Louis Theroux 9pm BBC2 tonight

DanTheMan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shook Meenzer's hand on Saturday. He has condemned me to burn hell as a fag enabler!

Urgh! He touches men's willies with it, you know!

More to the point I've shaken your hand before and you've touched your willie with it! :o

I shook Meenzer's hand on Saturday. He has condemned me to burn hell as a fag enabler!

Urgh! He touches men's willies with it, you know!

More to the point I've shaken your hand before and you've touched your willie with it! :o

Insta-stiffy for you on that occasion. :o

At least I wash my hands after any such contact. Can the same be said of every Trent regular whose hand one might have the pleasure of shaking? :o :o

Our survey says.......!

I always forget who the dirty bastards are though when I'm there. Watch out for the momentary look of panic when someone extends their hand as I try to recall if they're one of the fucking "Whey me cock's clean like" brigade. :lol:

I watched it tonight, it reinforced every opinion I had on fundementalist religions, and that most christians are very un-christlike.

Granted you will find twisted morons such as the family in question, but in what way do they represent "most" Christians? It represents misinterpretation of religious teachings if anything. I for one am certainly totally opposed to them and I sure anyone with any sense is too.

Under what position are you to make generalisations about what most Christians are like? Now, everyone in the world will what is considered "sin", but that says nothing about the people as a whole. By writing "very un-christlike", it implies you mean virtually the opposite. How many Christians would you say you know and how many must one know to make such a sweeping generalisation?

I watched it tonight, it reinforced every opinion I had on fundementalist religions, and that most christians are very un-christlike.

Granted you will find twisted morons such as the family in question, but in what way do they represent "most" Christians? It represents misinterpretation of religious teachings if anything. I for one am certainly totally opposed to them and I sure anyone with any sense is too.

Under what position are you to make generalisations about what most Christians are like? Now, everyone in the world will what is considered "sin", but that says nothing about the people as a whole. By writing "very un-christlike", it implies you mean virtually the opposite. How many Christians would you say you know and how many must one know to make such a sweeping generalisation?

Touched a nerve there eh ?

:o

uh oh it's the God Squad.

You're as bad as them... fucking zealots the lot of you. Coming over here declaring our ways evil and wrong and stuff!

and here's me in the corner, losing myreligion.

you're a bunch of bastards and I hold you in contempt

You're as bad as them... fucking zealots the lot of you. Coming over here declaring our ways evil and wrong and stuff!

It doesn't matter. I love each and everyone of you. :o

It doesn't matter. I love each and everyone of you. :lol:

FAG ENABLER!! :o

Saw this last night bar the first 10 minutes. Fucking hell. The worst part of it for me was the indoctrination of the kids. Also found it funny how the leader/pastor/whatever allowed Theroux to ask him a couple of questions then called Theroux an idiot because he they weren't the right sort of questions. Found the case of the 21 year old lass he spent a lot of time with really sad too as you could tell she could be sound but had been brainwashed. I know what Meenzer means about the programme not quite working though. Maybe it's because he normally manages to gain some insight into the people he investigates but this time he just met a solid wall of meaningless prepared answers every time he tried to delve a bit. How nuts was the documentary maker who'd joined them btw?

The worst part of it for me was the indoctrination of the kids.

Is there a fundamental difference between the indoctrination those kids receive and other kids, like catholics though, or is it a sliding scale? [\controversial]

Is there a fundamental difference between the indoctrination those kids receive and other kids, like catholics though, or is it a sliding scale? [\controversial]

*Bad memories of A-Level history with Robert Peel and the Repeal Of The Corn Laws come flooding back.*

Well, there are similarities I suppose, but I think the particular type of hate the kids were being taught in the programme far outweighs and is far more damaging to the children involved than your average religious education. I think the fundamental difference between this and a 'normal' religious upbringing (no such thing in a way but I think you know what I mean) is that this was 24/7 and they seemed to be isolated from forming bonds with the rest of society from birth. The head honcho was a evil loon imo.

Well, there are similarities I suppose, but I think the particular type of hate the kids were being taught in the programme far outweighs and is far more damaging to the children involved than your average religious education. I think the fundamental difference between this and a 'normal' religious upbringing (no such thing in a way but I think you know what I mean) is that this was 24/7 and they seemed to be isolated from forming bonds with the rest of society from birth. The head honcho was a evil loon imo.

Yeah, just being argumentative surprisingly enough. :lol:

I just wonder if it's the indoctrination or the extreme bigotry that's the problem, or a combination of both. You could argue that nutters like these are less of a problem to society than some of the more bigotted main stream religions, due to their rarity. Mind, in any case I don't think society should tolerate this particular brand of lunacy - those kids should be taken into care.

Less damaging to society as a whole but more damaging to those directly affected by the cult (because that's what it is) I'd say. Anyway, I think you know I'm not particularly enamoured by organised/mainstream religions either.

Saw this last night bar the first 10 minutes. Fucking hell. The worst part of it for me was the indoctrination of the kids. Also found it funny how the leader/pastor/whatever allowed Theroux to ask him a couple of questions then called Theroux an idiot because he they weren't the right sort of questions. Found the case of the 21 year old lass he spent a lot of time with really sad too as you could tell she could be sound but had been brainwashed. I know what Meenzer means about the programme not quite working though. Maybe it's because he normally manages to gain some insight into the people he investigates but this time he just met a solid wall of meaningless prepared answers every time he tried to delve a bit. How nuts was the documentary maker who'd joined them btw?

It didn't work on the usual level his documentaries do because he manages to immerse himself in the group and almost become part of it, hence the reason why everyone opens up to him. It obviously wasn't possible on this, mainly because the views were so strong and vile Theroux didn't want to touch them with a shitty stick. He was more a watcher than a doer if you know what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

There's tonnes of his stuff on YouTube. The UFO one is probably the funniest, the bunch of nutters he meets who's '25th Century equipment' is basically a bike helmet and some copper wire are fucking hilarious.

Edited by Skol

I've got the two original best of Weird Weekends DVDs anyway including that UFO one. He doesn't always have to immerse himself in a group to make it work (although he often does that) but he does manage to catch them off their guard normally at the very least. I didn't even think he did that in a way that provided any insight. That UFO one is class btw :lol: