The delusions of the West

Tom

?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the USA attacked Iran and provoked a war would you support the use of UK troops?

I wouldnt :crylaughin:

Won't happen, air strikes maybe (maybe), but ground troops? The time where that was even a somewhat realistic option has long passed.

Or do you mean if they won’t release the UK sailors they have?

I wonder it they are staging mock executions for them as they did to the marines in 2004. :lol:

If the USA attacked Iran and provoked a war would you support the use of UK troops?

Won't happen, air strikes maybe (maybe), but ground troops? The time where that was even a somewhat realistic option has long passed.

I wonder it they are staging mock executions for them as they did to the marines in 2004. :lol:

They reckon the USA have planned an initial Air Assualt to damage the economy, destroy certian areas of the government, and put Irans nuclear plan back by 7 years,

But i presume this would have to be followed by a ground assault.

They reckon the USA have planned an initial Air Assualt to damage the economy, destroy certian areas of the government, and put Irans nuclear plan back by 7 years,

But i presume this would have to be followed by a ground assault.

In 2003 ground troops were at least a potentially realistic outcome (the USA has certainly at least thought about such an option). But these days it'll never happen (the USA simply doesn't have the resources OR the political will).

Air strikes could happen (maybe), but even the likelihood of these has fallen a long way from what it was.

The unfortunate thing for the current hostages (which raises the remote possibility of military action) is that the UK by making Iran look so completely ridiculous with their data and Iran's comical back peddling lies has maybe put back the likelihood of their release.

Given how badly the 2004 captives were treated (if it had been British troops holding Iranians in the same manner make no mistake that Abu Ghraib type prosecution would have followed. They were treated in an appallingly manner and in that context the UK Government was being as obsequious as possible to Iran really) their treatment could be being pretty dire at the moment. :lol:.

Edited by Fop

Nope, it would make the fuck up in Iraq look like a minor fracas.

Aye. It would be a f*cking bloodbath all round.

No.

Question would better be phrased: Would you risk someone you love/family/friend for the sake of Big Oil.

No.

Question would better be phrased: Would you risk someone you love/family/friend for the sake of Big Oil.

nope :crylaughin:

No.

But equally a follow up question would be; would you stop using oil (and all the derivatives there of)?

No.

But equally a follow up question would be; would you stop using oil (and all the derivatives there of)?

You need to elaborate on this as there are many complex ans...

On a basic level you do realise that over the next 25yrs or so we are all going to have to move away from oil to other forms of energy...And I don't just mean not using plastic bags or driving a car.. :crylaughin:

Edited by Parky

No.

On a basic level you do realise that over the next 25yrs or so we are all going to have to move away from oil to other forms of energy...And I don't just mean not using plastic bags or driving a car.. :crylaughin:

Which is surely all the more reason to stop using oil NOW is it not? :lol:

(such as stop wearing out your oil based monitor by surfing and posting on this site which is a frivolous and completely unnecessary squandering of the Earths resources!)

No.

Which is surely all the more reason to stop using oil NOW is it not? :lol:

(such as stop wearing out your oil based monitor by surfing and posting on this site which is a frivolous and completely unnecessary squandering of the Earths resources!)

The ans to all this bollocks is TESLA. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6510375.stm

Looks like it was written by the iranians (and probably was)

Listen man all this is meaningless. We've been fucking with them for years and now they're fucking with us. Lets not start pretending we're the innocent party here. We cannot attack them in any conceivable way without endangring the lives those sailors. For me the prime mission here is to get them back whatever it takes. If we want to cause mischief in Iran later...That is a different matter.

I wonder how much Fuel a war uses up :lol:

No where near as much as an X-box, Sky+ Box, Plasma TV, electric guitar, comfy chair etc. etc. for everyone I'm afraid.

The ans to all this bollocks is TESLA. :crylaughin:

Well it's probably nuclear (power wise at least) but that's unpopular for a load of valid reasons as well.

Yeh man i know,

Even the US were double-flagging in the 50's over there :lol:

Better thread title would have been: The delusions of the West. :lol:

People are delusional if they think Iran will be attacked or invaded at least tbh.

No where near as much as an X-box, Sky+ Box, Plasma TV, electric guitar, comfy chair etc. etc. for everyone I'm afraid.

Well it's probably nuclear (power wise at least) but that's unpopular for a load of valid reasons as well.

Yeh man i know,

People are delusional if they think Iran will be attacked or invaded at least tbh.

Loving the thread title. :lol:

Yeh man i know,

Loving the thread title. :lol:

Who thinks we should send troops in Btw and how do they think that will work?