Roeder: We're not in relegation fight

Jimbo

Chelsea and Arsenal will of course be tough (although depending on which Arsenal and which Newcastle turn up who knows), but if Roeder (or any manager in his situation) isn't at least looking at getting some points from the others then frankly we may as well just volunteer for the Championship now. :o

Hey, I'm sure Roeder does want to win every game, but can you see this side the way they're playing now beating anyone? I can't.

I'll be surprised if we pick up 0 points from them, but it is possible, especially with Newcastle.

But again what should he have said even IF he believes we'll now pick up no more points this season?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal attack! Morale highground response in the post tbh.

:o Seriously though, I'm falling asleep. "Possibility of relegation" vs. "Relegation battle" ffs. Fop man, have a word with yourself!

What's the specific formula for "Relegation battle"? When does "Possibility of relegation" cross the threshold into "Relegation battle"?

[Fop] "If "Relegation Battle" (RB) = Possibility of Relegation (PoR) squared divided by the number of games remaining, we can see that PoR is a key driver for RB but that PoR does not in and of itself necessitate concerns over RB. [/Fop]

Heh I see you've given up entirely on the point of the thread and are just attacking me instead. B)

Most amusing considering your whine about me using nasty evil emoticons earlier in the thread. ;)

My point for most of the thread has been that you're an irritating, boring tit. I'm grateful that you insist on reinforcing it with every post.

And again now you've completely given up with the point yet more personal attacks.... fortunately that is acceptable here unlike emoticons. :nufc:

Tell me again about the difference between the possibility of relegation and a relegation battle, you charismatic bastard. :suicide:

Chelsea and Arsenal will of course be tough (although depending on which Arsenal and which Newcastle turn up who knows), but if Roeder (or any manager in his situation) isn't at least looking at getting some points from the others then frankly we may as well just volunteer for the Championship now. :o

Hey, I'm sure Roeder does want to win every game, but can you see this side the way they're playing now beating anyone? I can't.

I'll be surprised if we pick up 0 points from them, but it is possible, especially with Newcastle.

But again what should he have said even IF he believes we'll now pick up no more points this season?

From my personal point of view, he should at least acknowledge that we're not clear of trouble yet. Having said that though, I've always said that the chairman, manager, and players shouldn't speak to the press anyway. I'd rather they shut up and got on with it.

Jesus H tap dancing christ man. We've been over this.

Personal attack! Morale highground response in the post tbh.

:o Seriously though, I'm falling asleep. "Possibility of relegation" vs. "Relegation battle" ffs. Fop man, have a word with yourself!

What's the specific formula for "Relegation battle"? When does "Possibility of relegation" cross the threshold into "Relegation battle"?

[Fop] "If "Relegation Battle" (RB) = Possibility of Relegation (PoR) squared divided by the number of games remaining, we can see that PoR is a key driver for RB but that PoR does not in and of itself necessitate concerns over RB. [/Fop]

Heh I see you've given up entirely on the point of the thread and are just attacking me instead. :angry:

Most amusing considering your whine about me using nasty evil emoticons earlier in the thread. ;)

My point for most of the thread has been that you're an irritating, boring tit. I'm grateful that you insist on reinforcing it with every post.

And again now you've completely given up with the point yet more personal attacks.... fortunately that is acceptable here unlike emoticons. :nufc:

Tell me again about the difference between the possibility of relegation and a relegation battle, you charismatic bastard. :suicide:

I'd rather just laugh at your "insults" (I'm waiting to be called pooey pants by you next :P) and enjoy you winding yourself up into a frenzy (and using emoticons too FOR SHAME!!! ). B)

From my personal point of view, he should at least acknowledge that we're not clear of trouble yet. Having said that though, I've always said that the chairman, manager, and players shouldn't speak to the press anyway. I'd rather they shut up and got on with it.

Aye I think it would make their lives easier if they didn't and in some cases make things go better, but the commecial reality of football these days makes it unlikely.

Likewise.

Being right or pointing things out? Or both? :o

either.

Indeed (as childishness seems to get the crowds baying here ;)).

I meant you missed the point I was making.

Likewise.

Being right or pointing things out? Or both? :o

either.

Indeed (as childishness seems to get the crowds baying here ;)).

I meant you missed the point I was making.

It seems you've missed mine. :nufc:

Alex and Gemmill immediately attempting to take the high ground by saying "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" etc and then going on to bicker for the next two and a half hours?

Edited by Sima

Alex and Gemmill immediately attempting to take the high ground by saying "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" etc and then going on to bicker for the last two and a half hours?

Fair comment. I should learn to walk away.

Alex and Gemmill immediately attempting to take the high ground by saying "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" etc and then going on to bicker for the last two and a half hours?

Fair comment. I should learn to walk away.

Or just not start shit if you don't want to finish it tbh.

Considering we've the joint worst form in league (joint with Sheffield Utd by the way) it's canny ridiculous to state we're not capable of going down.

And I still agree with SLP, a siege mentality might do the team a whole better than blathering to the press, seemingly totally oblivious to the situation we ARE in.

It's debatable if we are actually in a dogfight at this moment. Personally, I reckon we are.

However, there's a fellow with a big bucket of shit poised to launch it at a fast-spinning ceiling fan, should we lose to Sheff Utd. If we lose that game we will definitely be in the scramble; win it and I reckon we should be safe.

Roeder is adamant his side's recent struggles cannot be attributed to a hangover that still lingers following last month's Uefa Cup capitulation in Holland.

"I could say `Yes, that's an excuse' and I could make excuses about this and that. But there's no hangover. The players have to be bigger than that, using the Alkmaar game as a crutch to lean on. I wouldn't accept players saying that because you wouldn't hear me saying it," he said.

:o;) Typical Rodders bullsheet, there. Why not just say 'No', Rodders, and leave out the crap intended to be digested by the idiots as an excuse??????

Roeder is adamant his side's recent struggles cannot be attributed to a hangover that still lingers following last month's Uefa Cup capitulation in Holland.

"I could say `Yes, that's an excuse' and I could make excuses about this and that. But there's no hangover. The players have to be bigger than that, using the Alkmaar game as a crutch to lean on. I wouldn't accept players saying that because you wouldn't hear me saying it," he said.

:o;) Typical Rodders bullsheet, there. Why not just say 'No', Rodders, and leave out the crap intended to be digested by the idiots as an excuse??????

....so easy to see through his little tricks.. :nufc:

I'm beginning to think he is actually a negative force and not just rubbish.

Unfortunately the truth is finally dawning - last season the players were just pleased to get rid of souness - this season they've realised they can dominate roeder and he's not big enough to rectify it-current form is the worry and i agree 3 points on saturday and were safe - i just wish he'd stop trying to be arsene bloody wenger and talking bollocks

Lets look at it simply.

Remaining Games and likely points

Sheff Utd (A) - 1

Arse (H) - 0

Ports (A) - 1

Chelsea (H) - 0

Reading (A) - 0

Blackburn (H) - 3 (no really!)

Watford (A) - 1

Gives us 6 points, leaving us on 43 points.

question is, can Charlton get 14 points, or West Ham 18? They both have 21 points to play for. Charlton are at City on Friday and at home to Reading on monday. Then they face Everton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn, Spurs and Liverpool. They need 5 wins or 4 and 2 draws. Possible for Charlton yes it is.

If we get the results Ive suggested, then we need to watch our backs as we will get sucked in. Though a slight improvement will keep us safe.

My own feeling is that we will be fine, but should we even be in this position to start with? Our worst points total in the Prem is 44, finishing 13th & 14th. I think thats likely where we will be this season.

Joy.