Rio

Kid Dynamite

Watched the Man U game in the pub today. Rio was through on goal when the ref blew to pull the play back for a free kick. From no more than 15yards Rio absolutely hammered the ball straight into the crowd in a strop and nearly took some poor womans head off. Didnt even get a yellow. :crylaughin:

Watched the Man U game in the pub today. Rio was through on goal when the ref blew to pull the play back for a free kick. From no more than 15yards Rio absolutely hammered the ball straight into the crowd in a strop and nearly took some poor womans head off. Didnt even get a yellow. :crylaughin:

Didn't realise we were on first name terms with manure players now :lol:

• 3 years later...

haha "manure"

LOLZER111!!!!!!111!!1111

No, really.

Sorry should just have said "United" then everyone would know who I was talking about.

Rio Ferdinand must be fucking spitting mad at Capello at the minute. One of THE most disrespectful things I've seen at this level. For me Rio is better than Terry, and doesn't court praise as much as Terry. Rio comes across to me as a down to earth bloke who appreciates where he's come from and where he is without the Billy Bigbollocks that comes with celeb footballers. Last year he holidayed in a caravan in fucking Rhyl. He'll not be remembered as an all time great alongside Baresi etc.. but imo he should have been. The drugs thing didn't help matters though.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention I know he got some stick on here, but in a chance meeting about 5 or 6 month ago, I met Thenorthumbrian at a non league game, he's a massive Berwick fan and was telling me and my mate he scouts for Norwegian teams and posts on mb's as thenorthumbrian. He was an absolutely cracking bloke, and I'll admit now based on the conversation and beers we had with him, I think he knows more about football than me. He was telling me stuff from the 80's and 70's that I'd never even heard of. I know the fish had run ins with him but he was a sound bloke.

"he'll not be remembered as an all time great alongside Baresi etc.."

there's good reason for that imo he's nowhere near as good, and when he gets it into his head that he can do a "Beckenbauer" and bring it out from the back he turns into a liability

Dunno i always thought he was never the player they made him out to be, not saying he's gash or anything, but if i was given the choice even in utd's squad i'd pick vidic everytime.

Disagree vehemently. He had a dodgy 9 month spell not so long ago, but apart from that he's had an immaculate career, rarely seen a defender keep the ball and use the ball as well. Unbeatable in the air almost, position sense absolutely flawless. What a player, England would've done much better in the WC with him. England's best centre half since Bobby Moore, but he won't be remembered as such. If anyone says Tony Adams please feel free to pipe down.

Over the course of his career Ferdinand has without doubt been world class.

He used to be prone to a few lapses in his concentration, but over the years he's been consistently brilliant.

In their pomp I'd say him and Campbell were both better than John Terry (who has never shone for England like they both did).

Woodgate's injuries (although his lifestyle hasn't helped him) still annoy me. As he would have went down as an England great, as he had the potential to be better than all of them.

He used to be prone to a few lapses in his concentration, but over the years he's been consistently brilliant.

In their pomp I'd say him and Campbell were both better than John Terry (who has never shone for England like they both did).

Woodgate's injuries (although his lifestyle hasn't helped him) still annoy me. As he would have went down as an England great, as he had the potential to be better than all of them.

Couldn't agree more. I think Woody was so good, the potential was there for him to be our greatest ever player. I mean that, he just had a god given talent to look so graceful on the ball, never seen anyone read it better. Even now if he could get through games consistently even if he was slow he'd be a major asset to anyone.

Ferdinand though for me best centre half of the last 10 years in the world, he's done it at the very highest level in Europe and at WC's he never was to blame for anything. Cannavaro was great but overrated, he was no Baresi. Campbell was the best man marker I've seen at centre half at his peak, and while being class I'd say Rio's technical ability gave him a very marginal edge.

Couldn't agree more. I think Woody was so good, the potential was there for him to be our greatest ever player. I mean that, he just had a god given talent to look so graceful on the ball, never seen anyone read it better. Even now if he could get through games consistently even if he was slow he'd be a major asset to anyone.

Ferdinand though for me best centre half of the last 10 years in the world, he's done it at the very highest level in Europe and at WC's he never was to blame for anything. Cannavaro was great but overrated, he was no Baresi. Campbell was the best man marker I've seen at centre half at his peak, and while being class I'd say Rio's technical ability gave him a very marginal edge.

Nar, I'd give that to Nesta.

What fucks me off about it is that Capello is using the debacle against Denmark as a reason to given the captaincy back to Terry. Exactly whos decision was it to keep substituting the players with the armband? Fucking idiot.

If he was so intent on replacing Ferdinand as captain I'd have gave the armband to Rooney. It may have been something to rejuvenate his England career, plus we need to star building for the future.

That means making sure that Wilshere is the one we build the team around.

If he was so intent on replacing Ferdinand as captain I'd have gave the armband to Rooney. It may have been something to rejuvenate his England career, plus we need to star building for the future.

That means making sure that Wilshere is the one we build the team around.

Could've been a good idea that like.

I'd say on the whole there isn't much to choose between the two but the way Capello went about this is bizarre and incredibly stupid. If he was so intent on Terry being captain he should never have taken it away from him initially. I don't understand why someone didn't stop Capello from going back on the decision as it makes him look extremely foolish imo.