especially towards an empty stand. Scored against a bunch of part-timers after labouring for almost an hour. Would have been better to simply retrieve the ball from the back of the net and run back towards the centre circle.

That's what I thought tbh. Just a release of pressure I guess. He seemed to have a word with himself and calm down (if you'll pardon the expression) pretty quickly.

I'm assuming it's this mind coach that's advised him appallingly on how to handle the Lampard situation too. Supposedly Lampard was fit to play and was dropped. But instead of coming out and saying "See, I AM a man that can make big decisions", a smoke screen has been set up involving an injured wrist. Which makes McClaren look like a soft shite.

If that's true it's ridiculous. Plus, it would have prevented him putting Lampard on as sub during the game at any point.

I doubt that is true, there was a shot of Lampard in the stands with a cast on last night.

Any money Lampard plays on Saturday for Chelsea. It wasn't a cast though was it? Wasn't it just one of those velcro wrist supports?

If thats true about him spitting his dummy out he's a prick tbh. Remember a couple of seasons ago for Chelsea Ranieri benched him for a Champions League game. He spat his dummy out again, 'you mean Frank Lampard has to sit on the bench?'

Fat twat.

my pc at work won't allow me to do the quotes so i'll just say quoted for truth Ally...

for my money lampard is an occasionally effective player at european/world level but is not consistent enough. in the premiership however he's allowed the freedom of being able to go forward without repercussion so that he can score goals at will.

he is renowned for on pitch sledging and general bad sportsmanship. i'm surprised he's not england captain tbh...

I agree. I think he did it to try and make a 'we all still care about playing for this country' statement but in the end it was a bit cringeworthy.

I'm assuming it's this mind coach that's advised him appallingly on how to handle the Lampard situation too. Supposedly Lampard was fit to play and was dropped. But instead of coming out and saying "See, I AM a man that can make big decisions", a smoke screen has been set up involving an injured wrist. Which makes McClaren look like a soft shite.

If that's true it's ridiculous. Plus, it would have prevented him putting Lampard on as sub during the game at any point.

I doubt that is true, there was a shot of Lampard in the stands with a cast on last night.

It was only a wrist brace. The same one he had on for training the last 2 days.

Looks like Luke's gonna make a canny doctor. :crylaughin:

Had a phone conversation with a marra in Gosforth after yesterday's match and he said the worst thing that can happen to a Newcastle supporter is to be an England supporter as well. :crylaughin:

I'm sure it was a cast, or at least it should have been. He suffered a broken radius and ligament damage.

I'm sure it was a cast, or at least it should have been. He suffered a broken radius and ligament damage.

Lampardwrist184.jpg

lampard27_468x584.jpg

That would be the good old wrist brace with tubigrip combo!

By broken im guessing they mean hairline fracture! They dont even give tubigrip out anymore. They did research on it and found out it actually served no benefit and was costing the NHS something silly like £10mil a year to hand out.

I have to admit that the longer the game went on, the more I wanted the match to end nil nil. I was watching the scotland game and had the ceefax updates on the bottom of the screen and was most upset when Gerrard (or is it officially 'Stevie G' these days?) scored :lol:

The only excitement I get from Engerlund these days is watching/listening to all the shite/slagging from the fans/media :crylaughin:

That would be the good old wrist brace with tubigrip combo!

By broken im guessing they mean hairline fracture! They dont even give tubigrip out anymore. They did research on it and found out it actually served no benefit and was costing the NHS something silly like £10mil a year to hand out.

I'll take your word for it, I've only a done a week in A&E so far. Hoping to organise some more time there over the summer though.